Physical modelling - what's good?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRAF
2031 posts since 15 Apr, 2004 from Capital City, UK

Post Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:34 am

Don't forget CHAIR's new Snare model (+ more to come)
https://www.chair.audio/product/excte-snare-drum-pro/

I wonder if any one has the opportunity to compare/contrast against the IK MODO snare..

User avatar
KVRAF
5802 posts since 25 May, 2002 from Bobo-dioulasso\BF__Geneva/CH

Post Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:07 am

CinningBao wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:34 am
Don't forget CHAIR's new Snare model (+ more to come)
https://www.chair.audio/product/excte-snare-drum-pro/

I wonder if any one has the opportunity to compare/contrast against the IK MODO snare..
indeed :tu:

User avatar
KVRAF
6555 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Post Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:33 pm

When i used FL Studio and wanted physical modelling i always went for IL Sakura. Great synth that one. Lots of options really. I belive you could buy Sakura as a VST back in the day to be used in other DAWs but IL stopped selling VSTs a few months back so you should really look elswhere.
EnergyXT3 - Reaper | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

User avatar
KVRAF
5802 posts since 25 May, 2002 from Bobo-dioulasso\BF__Geneva/CH

Post Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:39 am

Halonmusic wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:33 pm
When i used FL Studio and wanted physical modelling i always went for IL Sakura. Great synth that one. Lots of options really. I belive you could buy Sakura as a VST back in the day to be used in other DAWs but IL stopped selling VSTs a few months back so you should really look elswhere.
The issue with Sakura as well as drumaxx on M1/big Sur is that their GUI doesn't appear on the screen of my mac, though they're still working through Rosetta 2 though

KVRAF
4514 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Post Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:27 am

U-he triple cheese got updated (beta) recently with new UI. Its free and uses comb filter oscillators (karplus strong thing)

Nothing specific but i guess it fits the bill
Image

User avatar
KVRAF
6555 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Post Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:20 pm

Krakatau wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:39 am
Halonmusic wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:33 pm
When i used FL Studio and wanted physical modelling i always went for IL Sakura. Great synth that one. Lots of options really. I belive you could buy Sakura as a VST back in the day to be used in other DAWs but IL stopped selling VSTs a few months back so you should really look elswhere.
The issue with Sakura as well as drumaxx on M1/big Sur is that their GUI doesn't appear on the screen of my mac, though they're still working through Rosetta 2 though
Oh they don't? I'm on windows though. Either way, since IL stopped selling VSTs i doubt they will ever do anything about that. Or maybe you use FL Studio on Mac? If so, that is a problem i would assume.

Anyway i remember it sounding great though. Also, was the only example i could come up with as i don't really use such synths tbh.
EnergyXT3 - Reaper | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

User avatar
KVRAF
5802 posts since 25 May, 2002 from Bobo-dioulasso\BF__Geneva/CH

Post Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:59 am

Halonmusic wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:20 pm
Either way, since IL stopped selling VSTs i doubt they will ever do anything about that
too bad...

:(

User avatar
KVRAF
6555 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Post Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:01 am

Krakatau wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:59 am
Halonmusic wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:20 pm
Either way, since IL stopped selling VSTs i doubt they will ever do anything about that
too bad...

:(
Yeah :neutral:
EnergyXT3 - Reaper | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Instruments”