The Wise

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I'm nearly done with this ongoing album. Probably the second last track. Been getting more of an introspective and downtempo beat vibe as I go. This one is a little bit of trip hop and something else. Any feedback appreciated. Cheers

https://soundcloud.com/fixederror/the-w ... kbfovALqJa

Mix was great, whatever. More importantly, that was nice. Convincing sounds and details laid out all funky like. The "something else" was right on. I've been hearing variations of this type of thing for probably 25-30 years and it never gets old to me.
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

Agree with the first reply. Mix is fantastic. I would assume this is purely an instrumental album yeah? Asking because it's obviously way too busy and full for anybody to lay vocals down on. But I honestly have no feedback otherwise. Maybe only other thing that stood out to me is that the drums could maybe stick out just a little bit more. I want to feel that snare really hitting me in the face a little bit. Love the snare overall though but just feeling like the drums are maybe buried just a little bit.

Thanks for the comments. Nice to hear the mix is resonating. I was initially feeling I'd pushed the hi saturation on the drums a little too much, but it can be very subjective. I'm hoping to get final mixes done by someone else.

Yep it's an instrumental album. There are some vocals but I tend to use them as just another sound and texture to play with, as opposed to a lead element.

Another nice one…
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

Thanks again eassae!

Return to “Music Cafe”