Original Jupiter 8 presets in Artruria Jup8 v3 and v4??

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRist
486 posts since 18 Nov, 2010

Post Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:52 pm

I might be missing something obvious...

Playing around with arturia Jup8v version 3 and 4 should have complete, and full Jupiter 8 factory default presets in it right? I find some in v3, but the program buttons dont seem to match the actual jup numbers and they are not named at all.

Then, the v4 version has maybe most of them, but they are randomly scattered saying, "Oh here's a factory preset xx" and not in any order.

I've tried various sorts and selections of the presets but nothing lines them all up to match the original. Am I going mad??

KVRAF
5956 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Post Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:48 am

I don't know if there is another way to put them in order, but you can sort by Designer in the browser and it makes it easier to find them:

Jup4.jpg

or search this way:

search.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KVRist

Topic Starter

486 posts since 18 Nov, 2010

Post Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:52 am

Thanks! Yeah, did the designer sort, which came close, but seems like the ORDER, the NUMBER, and NAME are just wonky and hard to discern.
Didn't notice the VINTAGE FACTORY button, so will try that.

Did some R&D and found others have this question at arturia forums.
Seems an odd oversite... just put the presets in, in order as expected.
I'm messing with both V3 and V4, both have odd naming inconsistencies when it comes to Jupiter factory presets.

Example: V3 "Jupe 8 Fact 11" preset is some lame strait osc tone, where it should be 11 NEG SYNC, can't even find NEG SYNC by name
V4 the NEG SYNC is there, but the order is not numbered at all.

oof. weird setup

Return to “Instruments”