Dune 3 on sale, should I get it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

e-crooner wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:30 pm Whatever that is about :hihi:
That's about a virus (of a bacteriophage variety)

Since Dune is often compared to Virus, these results still appear to be relevant 8)
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:35 pm
e-crooner wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:30 pm Whatever that is about :hihi:
That's about a virus (of a bacteriophage variety)

Since Dune is often compared to Virus, these results still appear to be relevant 8)
Good point :hihi:

e-crooner wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:26 pm
chk071 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:53 pm
e-crooner wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:45 pm (Funny, I accidentally typed 'dune syn5th' in Google, and it didn't find the synth. The Google AI seems to be rather primitive. It should have noticed what I meant.)
Actually, it's 10 times better than on any other search engine, that's why Google gets so much use.
Nope. I just tried it in Bing, the SA site was the first result :tu:

With Google it was not even on the first 10 pages, when I gave up.
That's not a general proof that Bing is better though. :)

If it works for you, fair enough. Never did for me.

About the activation/CP, if I understand right I can activate my Dune3 3 times (lol, Dune3 activated 3 times)? But what happens when I have used those 3 activations? :help:

I mean this: I buy Dune3 now, I might get new computer end of this year (that is already 2 activations cone) and if the new computer needs re-install or something that is already 3 activation. Can I ask new activation from Synapse Audio after that? Anyone experienced situation like this? :scared:

If it's working the usual way, then the oldest activation gets disabled, when you already activated it on 3 computers, and activate it on another computer.

Are you planning to activate Dune on so many computers though?

chk071 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:15 pm If it's working the usual way, then the oldest activation gets disabled, when you already activated it on 3 computers, and activate it on another computer.

Are you planning to activate Dune on so many computers though?
I only plan to use it inside one computer. But I might get new computer later this year (I will not use the old one after that/Dune will be only in the new one). But that makes 2 activation already? 1 is for the first time/my current computer and 2 is for the new computer where I will move Dune/use Dune inside the new computer.

I did buy it after all.
My thoughts (maybe some one will find useful if in the same situation):
I was wondering between Nexus 3, Avanger, Rapid & Dune3. Nexus & Avanger I didn’t feel comfortable after reading about their activation systems (some people seem to have no problems but some have major issues).

So it was actually between Rapid vs Dune then. Rapid seems very interesting and powerful. But the demo offers only 2 layers, so I could not really try the full power & full CPU consumption. But not only that, I really LOVED Dune 3’s wave table edition function. And the sound of Dune is just more pleasing for my ears (some one else might find Rapid’s sound for more pleasing but I just loved Dune sound).

The workflow in Dune 3 is… well it is different. I went to try the demo knowing that some people just HATE the workflow. So maybe I was prepared for it… And first I was if my I can’t understand how this works! But after a while I started to some how like the workflow. I don’t say I think it is easiest workflow, but I somehow like it (and the sound is just so sweet).

Dune v1 was meant to be a Virus killer in plugin form when it came out. They've bolted on many other features over the years, as per request of the user base, but its still an EDM synth at heart as evident in that skeuomorphic GUI design and the majority of factory presets.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

How often do they do sales for Dune ? I missed this last one, and want the Synth now.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

I think the previous one from last year was during Black Friday.

LeVzi wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:49 pm How often do they do sales for Dune ? I missed this last one, and want the Synth now.
2 or 3 times a year, with varying discounts

Thanks guys, unless I can pick it up cheaper 2nd hand, I'll have to wait.

I guess black friday/Xmas will be the next sale..... its possible a Halloween one may pop up tho

Seems I may have a wait or maybe 2nd hand will turn up. I demod both spire and dune today, and Dune caught my imagination a lot more, and tbh you know how you get an idea for part of a track, well that happened and now I'm gonna have to try to recreate it in something else but it was the speed the idea hit me, I had Dune V1 and its come a long way. I'm so glad I switched genres too, given me a new lease of creative life.

I got it, tbh needed it to continue the project i'm working on. And I am so glad I did, been going through the presets, and messing about making sounds, its even more of a powerhouse than it was, and I am so glad I didn't wait. Going to get stuck in today.

Return to “Instruments”