Physical modelling - what's good?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Don't forget CHAIR's new Snare model (+ more to come)
https://www.chair.audio/product/excte-snare-drum-pro/

I wonder if any one has the opportunity to compare/contrast against the IK MODO snare..

CinningBao wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:34 pm Don't forget CHAIR's new Snare model (+ more to come)
https://www.chair.audio/product/excte-snare-drum-pro/

I wonder if any one has the opportunity to compare/contrast against the IK MODO snare..
indeed :tu:

When i used FL Studio and wanted physical modelling i always went for IL Sakura. Great synth that one. Lots of options really. I belive you could buy Sakura as a VST back in the day to be used in other DAWs but IL stopped selling VSTs a few months back so you should really look elswhere.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:33 am When i used FL Studio and wanted physical modelling i always went for IL Sakura. Great synth that one. Lots of options really. I belive you could buy Sakura as a VST back in the day to be used in other DAWs but IL stopped selling VSTs a few months back so you should really look elswhere.
The issue with Sakura as well as drumaxx on M1/big Sur is that their GUI doesn't appear on the screen of my mac, though they're still working through Rosetta 2 though

U-he triple cheese got updated (beta) recently with new UI. Its free and uses comb filter oscillators (karplus strong thing)

Nothing specific but i guess it fits the bill

Krakatau wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:39 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:33 am When i used FL Studio and wanted physical modelling i always went for IL Sakura. Great synth that one. Lots of options really. I belive you could buy Sakura as a VST back in the day to be used in other DAWs but IL stopped selling VSTs a few months back so you should really look elswhere.
The issue with Sakura as well as drumaxx on M1/big Sur is that their GUI doesn't appear on the screen of my mac, though they're still working through Rosetta 2 though
Oh they don't? I'm on windows though. Either way, since IL stopped selling VSTs i doubt they will ever do anything about that. Or maybe you use FL Studio on Mac? If so, that is a problem i would assume.

Anyway i remember it sounding great though. Also, was the only example i could come up with as i don't really use such synths tbh.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:20 pm Either way, since IL stopped selling VSTs i doubt they will ever do anything about that
too bad...

:(

Krakatau wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:59 am
Halonmusic wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:20 pm Either way, since IL stopped selling VSTs i doubt they will ever do anything about that
too bad...

:(
Yeah :neutral:

Return to “Instruments”