UVI Key Suite Bundle Edition - your thoughts please

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

rasmusklump wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:01 am I don't like pianoteq that much tbh. I used to demo each new version, but it still sounds somehow a little bit "synthie" to me. And the fact that it is c/r rules out every possibility that I buy it.
But with the V.I. lab pianos, especially Ravenscroft, my search for pianos is over anyway....

But you are right, the playability of pianoteq is great.
Agree
I have Key Suite and is a truly useful and playable collection (Best sampling here as well as UVI is used to, the MKII 73 in Electric suite and the Twenty (Roland MKS 20) in Digital Suite, just deserve the price.
But Ravenscroft 275 by VI labs is top of the top. Of all I tried is the best I've found. I bought after NI ultimate collection (The Grandeur),I played Ivory Synthogy,Pianoteq (I don't like,agree with you is...sham and lack of warmt that Ravenscroft has. BTW Fluffy Audio has a very good pianos as My piano and Scoring piano,I've bought with a deal and was a cheap bargain, but with Ravenscroft my search for pianos is over anyway for me too

I already had the original three UVI soundsets. I happen to love all the sounds. =-)
One that I had wanted originally was the sampled MKS-20 and a few others they added. It's quite an impressive amount of sounds for sure.

Yes, the digital suite is exceptional.
I also absolute love the Rhodes MK V, the preset with the chorus...that was my main Rhodes in the old Tine Anthology already.

Is the download just one huge monolithic file?

No, it is separated into 4 download files:
Digital, Acoustic, Electric and Austrian Grand.

Examigan wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:48 pm No, it is separated into 4 download files:
Digital, Acoustic, Electric and Austrian Grand.
Thank you!

I was really worried about a seven-day download that crashes an hour before it's done. (I don't have a premium connection at the moment... only a premium fee). Needless to say, I am exploring better options.

FYI, UVI offers a torrent-based download option for all their libraries (the torrent files are provided right there in your account next to the regular downloads). So, even though the Key Suite sub-collections are still pretty large (the biggest one is Digital, ironically enough, at about 17-18 GB), there's no need to worry about corrupted or interrupted downloads as your torrent client will take care of all verification and resuming issues.

As for the product itself, the whole Key Suite is great. I had Acoustic and Digital and was offered an upgrade to the Bundle for $79. Great deal for Electric + Austrian Grand, so that was a no-brainer. Previously I had paid $99 for Acoustic and $49 for Digital, both on sale, so my total outlay for the Bundle has worked out to $227 (but feels like less as it's been spread out over a year or so). So, I doubt you'll be able to do too much better than the current intro price for the foreseeable future.

I paid $200 and don't regret it.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

I have taken the plunge on last offer day :D

As I had Model D previously (I think it was free some time ago?), I had an extra 20 EUR discount. Adding that to a VAT-less buying (as I am registered as a professional on music gear), the amount I have paid has been less than 186 EUR, which is, IMHO, a very good deal :party: :tu:

Now downloading the large files :lol: !!!

Stay safe!

Jose

I now found out, what bugged my when I played the grand pianos in the suite:
the sympathetic resonance, the pedal noise and the key noise are far too loud in all the presets. When I turn those down quite a bit the playability improves very much...

Thank you guys for your great input!

I bought the Key Suite Bundle and it was the right decision.
Very high quality sampled instruments and combined with the excellent effects of Falcon, this is a great edition to my other key libraries.

I tried to design a cinematic type of sound with one of the Austrian grand pianos combined with a digital electric one and applied a bit of age and dirt to make it sound worn and smooth.

Aged Elegance

You can download and use the multi if you like it. I´ve added the midi file of the clip into the .zip folder.
Falcon Multi & Midi

Excluding an iOS piano app, Austrian Grand is my first UVI piano. Honestly I like the sound ,tone and character in general, but the out of the box preset choices were a bit confusing. There's just something strange and metallic sounding about them...as if someone on purpose tried to make the library sound bad!

In any case, I made some changes to some of the FX and parameters and recorded a short first impression type of demo. Feel free to check it out if you like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-OldXjWhZE

All I wanted was the Yamaha CP30 - the only place I could find it. By getting the sales, sale upgrades etc. I finally got all of them. Lots of good stuff here, including the Kurzweil PC88, which ironically I play from a real PC88 (the sound board died years ago, but the MIDI is fine as a master keyboard). Got the Austrian Grand for free, so really an amazing package.

In The Mix wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:16 pm Excluding an iOS piano app, Austrian Grand is my first UVI piano. Honestly I like the sound ,tone and character in general, but the out of the box preset choices were a bit confusing. There's just something strange and metallic sounding about them...as if someone on purpose tried to make the library sound bad!

In any case, I made some changes to some of the FX and parameters and recorded a short first impression type of demo. Feel free to check it out if you like.
Could you tell us what settings you used please?

Mr Arkadin wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:25 pm

Could you tell us what settings you used please?
I would've loved to...except I have this terrible habit of not saving my edits as user presets.

:(

Return to “Instruments”