Reason 12 announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12 Reason Intro Reason Suite

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:39 am
apoclypse wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:36 pm It's fine to discuss what you don't like about a UI but its hard to take you seriously when you post fan art like that and think it's actually good.
First you are assuming I was complaining about the long post which I wasn't, I was complaining about the ugly ass fan pics he posted.
This has nothing to do with taking me seriously in regard to my post content and artwork, this is about you and the ignorance you show towards other people. That's your failing, and you compound this attitude again in your posts above. That's just the height of arrogance.

If you've got nothing good to say or contribute, say nothing at all, and show some respect, it's not difficult. Some things take days, weeks, or months to develop....what do you have to show in what you have created ?

You didn't need to respond, and you didn't need to make people scroll twice through the same content again that you knew full well would annoy people in having to do so. That's on you, not me.
Arrogance is thinking that everyone has to be receptive to your ideas or thinking someone won’t criticize you for your work. If you don’t want criticism then don’t post online. It’s that simple. You don’t have to like my criticism but I’m entitled to it on this public forum.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

EnochLight wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:52 am 7–8 years later… and still the same. Crazy. Scotty- seriously man - I know you’ve had some hard times. It’s rough - I get that. We all love you. But seriously- just give up this Reason scorched Earth policy. It’s weird.
You think, I'm holding them hostage for not meeting my expectations in pace of development and innovations and resent them for it. No, not really... I no longer have any passion / investment in Reason in my requirements... I can sit back and watch what happens, like everyone else. The question is though.. do they even care any more in what people want from Reason ?

Ernist Boo's was really the only guy that had some sort of spark of vision... now it's like men in black suits from an image perspective since he left.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

apoclypse wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:31 am
jens wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:05 pm
apoclypse wrote:
I quoted it because I didn't have the time snip it on my mobile device. You are acting like I was the one who wrote that long as post in the first place. Why not tell that to the person who wrote it?
No, I am acting as if you needlessly quoted a very long post right beneath it.

I make this post with my phone btw... see how I managed to remove stuff just fine?
First you are assuming I was complaining about the long post which I wasn't, I was complaining about the ugly ass fan pics he posted.

Secondly maybe ask for context before making dumbass comments assuming things that the OP never intended.
I assumed nothing. Now you are just making stuff up.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I suspect 'people' will vote with their wallets (as I did) when I bought Reason for the first time in a decade as in my opinion its never been a more interesting and creative instrument. The modules that Reason are producing (especially the modular inspired players) have never looked or sounded better, and Reason as a high resolution VST3 'rack' instrument 'rack' fx rack will no doubt be extremely popular with most musicians.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Lemonade anyone?

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:43 am I no longer have any passion / investment in Reason in my requirements... I can sit back and watch what happens, like everyone else.
No one else is doing what you do. Again, seriously- just give up this Reason scorched Earth policy. It’s weird. You’ll be a lot more productive in the Studio One threads.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

"A scorched-earth policy is a military strategy that aims to destroy anything that might be useful to the enemy. Any assets that could be used by the enemy may be targeted, which usually includes obvious weapons, transport vehicles, communication sites, and industrial resources. However, anything useful to the advancing enemy may be targeted, including food stores and agricultural areas, water sources, and even the local people themselves, though the last has been banned under the 1977 Geneva Conventions."

I used to play Battlefield 3 & 4 regularly, and was a master in tank battles in capture the flag.

"No one else is doing what you do."

Sounds like Richard Branson's life moto.

Why do you always seem to play the role of Reason Studio's / Propellerheads, policeman on forums ?
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Ok I am finding this "fan art" really not my taste and questionable at best - however I can see him putting a lot of time in it. Even though he completely misses design conventions and all that, I don't find it nice that some of you are pissing on him because his creations are ugly to some of us. There are much better ways to speak about this.

I get it, it's KVR and we are all hostile at a times when we split our opinions but this is real work so I don't feel it's nice. It's like I posted one of my extremely shitty songs and I am being attacked just because of the fact of creation.

Hm..

1 year ago me and my band mate did not know where to go yet, but we had a wonderful jam project called World Machine. I made more than a few probability based “band mates” in Reason with wide scopes of freedom; an auto drummer, a synthbass player, a santur player, a tube and bell player. Then I turned it all on and we played guitar and Korg Karma to the crazy noise respectively. Lots of fun. Now we ain’t THAT modular, but Reason’s strength is that I can do such things if I want, and without drowning in Eurorack modules and physical cables. If the agenda changes, which it did, you save the lego buildings and continue with other types of production. Reason is good for all of them. Such freedom.
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

kmonkey wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:18 pm Ok I am finding this "fan art" really not my taste and questionable at best - however I can see him putting a lot of time in it. Even though he completely misses design conventions and all that, I don't find it nice that some of you are pissing on him because his creations are ugly to some of us. There are much better ways to speak about this.

I get it..
No, you don’t get it - because you are not privy to ScottyM’s history of doing this - for years - using the Reasontalk forum as his own personal billboard, and then getting banned because of his incessant trolling. And now he’s at it again, literally saying time and time again that he doesn’t use Reason, doesn’t care about it and has zero investment in its existence, yet he continues to lurk Reason threads strangely and post crap about how awesome Studio One is and how lame Reason is. It’s tiring.

So yeah, let’s talk about the whole story if you’re going to claim we’re being hard on ScottyM. I mean THE INTRANCER.

And again, if you’re going to post things you make online, you either grow a thick skin and get ready for the criticism, or you don’t post online. Pretty simple. This isn’t the “everyone gets a hug” forum.
THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:49 pm Why do you always seem to play the role of Reason Studio's / Propellerheads, policeman on forums ?
:roll:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:39 pm
This isn’t the “everyone gets a hug” forum.

Aww really? I want a hug. Don't leave me hanging man.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

EnochLight wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:39 pm
No, you don’t get it - because you are not privy to ScottyM’s history of doing this - for years - using the Reasontalk forum as his own personal billboard, and then getting banned because of his incessant trolling. And now he’s at it again, literally saying time and time again that he doesn’t use Reason, doesn’t care about it and has zero investment in its existence, yet he continues to lurk Reason threads strangely and post crap about how awesome Studio One is and how lame Reason is. It’s tiring.

So yeah, let’s talk about the whole story if you’re going to claim we’re being hard on ScottyM. I mean THE INTRANCER.

And again, if you’re going to post things you make online, you either grow a thick skin and get ready for the criticism, or you don’t post online. Pretty simple. This isn’t the “everyone gets a hug” forum.
THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:49 pm Why do you always seem to play the role of Reason Studio's / Propellerheads, policeman on forums ?
:roll:
Distorting things much ?

Lets not forget that it was you who decided to post a very early concept stage of a project, in your attempt to try and mock my abilities as an artist. It was only right to respond to that with the near finished project to dispel what you had tried to do there. You did that because someone showed keen interest in what I did and wanted to know more about what I had created. Someone mentioned I should make my own DAW, so I posted one of my closest real working projects which was a fully functioning instrument created in Reaktor.

As for Reasontalk, I created a thread in the Off-Topic section of the forum and intended to create a gallery of all the redesigned instruments I had made over the years including RE's but no, some of the Mob didn't like that because on Propellerheads forum, the Props Mods were quite happy for me to do that and didn't intervene ever. In fact these redesign threads created as much traffic for released RE's back in 2012/13.

Some of the Reasontalk members who travelled over from the Props forum and had despised everything I did (about two or three of them), thought they had more leverage over the mod running the new Reasontalk site and indeed manage to have me banned but not because I did anything wrong but because, there were many cry babies that didn't like the honesty I had about what Propellerheads were not doing and how long it was taking them to implement things.

Stuff like lack of VST instrument integration, oh they eventually listened, RE's having no future with tiny Rack Instrument GUI's.. now we're only just getting there, lack of basic step-time recording on the sequencer... still not there. Lack of track colours, stuck at just 8 for 13 years, now there's more...

The props marketing and the way it handled itself, undercutting people who had bought RE's early on, only to have them in bundles, whilst spammed email inbox was another thing... Sure, I had already recognised just how far back Reason was at the time when compared to Studio One's features, and so I gave my views...which upset the Reason devoted and faithful. I mean they spent so much money that anyone saying that there are other alternatives which provided better things for less money just wasn't going to make them happy.

The irony is that the things they enjoy now is because people like myself were calling for it, whilst the naysayers they tried to get rid of on the forum can sit back say I told you so. In 2014 I had redesigned Reason with a dark GUI as shown in this thread, Reason 8 wasn't even released at that point. Reason 9 came to fruition back in 2016 with a darker skin very similar in tone to that of which I had used.

As for me being banned, it was really to try and keep the piece among the mob who didn't want me to highlight my work and to get the attention I once had gotten on the Props forum. It would have been fun. As for me accepting criticism, that's never been a problem.. it's always been one of the things that's motivated me and even during the course of getting feedback as bad as it was, it didn't stop me from carrying on, to the frustration of those like Bavanity and his cohorts... I've always appreciated different perspectives, I didn't fight back or get upset..I used the feedback to better my work. That's not the same as undermining someone and their abilities because it makes them feel better about themselves and to try and influence others to an inaccurate perspective or view in things which are not complete.

Why am I in this thread, even though I don't use what is really the core program Reason but on odd occasion as a free rack device in another DAW ? Well because I can and because I have a wealth of knowledge about it. I exhausted my use of Reason and moved to Studio One to do what I wanted to do that was mind-numbingly slow to do in Reason if at all.

You might not like my presence in this thread but that's ok... :-D

THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:47 amI've always appreciated different perspectives, I didn't fight back or get upset..I used the feedback to better my work.
And when that didn't work, you created a sock-puppet by the name of LazerLight for nothing more than a sad display of self-aggrandizement. That little stunt cost you any shred of credibility you might have had amongst many here.

lessera wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:09 am
THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:47 amI've always appreciated different perspectives, I didn't fight back or get upset..I used the feedback to better my work.
And when that didn't work, you created a sock-puppet by the name of LazerLight for nothing more than a sad display of self-aggrandizement. That little stunt cost you any shred of credibility you might have had amongst many here.
I do have some funny friends... :lol: In anycase I had done everything I wanted in that thread, even exceeding the 50,000 word limit on page one and requiring to convert forum text to .png images, and didn't just leave it there but created a whole new website with the effort I put into it. Two and half years to keep that thread going and updating it all the time with Presonus release notes and content was a lot of work and I made the most of it. Almost : 86940 Views | 1645 Posts. Studio One already had a new thread, and I changed it up to suite my end goals. I would have simply closed the thread myself but I'm not that boring...

Nothing lasts forever... not even the sun.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:47 am Blah blah blah..

You might not like my presence in this thread but that's ok... :-D
Dealing with self-aggrandizing trolls is pretty much par for the course these days. Not a big deal, actually. ;) Just a bizarre travesty that you still gravitate to enthusiast threads in subjects you have zero interest in other than to troll.
In anycase I had done everything I wanted in that thread, even exceeding the 50,000 word limit on page one
Needlessly exceeding word limits seems to be something you excel at. :lol:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”