Reason 12 announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12 Reason Intro Reason Suite

THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:52 amI had done everything I wanted in that thread ... I changed it up to suite my end goals.
If your end goal was to embarrass yourself in front of those who watched that train-wreck of a thread, then well done.

can someone tell me what the thread topic is plz
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Reason 13 :-D
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

well cheekiness aside this tangent has kinda gone on long enough and tbh it's kind of a fantastical one at that. I dont really see it going anywhere besides in more circles, it really has little to do with Reason so how about we give it a break...plz and ty :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

It will be released in 4 weeks anyway, may as well just wait! If there is any 'early access' for R+ users it wont be very early!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:40 am It will be released in 4 weeks anyway, may as well just wait! If there is any 'early access' for R+ users it wont be very early!
indeed, i did the 333 thing only to see the new features... didn't install the extra RE's/instruments, or soundpacks (well i don't need them, for others they can be quite usefull).

so 3 euro's down the drain. because i don't want to run another beta... beta testing already enough..

o well... no sampler, hi-res takes ages (coders? the have good coders in sweden, but are they in hiding??). even i could code it faster, and that says a lot.... with 20 years no coding...

WasteLand wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:03 amo well... no sampler, hi-res takes ages (coders? the have good coders in sweden, but are they in hiding??). even i could code it faster, and that says a lot.... with 20 years no coding...
Are you changing the zoom level constantly? Based on the info from RS the first time you use certain zoom level other than 100% Reason will gradually re-draw all used devices & store the "new" versions in cache, so next time you use them at that zoom level they load relevent assets instantly, so there's no "pop in" that you see the 1st time.

It's not ideal perhaps, but much smarter than what Arturia pulls off.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I have no issues at all with Hi Res speed now (d139 Win 10), it works perfectly for me.

The 3$ deal lets you download and keep 100's of soundpacks- worth it juts for that- If you don't want o play with Algortym and Friktron etc for 3 months I can only assume you have them already?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Where were we? Oh, yes, Reason 12 announced. And....?
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

TribeOfHǫfuð wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:51 am Where were we? Oh, yes, Reason 12 announced. And....?
...it's to be released on 1st of September, you can participate in 12 Beta or get R+ and (hopefully) access new features a bit earlier.

Compared to S1 topic, we're very much on topic here :D
Music tech enthusiast

WasteLand wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:03 am o well... no sampler, hi-res takes ages (coders? they have good coders in sweden, but are they in hiding??). even i could code it faster, and that says a lot.... with 20 years no coding...
Most of Sweden is on vacation during the summer months. RS devs/coders are likely in the process of returning from something the entire country has traditionally participated in for ages.

In its current state, once hi-res assets are loaded at your set zoom level, they are cached and then load instantly when switching. We all know this will improve in an update. And improved search works as advertised - it really is instantaneous compared to everyone on Reason 11 and earlier. So, yeah - R+ subscribers are indeed getting early access. I’d wager the incoming sampler will be released before Reason 12 formally launches as well.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

antic604 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:47 am
WasteLand wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:03 amo well... no sampler, hi-res takes ages (coders? the have good coders in sweden, but are they in hiding??). even i could code it faster, and that says a lot.... with 20 years no coding...
Are you changing the zoom level constantly? Based on the info from RS the first time you use certain zoom level other than 100% Reason will gradually re-draw all used devices & store the "new" versions in cache, so next time you use them at that zoom level they load relevent assets instantly, so there's no "pop in" that you see the 1st time.

It's not ideal perhaps, but much smarter than what Arturia pulls off.
no, one zoom level. but it is that slow... yes when a all instruments/effects are 'drawn' it is fast.

i know it is one time problem. it is cached, i already knew it. but 2-4 minutes for hi-res? o well, in the end it is cached and it works, the spectra additive synth is now more usable...

it is indeed smarter than arturia, i agree. we already agreed on that...
EnochLight wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:44 am
WasteLand wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:03 am o well... no sampler, hi-res takes ages (coders? they have good coders in sweden, but are they in hiding??). even i could code it faster, and that says a lot.... with 20 years no coding...
Most of Sweden is on vacation during the summer months. RS devs/coders are likely in the process of returning from something the entire country has traditionally participated in for ages.

In its current state, once hi-res assets are loaded at your set zoom level, they are cached and then load instantly when switching. We all know this will improve in an update. And improved search works as advertised - it really is instantaneous compared to everyone on Reason 11 and earlier. So, yeah - R+ subscribers are indeed getting early access. I’d wager the incoming sampler will be released before Reason 12 formally launches as well.
of course it will improve in an update, but still astonished how much time it takes, they had time to prepair, years... o well...
SLiC wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:06 am I have no issues at all with Hi Res speed now (d139 Win 10), it works perfectly for me.

The 3$ deal lets you download and keep 100's of soundpacks- worth it juts for that- If you don't want o play with Algortym and Friktron etc for 3 months I can only assume you have them already?
when cached it works. the soundpacks, as i said, they can't interest me, that is personal, because -for example- reason i use to make... sounds... and loops... and more of course..

i don't own Algortym and Friktion. Friktion i demoed, sounds great, but i have other solution that give me better results, also personal (and no MPE). and Algortym, an overload of FM synths and synths with extensive FM capabilities... didn't demo it. perhaps it will add something... well perhaps i will try it. and buy it.. but as i said, enough other solutions for extreme FM...

EnochLight wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:42 pm
antic604 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:47 am It's not ideal perhaps, but much smarter than what Arturia pulls off.
Hahah - holy crap, man! And I thought Reason's inability to allow users where to install their RE's was bad. Does Arturia at least allow you to do that?
Yes, it does. And if you change it after installation it will even move the files accordingly.

The issue is I'd never expect 14GB and 700k files from synths & FX.
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:57 pm Yes, it does. And if you change it after installation it will even move the files accordingly.

The issue is I'd never expect 14GB and 700k files from synths & FX.
** looks at his Rack Extension folder **

It's not 700K files, but it's certainly not a small folder. Just wish I could install it where I want instead of relying on a directory alias: :(

RE's.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Reason has become a joke. I fully agree and support INTRANCER.

Now, Reason Studeos are only really concerned with pushing the VST plugin mode of reason.

They can't even get HD working....the types of issues MANY people are experiencing...buttons and knobs off kilter. Text appearing in the wrong font.....or not at all.

I predict this is where it ends for them... the product is officially dead. As in 'dead product' :wink:
at this point. This is going to be such a trainwreck and I don't see them recovering from it. I predict massive programming team exodus at the same time.... its probably already happened or happening which explains all the issues.
Last edited by Reflexanoid on Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”