synth noob- just bought repro for the "in the air tonight" sound but there's no preset

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

for it...I kinda figured there would be...can anyone help? TIA!

This might help you work it out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tirpIfEzqw

There's actually a "HS Air Tonight" preset in the "04 Keys - Pianos & Organs" category.
Assuming that's the specific sound you were referring to in the first place :party:

thank you all!

Give Phil a call...

He'll know how to dial up that sound :)
No auto tune...

Just to let you know - you've made probably the best purchase ever
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Dencheg wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:23 am Just to let you know - you've made probably the best purchase ever
Why is this best purchase not shown in your signature? :help:

Don't tell me you bought Repro for that primitive sound as it says in the title 8) Almost any synth including freeware could have made that sound for you...

Anyway, it is always fascinating to realize what classic music musicians made with such simply synths and sounds back in the 80's.

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:37 pm
Dencheg wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:23 am Just to let you know - you've made probably the best purchase ever
Why is this best purchase not shown in your signature? :help:
I saw this question coming. I own more stuff than in my signature, including RePro, and it waits in the holster for it's time when I stop goofing around and start doing something meaningful.
Meanwhile I'm trying to learn to come up with guitar'n'synth fusion-like music with hints of 80s, and to reduce distractions I've narrowed down my toolset to some general purpose tools.
The MacLaren of VST is under cover for now, otherwise I'd always fire it up instead of my guitar and synths. Have a mercy for my guitar
Last edited by Dencheg on Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

e-crooner wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:20 pm Don't tell me you bought Repro for that primitive sound as it says in the title 8) Almost any synth including freeware could have made that sound for you...

Anyway, it is always fascinating to realize what classic music musicians made with such simply synths and sounds back in the 80's.
yeah, some people are weird. they believe you need a specific synth for a specific sound, when said sound can be made in any synth really :hihi:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

But its that part of gaining experience and learning. At least it will be a tool that can do much more and probably is worth its money (I don‘t own it, as Diva gives me enough of that ancient vibe…)
If anybody is after any ancient sound I would usually recommend Synthmaster with a Synth Giants library of Nori Ubukata

Yeah, RePro is an amazing synth... the sound is always there, so much subtle nuance. :love: :love: :love:

Bryan777 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:49 am for it...I kinda figured there would be...can anyone help? TIA!
There is one on Arturias Prophet 5 the near exact patch so you ought to be able to create it in Repro 5

Martkorg wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:37 am
Bryan777 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:49 am for it...I kinda figured there would be...can anyone help? TIA!
There is one on Arturias Prophet 5 the near exact patch so you ought to be able to create it in Repro 5
Since he already bought RePro, he may as well use the 'in the air tonight' preset included with it.

pdxindy wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:37 pm
Martkorg wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:37 am
Since he already bought RePro, he may as well use the 'in the air tonight' preset included with it.
I have Repro 5 HS "air tonight" is an organ preset

I thought he was looking for the swirly background sound as demonstrated in the video ?

Return to “Instruments”