What are your go-to VSTS for dramatic tension/Investigative cues?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm digging back into my Omnisphere, Heavyocity Aeon and Evolve for some crime style cues. What else is good for this kind of music?

Spitfire's Contemporary Drama Toolkit is pretty good.

Zebra

Futchibon wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:53 am Spitfire's Contemporary Drama Toolkit is pretty good.
I'll check it out. Thanks for the suggestion Fitchibon.

First of all how did you find a gig for writing crime style cues for TV?

Omnisphere would be a great place to start. I've been watching a lot of X-files lately and their use of string scoring is fantastic.

Good luck,
Dirk

Dirk Diggler wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:46 pm First of all how did you find a gig for writing crime style cues for TV?

Omnisphere would be a great place to start. I've been watching a lot of X-files lately and their use of string scoring is fantastic.

Good luck,
Dirk
Thanks. I didn't find a gig per se but most production libraries have tension cues in them.

Straylight if I'm feeling lazy (so about 90% of the time). Also Pigments.

Azbest wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:14 pm Straylight if I'm feeling lazy (so about 90% of the time). Also Pigments.
lol!

The primary ingredient is skill, not a vst.

psynical wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:41 am The primary ingredient is skill, not a vst.
Yes, very good. So then what vsts do you "skillfully" record dramatic tension/Investigative cues with? :roll:
Last edited by dblock on Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I really think anyone doing music for video should check out Newfangled Audio’s Generate (or free Pendulate) for brilliant, low end bass sounds and interesting textures that modulate and breathe. It sounds very unique and it instantly adds a sense of drama to any kind of music, especially cinematic styles.

Kontakt

morphex wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:33 am I really think anyone doing music for video should check out Newfangled Audio’s Generate (or free Pendulate) for brilliant, low end bass sounds and interesting textures that modulate and breathe. It sounds very unique and it instantly adds a sense of drama to any kind of music, especially cinematic styles.
Thanks for the suggestion morphex. I'll check it out. :tu:

Omnisphere, Spitfire Symphonic Evolutions, Heavyocity Evolve and co., N.I. Rise & Hits ...

Sonokinetic's Ostinato Noir has recently gotten my attention
(I have Contemporary Drama Toolkit, Omnisphere, Heavyocity Novo, and ZebraHZ, as well, but if you are seeking tension & "crime," you owe it to yourself to check out Ostinato Noir. Yes, it is a phrase library, but these are "killer" -- excuse the pun)
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... kontakt%29+

Return to “Instruments”