all wrecked up [electronic] UPDATE: stereo-mid-fix-edit

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

UPDATE:
-some mentioned some stereo issues - rightly
- so i tried something and reprogrammed the premade loop (not totally wasn't possible) and pushed it in the background (only done quick everything)
- i took an LFO with 1HZ to pan the high-hats from left to right (a bit random, but gives a nice "cloud")
- some other elements are panned now center too

if you have time listen again: is it better? or or is too much lost?
https://soundcloud.com/treib-haus-81860 ... d-fix-edit

ORIGINAL:
hi again,
i made a little track, in my own "quirky-weirdo-style".
like always: tell me what could be done better, in your honest opinion! :tu:

hope you like it :?: - if yes - i will cry :cry: (with joy); if you don't like it - i'll cry, too... ??? :cry:

shit... there is a bug in the system... :help: :evil:

enjoy your day, week, and stay healthy!

https://soundcloud.com/treib-haus-81860 ... wrecked-up
Last edited by tomtom1 on Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

i don't like it :shrug:
i love it!!! :wheee:

rather than say anything about your track...

it's finished.
but...
i still want more of something "similar".

so, i scan the rack quickly (cd not modular) and what is pretty much the only thing that will work?

aphex twin - windowlicker.

Very nice! 2:55 :hyper:

The only production note I have is that it seemed heavily weighted to the left.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

eassae wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:37 pm Very nice! 2:55 :hyper:

hi eassae, thanks for listening.

yes it is a bit on the left-side especially the "acid"- sound in the end isn't optimal placed. but i wanted it there (no during the making it HAD to be there...) because of an imaginery transitions with the sound before. somehow i don't know exactly what was going through my head. just thought it must be like that.

do you think a casual listener would "accept it"? ...
myself in 2022

vurt wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:34 pm i don't like it :shrug:
i love it!!!
hi john. first thanks a lot for listening. second: nice that you love it. even if I can't get rid of the feeling that you're kidding me a little :). because of the following :
vurt wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:36 pm aphex twin - windowlicker.
that is really too much of the honor. even if you can always compare me with him. caresses my soul. :D If you had written "windowlicker - acid edit", I would even have felt caught out. it actually reminded me a bit of that, because of the strange percussion loop. although I didn't even think of him while improvising. i wish he would have done some more tracks in the style of the original windowlicker, it is somehow singular between his pieces. have a nice day and week. :phones:
myself in 2022

Nice one, good variation

tomtom1 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:08 am
eassae wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:37 pm Very nice! 2:55 :hyper:

hi eassae, thanks for listening.

yes it is a bit on the left-side especially the "acid"- sound in the end isn't optimal placed. but i wanted it there (no during the making it HAD to be there...) because of an imaginery transitions with the sound before. somehow i don't know exactly what was going through my head. just thought it must be like that.

do you think a casual listener would "accept it"? ...
The casual listener may find something a bit off. I found I was really pulled left in both the acid sound that you mentioned and the higher frequencies of the drums. Theres one sound in the drums that really weights left the entire track, if you bounced it from left to right it may balance the feeling while still keeping the drums nice and wide.

Still a really cool track.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

tomtom1 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:21 am
vurt wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:34 pm i don't like it :shrug:
i love it!!!
hi john. first thanks a lot for listening. second: nice that you love it. even if I can't get rid of the feeling that you're kidding me a little :). because of the following :
nope no kidding :tu:

like you, i think its a one off from aphex twin, nothing else ever has come close to similar.
and as far as im aware, no one else ever released anything similar sounding? not all the granular/morphing, not quite the same anyway :hihi:

im not suggesting this was the same as windowlicker, just following this, thats where my mind pulled me as the only thing i had, that would keep the vibe going. does that make sense?

its that quirky weirdo thing you have going on!
have you ever seen an interview with aphex? :lol:

Love this! Loads of variation and interesting elements. Nice, clear production. A bit Squarepusher(ish) .
You have a new follower. Great work :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

jethrobull wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:10 pm Love this! Loads of variation and interesting elements. Nice, clear production. A bit Squarepusher(ish) .

:)
hes got some great stuff :tu:

tomtom1,
Thank you for reviewing my music! Now your song: bizarre/interesting intro. Nice synth bass sound! Interesting/bizarre percussion and synth effects. It was entertaining because I had no idea where it was going next! Glad it had some melodic elements. Pretty cool, I liked it! :). So what sort of stuff did you use in your creation?
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:07 am Pretty cool, I liked it! :). So what sort of stuff did you use in your creation?
hi aaron thanks for listening. glad you liked it.
DAW is Reason. Synhts are the stock synths of Reason.
- Monotone for the bass (like in 90% of my tracks
- Subtractor (pad, melody)
- Malström (pads, and the weird stuff)

Malström is sometimes awesome. they say it is a "graintable" snyth and that they invented it - i don't know if it is only marketing-bla-bla... but some sounds are really great. another plus point: it is from 2002 so it is super low on my CPU.
myself in 2022

jethrobull wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:10 pm Love this! Loads of variation and interesting elements. Nice, clear production. A bit Squarepusher(ish) .
hey thanks a lot - for stopping by and having a listen. (but your stuff is great, too and so well produced...). i'm still struggling with the "production-side" of my music - so i am always happy if it works well in the end.
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:58 am hes got some great stuff
if i will get famous one day, or in the next life, or whenever a miracle happens... you will be my MANAGER!! i will hire you for sure :tu:
vurt wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:57 pm does that make sense?

i understand what you mean.
vurt wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:57 pm have you ever seen an interview with aphex?
there are some interviews with him on youtube - sometimes a bit strange. but i read a long interview a couple of weeks ago. after that, however, tbh my opinion about him was a bit divided. seems a bit stubborn and exhausting at times. at least in the past. a real artist :D
myself in 2022

Return to “Music Cafe”