Das Mädchen & Der Minnesänger — Medieval/Folk Fantasy Music

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
KVRist
61 posts since 22 May, 2020

Post Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:33 pm

I was inspired by both Blackmore's Night and the "Kingdom Dance" piece from Tangled and I think I've come up with something that is sort of between the two styles.

This one has some live performances from myself too. Hope you like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt6r73BuhWU

KVRian
1201 posts since 28 Oct, 2005 from Finland

Post Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:51 am

Beautiful song and ambiance. Well done orchestration and arrangement. Sounds good.

KVRAF
2136 posts since 22 Jan, 2011 from near Los Angeles

Post Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:21 pm

Chr!s,
Thank you for checking out my music! Are you from Germany, or where are you from? Now your song: drums/percussion (perhaps African?) are nice, if a bit loud. Perhaps this could be considered world music? In some ways it reminds me of Irish folk music from long ago. Strings and human chorus sound American/European to me. Then there is electric bass. I like it. Might work best in a movie.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

KVRist
361 posts since 21 May, 2020 from germany

Post Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:01 am

nice and chill (further on german cause it's easier...sry dudes)

das bild erinnert beim ersten betrachten irgendwie mehr an roy black / alpenmusik, als das was dann tatsächlich passiert. klingt alles schön weich und rund/homogen.

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:59 am

markkuja wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:51 am
Beautiful song and ambiance. Well done orchestration and arrangement. Sounds good.
Thanks, man.
aaron aardvark wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:21 pm
Chr!s,
Thank you for checking out my music! Are you from Germany, or where are you from? Now your song: drums/percussion (perhaps African?) are nice, if a bit loud. Perhaps this could be considered world music? In some ways it reminds me of Irish folk music from long ago. Strings and human chorus sound American/European to me. Then there is electric bass. I like it. Might work best in a movie.
Leider wurde ich in Kanada geboren. :neutral:

The rest of my family is from Germany, though.

The drums are a mix of frame drums, hand drums and a big bass drum sample. Live shakers, etc.
tomtom1 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:01 am
nice and chill (further on german cause it's easier...sry dudes)

das bild erinnert beim ersten betrachten irgendwie mehr an roy black / alpenmusik, als das was dann tatsächlich passiert. klingt alles schön weich und rund/homogen.
Vielen Dank!

Das bild war das beste was ich erstellen konnte. Ich bin kein Künstler... :?

One day I should try making a schlager music track. It would be hilarious. I could be like Hansi Hinterseer or something.

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:40 am

and yeah, the drums may be a smidge loud

KVRist

Post Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:23 am

Chr!s wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:59 am
Das bild war das beste was ich erstellen konnte. Ich bin kein Künstler... :?

One day I should try making a schlager music track. It would be hilarious. I could be like Hansi Hinterseer or something.
the picture is good enough - i was jsut expecting something else ;) - the need of a video was the reason i moved to soundcloud... was just too lazy to render a video, even if there is only one picture in it.

if you make a schlager song... then please with some serious yodelers in it. dje-ho-ri-ridl :party:

KVRian
1308 posts since 23 Nov, 2018 from Birmingham, UK

Post Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:13 am

Lovely gently driving opening rhythmic groove.

Enjoyed the main melodies but just wanted to tweak a note here and there...then again, I do in just about everything I listen to! :)

Lovely changes in texture - very effective.
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:47 am

ChameleonMusic wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:13 am

Enjoyed the main melodies but just wanted to tweak a note here and there...then again, I do in just about everything I listen to! :)

Hey, thanks a lot, Chameleon.

Which notes did you want to tweak?

KVRian
1308 posts since 23 Nov, 2018 from Birmingham, UK

Post Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:05 am

Chr!s wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:47 am
ChameleonMusic wrote:

Just referring back to my own composing routines...I tend to write draft melodies very quickly and they're often a little bit too complex and intricate...so I spend a lot of time simplifying them and reducing the amount of notes. I find this has a number of positive effects, but two in particular:

1) leaves more 'space' in the melodic flow...more time for the music to 'breathe'.

2) Gives you more rhythmic options in terms of drive, accents, syncopation etc.

In short, I was tempted to take out notes here and there as I played along with your music, but....

It's just opinion...others will say differently and their view is just as valid! :)
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

KVRian
762 posts since 3 Jul, 2017

Post Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:32 am

HaHa - lets gather to do some stone age blues. Waiting for your upcoming Schlager..

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:59 pm

ChameleonMusic wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:05 am
Chr!s wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:47 am
ChameleonMusic wrote:

Just referring back to my own composing routines...I tend to write draft melodies very quickly and they're often a little bit too complex and intricate...so I spend a lot of time simplifying them and reducing the amount of notes. I find this has a number of positive effects, but two in particular:

1) leaves more 'space' in the melodic flow...more time for the music to 'breathe'.

2) Gives you more rhythmic options in terms of drive, accents, syncopation etc.

In short, I was tempted to take out notes here and there as I played along with your music, but....

It's just opinion...others will say differently and their view is just as valid! :)
Yeah, that all makes sense. I get what you mean.

KVRian
762 posts since 3 Jul, 2017

Post Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:56 pm

Sorry, diese deutsche Kacke dampft zum Himmel. Mittelalter und Friedrich der Große - für Hugo.

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:29 pm

htcnext2 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:56 pm
Sorry, diese deutsche Kacke dampft zum Himmel.
tolle Kritik :roll:
tomtom1 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:23 am
if you make a schlager song... then please with some serious yodelers in it. dje-ho-ri-ridl
I'll try, but that could be difficult to find.

KVRist

Post Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:32 am

tomtom1 wrote:
if you make a schlager song... then please with some serious yodelers in it. dje-ho-ri-ridl
chr!s wrote:
I'll try, but that could be difficult to find.
:D wasn't meant serious... but tbh... it would be funny and hilarious!

Return to “Music Cafe”