How well do you think the Maschine+ did for NI?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
User avatar
KVRAF
19888 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:01 am

SLiC wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:33 am
pdxindy wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:53 am

With my laptop, headphones, Babyface Pro and Linnstrument, I have a portable studio for traveling. It all fits comfortably in a backpack and all runs off of the laptop power. It is also far more capable than the MPC in almost every regard. Well, the MPC at least served to highlight how excellent my portable laptop setup is! :love:

And yeah, we have a wide variety of different tools available today to suit all our different interests and workflows. :tu:
Great setup :tu:

I have no doubt a good laptop can do almost everything all my hardware instruments can do (they are mainly computers in disguise anyway!) but I sit in front of a computer eight hours a day for work, I don't want to look at one when I am playing :wink:
Oh, I love hardware instruments! The BC Xerxes sounds amazing and it feels like an instrument. Same with the Matriarch, etc. I just bought my first eurorack case and some modules to put in it. Sounds amazing!

I'm actually still looking for a hardware sequencer that really fits my interests/aesthetics/workflow. I like to play, not program.

User avatar
KVRAF
9979 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:23 am

Damn, all this talk - and reduced price - renewed my itch for M+ :D

Gotta focus back on work! ;) :P
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

KVRAF

Topic Starter

7929 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:33 am

pdxindy wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:01 am
SLiC wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:33 am
pdxindy wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:53 am

With my laptop, headphones, Babyface Pro and Linnstrument, I have a portable studio for traveling. It all fits comfortably in a backpack and all runs off of the laptop power. It is also far more capable than the MPC in almost every regard. Well, the MPC at least served to highlight how excellent my portable laptop setup is! :love:

And yeah, we have a wide variety of different tools available today to suit all our different interests and workflows. :tu:
Great setup :tu:

I have no doubt a good laptop can do almost everything all my hardware instruments can do (they are mainly computers in disguise anyway!) but I sit in front of a computer eight hours a day for work, I don't want to look at one when I am playing :wink:
Oh, I love hardware instruments! The BC Xerxes sounds amazing and it feels like an instrument. Same with the Matriarch, etc. I just bought my first eurorack case and some modules to put in it. Sounds amazing!

I'm actually still looking for a hardware sequencer that really fits my interests/aesthetics/workflow. I like to play, not program.
Ahhh, Eurocrack- I remember my first case/modules, thinking I will just dip my toe....I have 4 full cases now (500hp+) :roll:

I have tried many sequencers with Euro- I have a FH-2 which pretty much lets me sequence with any thing that does Midi and also lets me use my Sensel Morph for MPE input. I also use my A4 (4 CV outs) and AKAI MPC Live II which has 8 CVs (and is the reason I went that way not Maschine+ ;-))

I highly recommend this for the money- fun and immediate sequencing and a ton of other uses- https://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_960 ... roller.htm - I have it and use it in everything.

I am personally waiting for this- I used to have a deluge but sold it, this seems to be the best of all worlds for me personally- https://oxiinstruments.com/ may be one of the best hardware sequencers I have ever seen, lunch price (if you sign up and pay 1E) is expected to be around 450E.
PC, Studio One, BWS, Live (+PUSH2), FL Studio, Renoise, Reason, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths (Summit, Hydrasynth, DM12, P8), A4 + RYTM, MPC Live, Poly Tracker, Eurorack, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and Pedals

User avatar
KVRAF
19888 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:49 am

SLiC wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:33 am
pdxindy wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:01 am
SLiC wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:33 am
pdxindy wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:53 am

With my laptop, headphones, Babyface Pro and Linnstrument, I have a portable studio for traveling. It all fits comfortably in a backpack and all runs off of the laptop power. It is also far more capable than the MPC in almost every regard. Well, the MPC at least served to highlight how excellent my portable laptop setup is! :love:

And yeah, we have a wide variety of different tools available today to suit all our different interests and workflows. :tu:
Great setup :tu:

I have no doubt a good laptop can do almost everything all my hardware instruments can do (they are mainly computers in disguise anyway!) but I sit in front of a computer eight hours a day for work, I don't want to look at one when I am playing :wink:
Oh, I love hardware instruments! The BC Xerxes sounds amazing and it feels like an instrument. Same with the Matriarch, etc. I just bought my first eurorack case and some modules to put in it. Sounds amazing!

I'm actually still looking for a hardware sequencer that really fits my interests/aesthetics/workflow. I like to play, not program.
Ahhh, Eurocrack- I remember my first case/modules, thinking I will just dip my toe....I have 4 full cases now (500hp+) :roll:

I have tried many sequencers with Euro- I have a FH-2 which pretty much lets me sequence with any thing that does Midi and also lets me use my Sensel Morph for MPE input. I also use my A4 (4 CV outs) and AKAI MPC Live II which has 8 CVs (and is the reason I went that way not Maschine+ ;-))

I highly recommend this for the money- fun and immediate sequencing and a ton of other uses- https://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_960 ... roller.htm - I have it and use it in everything.

I am personally waiting for this- I used to have a deluge but sold it, this seems to be the best of all worlds for me personally- https://oxiinstruments.com/ may be one of the best hardware sequencers I have ever seen, lunch price (if you sign up and pay 1E) is expected to be around 450E.
I appreciate the suggestions... the Behringer sequencer is just not my thing.

I bought the Frap Tools USTA... 4 tracks, 2 cv and 2 gate outputs per track. Gives me something to play with.

Mainly, I would like a hands on hardware sequencer where I can play and record short (or longer) sequences from my controller, including not on the grid. I suspect I will end up using Bitwig as my sequencer.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

7929 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:03 am

Frap Tools is a bit pricey (welcome to Eurorack!) but looks like a lot of fun!

Did you check out https://oxiinstruments.com/ that thing has amazing features, the harmony stuff they just added is pretty cool...chord mode with 150+ chord variations and a real time HARMONIC MODE other instruments change and play harmonically with your chord progressions! There is nothing else I am aware of like the OXI, they seem to have taken a of of the best bits from a lot of different sequencers! 8 CV + 8 gates (all mappable, can be notes, ADSR, LFO etc) CV in/out clocks lots to play with! Even rechargeable and BT if you have an ipad or whatever!
PC, Studio One, BWS, Live (+PUSH2), FL Studio, Renoise, Reason, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths (Summit, Hydrasynth, DM12, P8), A4 + RYTM, MPC Live, Poly Tracker, Eurorack, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and Pedals

User avatar
KVRAF
19888 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:59 am

SLiC wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:03 am
Frap Tools is a bit pricey (welcome to Eurorack!) but looks like a lot of fun!

Did you check out https://oxiinstruments.com/ that thing has amazing features, the harmony stuff they just added is pretty cool...chord mode with 150+ chord variations and a real time HARMONIC MODE other instruments change and play harmonically with your chord progressions! There is nothing else I am aware of like the OXI, they seem to have taken a of of the best bits from a lot of different sequencers! 8 CV + 8 gates (all mappable, can be notes, ADSR, LFO etc) CV in/out clocks lots to play with! Even rechargeable and BT if you have an ipad or whatever!
I just checked it out... for sure looks interesting. Didn't see a video of someone recording a sequence from a midi controller. Obviously it is not available yet and I did not see any sort of pre-order option. Worth keeping an eye on so I signed up for the mailing list.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

7929 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:41 am

AKAI MPC Upping the game again...Maschine+ needs a big update to keep up....

https://youtu.be/ZbRfZsAlRYY
PC, Studio One, BWS, Live (+PUSH2), FL Studio, Renoise, Reason, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths (Summit, Hydrasynth, DM12, P8), A4 + RYTM, MPC Live, Poly Tracker, Eurorack, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and Pedals

User avatar
KVRist
169 posts since 25 May, 2012 from Sunny Philly

Post Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:55 pm

Maschine being tied to a computer was never an issue for me, so the fact that the + is more crippled than the hybrid just doesnt make sense for me to purchase. I wouldve added it if it offered a better experience but I find it too clunky so I added a retro One to my Live and Force instead.

I still get the betas and if something came along that radically changed its workflow for the better Id reconsider it, otherwise Ive shelved NI as well as Komplete Ultimate, thats unused too. Akai (and others) killed NI for me unfortunately
Last edited by kcearl on Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KVRAF
2207 posts since 8 Dec, 2008 from Global Cowboy

Post Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:24 pm

BBFG# wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:54 am
I get now why Massive has become necessary even though I've really come to personally dislike it's sound.
I used to dislike the sound of Massive,but I have come to appreciate it a lot more over time...

It has attitude,sits well in the mix and blends well with the other instruments...

It also has lots of great sounds that you can call up and tweak easily in the track...

I have Komplete Ultimate,but all I ever use are Battery, FM8,Kontakt and Massive and the one that I would miss the most is Battery...

All of those VSTi's were created during a creative and inspiring time at Native Instruments....

The golden age...

Unfortunately,that gold has now turned into lead :wink:
No auto tune and iLok free...

Banned
102 posts since 23 Jul, 2021

Post Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:33 pm

Edit, I misread the title, sorry. Nothing to see here.

Rad Grandad
34028 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Post Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:55 pm

ok I'll ask hi there people or hit here people? There's always something to see :hihi:
A toxic person needs someone to attack when their ego is threatened.

Banned
102 posts since 23 Jul, 2021

Post Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:03 pm

Oh, it took me a while. It's the first. I thought before wadding into these very murky waters I'd try something nice. I've lurked for a while, we'll see. We'lllll see.

Rad Grandad
34028 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Post Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:23 pm

I know, just being cheeky :)
A toxic person needs someone to attack when their ego is threatened.

User avatar
KVRAF
6886 posts since 7 Sep, 2006 from Roseville, CA

Post Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:31 pm

Hink wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:55 pm
ok I'll ask hi there people or hit here people? There's always something to see :hihi:
I thought it was hither epeople :shrug:

Rad Grandad
34028 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Post Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:35 pm

cryophonik wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:31 pm
Hink wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:55 pm
ok I'll ask hi there people or hit here people? There's always something to see :hihi:
I thought it was hither epeople :shrug:
:tu: funny word things, numbers and things with faces...my gawd I see faces in so much :hihi:
A toxic person needs someone to attack when their ego is threatened.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”