How to make this ''gentle'' synths from Scooter Call Me Manana?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This synths sounds quite ''gentle'' to me, not harsh. Certainly a large delay effect deepens this delicacy. A few seconds later, another sound is superimposed in the background, which further emphasizes the delicate nature of the final effect obtained.
It would be nice to get to know the secrets of the creation of this type of sounds especially the second appearing in the background.

The sound appear in 2:46 and second sound in background start at 2:53
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM6kKaP6vXQ

Hey Hinson

The arp sound? That's just saws. Make the midi in any daw and then create a supersaw and play with the volume envelope settings till you get the right feel to it and then set the filter down a bit. It's not fully open but it doesn't sound like there's an envelope on the filter

The 2nd is a kick with reverb but high-pass the kick (before or after) because there's not a lot of low end in the sound
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

Thanks CHOOS.

Yes I meant an arp melody and indeed it is a common saw. I arranged this melody on a piano roll, started Sytrus and didn't even have to look for a preset because the one running by default sounds almost identical :D
ScooterCallMeMananaSawWave.zip
As for the second one, I didn't mean to kick but another melody in the background.
It is audible well from 3:00 minutes. As if the ordinary saw was muted and became the background and the second synth became the main instrument .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Sound Design”