Korg Collection (V2.0 released, GUI update!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection Special Box Presets For Korg M1 Legacy V2

Hemmick Reef wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:27 pm I've started to create a few presets in the MS20, but I can't see a way of exporting a bank?
Neither can I. It seems you can only save individual sounds (fxp) into the user folder. It's weird because it can import/load banks, but not save them.

Version 1 could save banks though. I wonder why they dropped it in version 2.

Andywanders wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:30 am
Hemmick Reef wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:27 pm I've started to create a few presets in the MS20, but I can't see a way of exporting a bank?
Neither can I. It seems you can only save individual sounds (fxp) into the user folder. It's weird because it can import/load banks, but not save them.

Version 1 could save banks though. I wonder why they dropped it in version 2.
Yes, it seems odd as most synths have the option.
Maybe the fxp files can be combined into a fxb for import?

Hemmick Reef wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:50 amMaybe the fxp files can be combined into a fxb for import?
I think the only way to do that is to load the individual sounds into the old version, then export the bank from there.

You can banks from individual patches in EnergyXT.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Jorgeelalto wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:47 am
bill45 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:03 pm Has anyone installed the Korg collection on an M1 Mac?
Not me, I'm waiting for native support (although if it takes too long I might just install the Rosetta versions for now...)
Thanks.

bill45 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:32 pm
bill45 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:03 pm Has anyone installed the Korg collection on an M1 Mac?
Not me, I'm waiting for native support (although if it takes too long I might just install the Rosetta versions for now...)
Thanks.
So, the problem is not all DAWs have bridges built in. With FL Studio I cannot open x86 plugins, and since I'm working primarily with it in the M1 MBA, I won't even bother installing those. I can say though, I tried Vital (x86 for now) in Reaper using the bridge and it works... More or less. Some graphic glitches here and there, although that might just be Vital.

Jorgeelalto wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:13 pm
bill45 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:32 pm
Thanks.
So, the problem is not all DAWs have bridges built in. With FL Studio I cannot open x86 plugins, and since I'm working primarily with it in the M1 MBA, I won't even bother installing those. I can say though, I tried Vital (x86 for now) in Reaper using the bridge and it works... More or less. Some graphic glitches here and there, although that might just be Vital.
They Say it works with Roseeta.
https://www.korg.com/download/global/su ... ORG_en.pdf

bill45 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:22 pm They Say it works with Roseeta.
https://www.korg.com/download/global/su ... ORG_en.pdf
I guess it does but then it's a matter of how well it works with your DAW's bridge, and whether the DAW has one or not. Not trying to discourage anyone, just it's more complexity than running it natively and I don't have too much time right now so I will wait :D I'm happy to wait for Korg, and eager to use M1 and WS again :hyper:

I haven't been able to use Triton for a while now. According to Korg Software Pass, I have Triton installed (I don't because it won't) and I don't have Triton Extreme installed (I do, and it works).

M1 and Wavestation are both working fine - and, as I said, Triton Extreme is working fine. It's the original Triton that won't work. I can download it, it appears to install, but all my DAWs either fail to recognize it or report it's not compatible and blacklist it. When I retry clicking on the triton .exe to reinstall it does nothing. I'm on Windows 10. I've never had a problem with it previously. Now I can't use it at all.

It would seem I'm the only Triton user in the entire known universe who is having this problem.

I wouldn't mind, but Triton Extreme is missing my favorite original Triton Combi ('The Ascension') as it's not included in the Extreme's voice list (and the ROM collection is incomplete on Extreme, too).
Last edited by CalUKGR on Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just send them an email.

I had a reasonably swift reply about a month ago stating the fact that you can't export banks with their latest updates.

For anyone interested, here's the email I received:

Thank you for your enquiry. Please also accept our apologies for the delay in replying.

There isn't an option to export a whole bank of programs from the software. You can, however, access and make a backup copy of your user presets by saving the files in one of these folders:

[macOS] ~/Documents/KORG/MS-20/Presets/User
[Windows] ~/My Documents/KORG/MS-20/Presets/User

Can you remember the exact email you wrote to? All I get from Korg UK is a form to fill in about hardware issues.

https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

This is how you submit software issues to Korg.

Thanks - I've submitted a request for help on that email. I might even get an answer!

CalUKGR wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:27 pm Can you remember the exact email you wrote to? All I get from Korg UK is a form to fill in about hardware issues.
The contact form above (EvilDragon) looks correct.
I actually used one of the options from this page, which probably ends up in front of the correct person:
https://www.korg.com/uk/support/contact/
They replied from this email:
website@korg.co.uk

I had to contact KORG support three times in the past. In each case they responded within reasonable time frame. First question was about Mono/Poly bank management. They sent me a satisfying and clear answer. Second and third time was about MDE-X bugs. They fixed the first one, which was quite significant for all users. They did not fix the second, which wasn't crucial for functioning of the effect. Still all together I had good experience compared to other big companies. I mean what's the point of sending a reply to the user, when months later issues are not being fixed. All that despite the fact that they release an "update" in the meantime. That's not the case with KORG. They acknowledged the problem and fixed it for the next release.
My only wish at the moment is to have resizable GUI for LegacyCell.

Return to “Instruments”