Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

I updated and now I get "Authorization Error - RCM Service not connected". Roland Cloud Manager says everything is fine, but the plugins in Logic Pro aren't authorized. Roland Cloud is still the worst DRM ever...

Same here. Even the instruments for which I have lifetime keys are marked as being in `Demo Mode`

Edit: A restart fixed it and everything appears to be authorised including Zenology FX

Tech support was helpful. I needed to update the Cloud Manager software, but Check for Updates menu command wasn’t doing it. Continues to be a lot of hassle for my 2 plugins!

Aloysius wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:31 am Pity Zenology FX can't be purchased without getting a CORE membership. Otherwise, I'd definitely get it.
Hi, Aloysius! Brian from Roland Cloud here. ZENOLOGY FX and the XV-5080 are both available in our Test Drive section, which is free to use for all Roland Account holders. The instruments in Test Drive rotate every month or so and are always free. ZENOLOGY FX will most likely be there for the rest of the year. Thanks!
Atlatnesiti wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:21 pm
FotoxBr wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:11 pm
Atlatnesiti wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:30 pm Roland has announced that all their AU plugins are now Apple M1 Silicon native.
I can't see any updates to M1 in Roland Cloud Manager, am I missing something?
I think it will be released in phases. Their cloud servers were never their strongest point :-)
Well, Roland website says that they are released already and yet I can’t see any updates.
Are there different procedures to download/update for M1 instruments than Roland cloud?
Hi, Atlatnesiti! The instruments have been made available for update in the library section of Roland Cloud Manager. In the top row, find Status, and click Updateable to view products available for update. In the case that you aren't seeing the instruments, we always recommend updating to the most recent version, which is RCM 2.5.14, for the best performance. We are always available to assist through the Contact Support feature in the lower left menu if you ever need assistance, and we're always happy help. Thanks!

Brian.McClelland wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:55 pm Brian from Roland Cloud here
Can you please ask Roland why they haven't included any reverbs in either the Zenology instruments or the Zenology FX?
It's a pretty daft oversight.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Thanks Brian.McClelland. I've no interest in subscriptions. No point in demoing.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Still waiting for Roland to release the JP-8000 as a plugin :)

Korg releasing the Prophecy this week was a great surprise and one of the synths I've always wanted as a plugin. The JP-8000 is another synth from that era that would be so cool to have as a plugin.

New version of RCM (2.5.15) fixes the tiny resolution on my Surface. My eyes thank you, Roland!

Hi Brian,
Just installed the latest version of RCM 2.5.15 and all the latest updates to Apple M1 silicon showed up 😀
Strange though that my previous installed version of RCM didn’t recognise that there is newer one available and I had to manually download and install it from Roland Cloud website… 😏

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:34 pm
Brian.McClelland wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:55 pm Brian from Roland Cloud here
Can you please ask Roland why they haven't included any reverbs in either the Zenology instruments or the Zenology FX?
It's a pretty daft oversight.
It’s hard to understand why Zenology (FX) offers no reverbs.

just felt it was important that a bunch of random strangers know that I don't care for this product.

and that's what I feel right there

:D

Hi,

Question. How do I move the samples for i.e. Roland Cloud XV-5080 from the C: drive to another drive on my PC (Windows 10). I don't want to mess around with the Windows 10 Registry, is there an easy way to do this ?

The Roland Cloud Manager installed the sample content on my C: drive, I guess it is the default setting, it didn't ask me where I want to place the samples, (I think this should be improved by Roland), so one can select the desired destination drive during the installation.

Any feedback/help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Muziksculp wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:39 am Question. How do I move the samples for i.e. Roland Cloud XV-5080 from the C: drive to another drive on my PC (Windows 10).
I don't think there is any way to do that, but at least it doesn't take up very much space.
Last edited by Examigan on Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Examigan wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:38 pm
Muziksculp wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:39 am Question. How do I move the samples for i.e. Roland Cloud XV-5080 from the C: drive to another drive on my PC (Windows 10).
I don't there is any way to do that, but at least it doesn't take up very much space.
That's odd.

I wonder if un-installing an instrument that uses samples, via RCM will also remove its sample content ? i.e. Un-installing the XV-5080 via RCM.

Aloysius wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:55 am Thanks Brian.McClelland. I've no interest in subscriptions. No point in demoing.
Hey, Aloysius! We also have single purchase license options available for each instrument in the Roland Cloud Collection, called Lifetime Keys. Lifetime Keys are always attached to your account, include all future updates of the instruments, and can be signed in on up to five devices. It's a good option if you want one or more instruments, but don't want to do a full membership. Thanks!
Muziksculp wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:39 am Hi,

Question. How do I move the samples for i.e. Roland Cloud XV-5080 from the C: drive to another drive on my PC (Windows 10). I don't want to mess around with the Windows 10 Registry, is there an easy way to do this ?

The Roland Cloud Manager installed the sample content on my C: drive, I guess it is the default setting, it didn't ask me where I want to place the samples, (I think this should be improved by Roland), so one can select the desired destination drive during the installation.

Any feedback/help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Hi, Muziksculp! Brian from Roland Cloud here. We recommend keeping files on the home drive whenever possible as moving files around can lead to disruptions. For assistance, please feel free to Contact Support through the lower left menu in Roland Cloud Manager, and we'll take care of you. Thanks!
Atlatnesiti wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:36 pm Hi Brian,
Just installed the latest version of RCM 2.5.15 and all the latest updates to Apple M1 silicon showed up 😀
Strange though that my previous installed version of RCM didn’t recognise that there is newer one available and I had to manually download and install it from Roland Cloud website… 😏
Hi, Atlatnesiti! This happens from time to time. We always have the most current version of Roland Cloud Manager hosted on http://www.rolandcloud.com/ so feel free to update from there if you have any issues from within RCM. Thanks!
joeyluck wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:44 am Still waiting for Roland to release the JP-8000 as a plugin :)

Korg releasing the Prophecy this week was a great surprise and one of the synths I've always wanted as a plugin. The JP-8000 is another synth from that era that would be so cool to have as a plugin.
Hey, joeyluck! I've got your name on the list requesting the JP-8000 as a new instrument. We compile this input for our weekly request report and send to the proper teams. Thanks for letting us know!
JamminFool wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:40 am New version of RCM (2.5.15) fixes the tiny resolution on my Surface. My eyes thank you, Roland!
Hey, JamminFool. Awesome! I'm glad that issue has been resolved. Thanks for letting me know it's back to normal. Much appreciated.

Return to “Instruments”