Waldorf PPG Wave 3 VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:10 pm I never understood the thing either TBH. It's a confusing synth.
It’s got a sh!t UI, but to be fair, so did the original. Maybe the original was a bit less crappy because it had a lot less going on. I never really could figure out why you’d replicate that interface. If you read the manual it’s all pretty clear and you can get used to it. It’s never really a fun synth, though. I’d love it if someone did an emulation and just through out the entire interface and made one that is intuitive and easy. I don’t care if it looks flat like Serum.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

For 2.2V (LE or Full) theres this UI.

It requires the UI size to be set to 'Large', how to do it is explained in the thread linked above too.

(Currently the last post.)

Its 1940x764 so should look fine even on higher resolution displays.

(Rightclick image and select 'Open Image In New Tab' (or whatever its called in your browser) to view fullsize.)
screenshot.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

In the Wadorf editon 2 of PPG wave there is a Randomize option

Hold down ALT and click on the AKKU button on the right. You can get some useful sounds...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ENV1 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:05 am For 2.2V (LE or Full) theres this UI.

It requires the UI size to be set to 'Large', how to do it is explained in the thread linked above too.

(Currently the last post.)

Its 1940x764 so should look fine even on higher resolution displays.

(Rightclick image and select 'Open Image In New Tab' (or whatever its called in your browser) to view fullsize.)

screenshot.png
Cool, thanks!

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

It's 2024 - is there still no way to resize the GUI of the Wave 3.V on mac?

cowudders wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:33 am It's 2024 - is there still no way to resize the GUI of the Wave 3.V on mac?
It's a 13 year old plugin, I doubt they will prioritize it.

On the other hand I have the Waldorf M wavetable synthesizer which is a direct descendant of, and 100% compatible with the Waldorf Microwave, which again was a direct descendant of, and 100% compatible with - you guessed it: the PPG Wave 2.2/2.3 series.

The M comes loaded with all of the original PPG Wave factory presets (programmed by hand).

Let me tell you, the same factory presets on the Wave 3.V doesn't sound ANYWHERE near Waldorf M's presets.

And that is in favor of the M, the presets on the 3.V sounds.... weird. Dull Uninspirational. Boring.
On the M the same are actually very usable and good, and are fun to play with.
Last edited by Z on Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brought to you by The Letter Z

ghostwhistler wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:05 pm I was able to get the LE version super cheap, which is fine. But there is a complete lack iof explanation. To say nothing of the appallingly convoluted purchase process.
I have no idea how you save patches or sounds.
I don't know what 'compr' does - 'compressor'? it doesn't sound like one at all.
What is 'akku'? Is that even a word?
The GUI is awful. There is no easy way to cycle through presets. You have to drag the mouse cursor to change through the wavetables, but it's so sensitive you can skip them very easily. There is no drop down menu or single click to change, for example. The screen (which is tiny) is light blue text on dark background. I can't see any interface change options. The whole thing was designed with no thought for the visually impaired or anyone that doesn't want to squint like a fiend.
Pressing the button marked 'Keyb.' (which I take to mean Keyboard) does nothing at all.
I'm unclear how the LFO affects anything. I see no way to link it to anything.
You can copy and paste, I don't know what or where I'd paste it.
I see no way to build complex patches, using multiple sounds, apparently you can but this is also not clear.

I get that this is an 'LE' version. But that really is no excuse. If you want to sell a 150 euro version which is fully featured, then good luck to you. If you want to sell a smaller version that's till useful, then again, great. This isn't that from what I can see. I am happy to be corrected. It sounds nice enoughm but in terms of utility, give me a break.
as far as i remember, 'Akku' is 'random preset' but not entirely sure
FL Studio 21 - Waveform 12 | Surge - Variety of Sound

Return to “Instruments”