Introducing Cherry Audio's Memorymode Synthesizer!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hahhaha! Just read this review from elsewhere:

Holy **** Balls.

I owned a MemoryMoog for about a decade, and playing Memorymode is probably the most eerie and satisfying experience I've ever had with a VST. This may be the most accurate replication of a hardware synth ever created. And it's not just "oh if I set the knobs up just like this it sounds kind of like my MM did." It's everything. Exploring all of the modulation routings I keep coming up with wild sounds that are exactly like the hardware--and I just simply forgot that sound. Thank you for adding Velocity to the filter, btw.

I knew this was a knockout the first time I went into full 16 voice Unison mode, but it's the tiny details that really have me almost spooked. Whatever witchcraft you guys are practicing, you are doing something right, and I suggest more blood sacrifices or goat ceremonies or whatever it takes, because you guys deserve a ******* Nobel Peace Prize for this. Thank you.

I used to haul my MemoryMoog to the stage. Can't wait to play this live

Yeah...well...if you are good at pretending, your own brain will be the first to believe you.
Last edited by TribeOfHǫfuð on Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

review from user who "joined the forum just to say...."

sounds legit :hihi:

AnX wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:35 pm review from user who "joined the forum just to say...."

Who?
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:04 pm
AnX wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:35 pm review from user who "joined the forum just to say...."

Who?
this post, i suppose: https://forums.cherryaudio.com/viewtopic.php?t=1771

however, there does seem to be a Carl Solovox in Oregon or thereabouts who owned a MemoryMoog (among other things) and he posted the same review on his facebook page, so i wouldn't rule out the comments just because it's a new user at cherry's forum.
Last edited by gaggle of hermits on Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wwjd wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:17 pm "This may be the most accurate replication of a hardware synth ever created... sounds that are exactly like the hardware--and I just simply forgot that sound.
I knew this was a knockout the first time I went into full 16 voice Unison mode.."
Ah, yes...that's how a proper comparison is done ! First forget how the hardware sounded, then claim the software is exactly like that. And the 16-voice unison was very good on the hardware, indeed. Amazing even ! That's a well known fact. :hihi:

Starsky Carr fiddling with FM in the video, now that was interesting too hear.

seeing as Cherry Audio is founded by studio keyboard enthusiasts, with a decade experience in coding musical VSTis, and they had a live MemoryMoog in studio for comparison and tweaking while creating this, I'm willing to accept that it sounds very much like a real one. :D

it can never be 100% recreation without physical board and knobs, but 90 to 100% of the sound is more than plenty, and VERY useful musically.

Of course, I'm also aware some perfectionists buy Ferrari's to keep in their garages forever, never driving them once... seems like a strange expectation to me, but to each their own. :)

It's not about perfectionism. Really, it's not. It's about functionality.

gaggle of hermits wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:50 pm
Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:04 pm

Who?
this post, i suppose: https://forums.cherryaudio.com/viewtopic.php?t=1771

however, there does seem to be a Carl Solovox in Oregon
oh him, yeah. i remember his wedding, married valerie singletone, had three lovely kids, melody, harmony and dave.

Dave still owes me five dollars
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

If only the intermodulation distortion would beat at the correct frequency, then I could like this synth.

I just wish the wood coloring was more of a RED OAK... as it is, it's COMPLETELY USELESS right now :D

wwjd wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:49 pm I just wish the wood coloring was more of a RED OAK... as it is, it's COMPLETELY USELESS right now :D
Red Oak will be limited edition with premium pricing.

These guys are on fire lately aren't they? Prob a cool synth but i have enough synths .. or do i? :ud:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Instruments”