Softube or Reaktor block's

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I choose softube because of its accurate emulations

All things Reaktor, including Blocks.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

CrystalWizard wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:46 am All things Reaktor, including Blocks.
Reaktor and/or VCV Rack. Voltage Modular comes as a close second.
Fernando (FMR)

Indeed VCV Rack also.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

a very old thread revived.... and nothing from the TS, or what is called...

buy them all, buy all extensions.. or almost every extension...

hè hè....

Reaktor is great, the blocks, on par with softube modular, although softube modular can do with little so much, but Reaktor can achieve the same richness.

yes the sound of Voltage Modular, differs, is it less, i tend to so yes, but in the end i can get results from Voltage Modular, that are also quite rich, but they differ from Reaktor or Softube Modular. but that is only fine with me...

so you can achieve in Voltage Modular quite some impressive sounds.

i still like them all Softube Modular (the first modular i bought in a great sale..), then came Voltage Modular, i had already Reaktor, bought the Toybox Packs, Euro Reakt of course, don't forget Everything turns... and the free full Buchla 200t emulation (wow!).

VCV, it is me, i bought some bundles, or modules. i do use it, but still. i don't what it is.

but even the the topic starter isn't there anymore, and people state there preferences, o well i thought, why not.

i use soft modulars quite a lot.. also Poly Grid by the way, also great, but, maybe because i use every soft modular for different purposes; for drones; Softube Modular... it is the best in it, for me... i can do it also in Voltage Modular. but still.

Reaktor, for quite experimental patches, also in Voltage Modular by the way, but with different modules, so different results.

and VCV, especially the Frequency Domain Modules, and Hora Detour (full version), i like..

in all soft modulars you can achieve, dependent on your genre/style/needs, and worfklow great results.

that is why i like them all still, when i work in Softube Modular (the workflow can be better...), the results, the richness of sound, the sound!
and also with Reaktor, and in some case they have same richness.

Voltage Modular has it's own character, but still you can achieve a great bandwidth of richness, and crazy patches, that work.

yes, used/use VCV rack, made recordings, ended up as samples for tracks. or sources for further mangling. it is great, but it is me, again i don't know what is bothering me, it is all there...

o well....

Reaktor

I prefer Softube Modular, but Reaktor Blocks is also a good. Ultimately, I decided to own both.

I would need to try again but from what i remember modular would need more oversampling or trickery to compete with reaktor block audiorate sound behavior like most plugins out there .. but modular has some cool module and if the sound when pushings things is accetable it might be a good choice .
For me reaktor is the closest thing to analog hardware i know in term of behavior.. but it takes the most cpu specially when upsampled by 4 😀
Last edited by kobal on Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.

WasteLand wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:01 pm a very old thread revived.... and nothing from the TS, or what is called...
The usual. :D

chk071 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:46 pm
WasteLand wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:01 pm a very old thread revived.... and nothing from the TS, or what is called...
The usual. :D
indeed :party: :hyper:

Blox
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Sofube Modular has modules that correspond to the real hardware. This has advantages and disadvantages. On the one hand, you really get the desire to buy the hardware, on the other hand, you realize that the modules were just designed as hardware. In the long run, Softube Modular is quite expensive, but the sound is great.

Addition: I find the presets of Softube Modular quite weak. One has the feeling that the developers have not really made an effort. In contrast, MULTIPHONICS CV-1 from AAS offers presets that are really good and complex.

Also, Softube Modular doesn't offer a stand alone mode or full screen, which for me detracts from the immersion. However, it sounds great.

Louis2001 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:46 pm Also, Softube Modular doesn't offer a stand alone mode or full screen, which for me detracts from the immersion. However, it sounds great.
you can vsthost for it, as i did for a while, not necessary anymore, within a DAW, making patches works as fast, and overhead, no prob...

the fun of modular, but that is me, is creating own patches, and within the realm of Soft Modular, you create great patches, which sounds rich, anyway you want, even with the 'low count' of modules, well even hardware modulars, or better people who use them..., don't also have always a big setup, small setups can deliver a lot...

and the performance of Softube Modular, always an issue, isn't bad, on the contrary, yes it taxes cpu/soundinterface 'drivers', but still on an older system you can build patches that are quite welll extreme...

Reaktor is in a way as demanding as Softube Modular, the Blocks way, and sounds also great, both are simply great....

Return to “Modular Synthesis”