Best fitting Synths for Trap Production?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

People are like that in real life too, they don't appreciate your time and effort, even when you are that 0.1% that actually dignified them with an interaction.

Dasheesh wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:56 pm Trap has zero to do with the bass. It's all the hats. It's tracks based around triplet hats.

tack tack tack tack tacket tacket tack tack...
I thought that was the signature showcase to trap as well. The focus is on triplet hats as it's 'sound'... Drake et al.

EDIT: True story: I once commented that the over-use of triplet patterns on the high-percs in modern rap music was getting tiresome. I was told that it's industry slang to dub that particular overuse as 'traplet'

LeVzi wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:31 pm Seriously wtf is trap?
It’s what Chicago drill started as before the UK bastardized it

Dasheesh wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:56 pm Trap has zero to do with the bass. It's all the hats. It's tracks based around triplet hats.

tack tack tack tack tacket tacket tack tack...
No. Yes, that’s a big component to mid 2000’s and later trap, but trap is built around the 808. Memphis and Atlanta based stuff, started in the 90’s. References in old goodie mob/dungeon family stuff going back to 93/94. The trap is really just a dope house. Trap is what came out of southern dope boy culture. It is Atlanta culture, and the 808 is literally the foundation of the music. In fact, the hihats came more out of New Orleans bounce and eventually blended with trap post Cash Money/No Limit days.

Return to “Instruments”