Help with preset function

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
KVRer
3 posts since 13 Jul, 2021

Post Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:26 pm

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has experience with selecting presets over 128 with the linnstrument. I understand I have to send a bank select message and then a program change - but I’m not sure how this would be practically achieved. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:35 pm

Oops - missed this recent thread:

viewtopic.php?f=263&t=564129

Where it says this functionality is not available on the linnstrument.

So - say I had a linnstrument and a midi synth that had more than 128 presets and used banks to access them - what are my options to access those presets?

KVRAF
6043 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Post Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:15 pm

The standard way would be to store the sounds you actually want to use in the first 128 places… Had been like that since 1984… Or have an additional controller/screen to do that… Usually you would want to have a bunch of rotary encoders to navigate through millions of presets (what a nightmare…; - )

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:29 pm

Thanks - second midi signal with some knobs to somehow select the midi preset sounds like something I should look into. I purchased a sound font pack which I am using with fluid synth and hoped to use the linnstrument to send the midi messages to load the presets.

Seems like a neat little feature request to be able to select the midi bank for the presets.

I will report back if I have any luck loading presets past 128 :)

Return to “Roger Linn Design”