Introducing Cherry Audio's Memorymode Synthesizer!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Porquê é que toda a gente tá falando português por aqui?! 8)

nuq?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

e-crooner wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:46 pm Porquê é que toda a gente tá falando português por aqui?! 8)
Sorry..... back to our regularly scheduled programming. :D

If we could only get Minimoog to play forward.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

No minimoog please. Something Korg or Roland please
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Chipi wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:45 pm but in reality those 6 layered Legend synths together sound so much better than the Memorymode...
like when I go to BEST BUY store, look at the wall of TVs, the brightest one with the most over saturated colors ALWAYS looks like the best one. like that? :D
and at the same time, that TV is also the least accurate display of colors.

I did mess with DIVA to do MM moog stuff... sounds great. TOTALLY lacks the Memory Moog style of interface. DIVA is GARB!! hahhahaa kiddin I love Diva, but the interface is not MM at all

wwjd wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:13 am
Chipi wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:45 pm but in reality those 6 layered Legend synths together sound so much better than the Memorymode...
like when I go to BEST BUY store, look at the wall of TVs, the brightest one with the most over saturated colors ALWAYS looks like the best one. like that? :D
and at the same time, that TV is also the least accurate display of colors.

I did mess with DIVA to do MM moog stuff... sounds great. TOTALLY lacks the Memory Moog style of interface. DIVA is GARB!! hahhahaa kiddin I love Diva, but the interface is not MM at all

You have a good point, but what I do not understand well in the new Memorymode is that the UNISON is next to the control of voices that you can select, max 16, but in reality it is not the voices added to the Unison, but the polyphony of the synthesizer, I mean, I thought that adding 8 or 16 of those voices makes the sound fatter but it doesn't work like that, it's not like the Dune 3 that you add oscillators to the Unison mode and the sound becomes big and fat. I think that is when you select the three types of wave in each oscillator but it is still confusing for me, maybe someone who knows how to explain it here in the forum, thanks guys for your good mood, greetings! :help:

For unison the 'keyb mode' has to be set to mono.

Chipi wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:45 pm Guys, if I layer 6 VST like the Legend [ Minimoog ] from Synapse and edit sounds etc, shouldn't it sound like a Memorymoog [?], but in reality those 6 layered Legend synths together sound so much better than the Memorymode... 8) by Cherry Audio, 6 Minimoog together from Synapse, I don't have to spend another $39 for this replica that is nowhere near what the Minimoog were like, people will buy anything new that comes on the market... :lol:
You have no idea what you're talking about. If you're going to insult people in the thread at least don't sound like a complete moron who has no idea what a Memorymoog is.

wwjd wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:13 am I did mess with DIVA to do MM moog stuff... sounds great. TOTALLY lacks the Memory Moog style of interface. DIVA is GARB!! hahhahaa kiddin I love Diva, but the interface is not MM at all
this is the thing that puts me off buying yet another vintage emulation. i just find it easier to do things in a synth that has either a mod matrix or a consistent set of modulation paths in something like Diva instead of having to (re)learn how the modulations are set up on a recreation.

if I'd owned a memorymoog, i'm sure i'd think differently on this one.

briefcasemanx wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:36 am
Chipi wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:45 pm Guys, if I layer 6 VST like the Legend [ Minimoog ] from Synapse and edit sounds etc, shouldn't it sound like a Memorymoog [?], but in reality those 6 layered Legend synths together sound so much better than the Memorymode... 8) by Cherry Audio, 6 Minimoog together from Synapse, I don't have to spend another $39 for this replica that is nowhere near what the Minimoog were like, people will buy anything new that comes on the market... :lol:
You have no idea what you're talking about. If you're going to insult people in the thread at least don't sound like a complete moron who has no idea what a Memorymoog is.

An expert has spoken about eating French fries ... :clap: instead of belittling the other, why don't you teach us that you know everything about the Minimoog? What do you have to teach ... :dog: :?:

ELEX wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:24 am For unison the 'keyb mode' has to be set to mono.
Thanks ELEX :)

Chipi wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:20 pm

An expert has spoken about eating French fries ... :clap: instead of belittling the other, why don't you teach us that you know everything about the Minimoog? What do you have to teach ... :dog: :?:
I already tried to teach you but it sounds like what I said was too complicated for you to understand.

I like how this synth sounds and found the price reasonable for its capabilities. Even just going from their comparison video the presets don't sound identical, though they're ballpark at least and some come closer. But I wasn't really concerned with fidelity to hardware I can't afford and have never experienced; I just liked the sound when I demo'd it, and I find its workflow refreshingly simple compared to the super synths like Phase Plant (mind you I love Phase Plant!) and I find it provides some cool, simpler stuff that works well blended with glitchy and granular stuff from LION or as a neat pulse width & filter modulation for Knifonium too. I appreciate that I have had good results working alongside other tools I like using it.

I want to note that in principle I definitely support emulations that are as accurate as possible and matching behaviors to as much of a range as possible, if it is feasible to do so. Companies that do that and go nuts with it have my respect for sure. But there's an aspect of budget and time investment on the development side to all this... And I try to be pragmatic, I have a certain relationship with my tools you know? And it doesn't have to be an achingly perfectionist one, necessarily. To each their own there, follow your muse friends. I do feel this one and their CA-2600 have sounded good enough at the job they do and clicked with me for how to work with them as far as UI and workflow goes for me to want them and pick them up at the affordable prices Cherry offers.

briefcasemanx wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:28 am
Chipi wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:20 pm

I already tried to teach you but it sounds like what I said was too complicated for you to understand.

Why would you need to layer 6 instances of legend when Legend is 8 Mini Moogs in one?
Also the Memorymoog/Mode has more sound shaping options than the Regular Minimoog and the Legend.

Return to “Instruments”