Introducing EXC!TE SNARE DRUM a physical modeling snare synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
EXC!TE SNARE DRUM EXC!TE SNARE DRUM PRO

Ploki wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:41 am I hope AU gets made, i’m a sucker for physical
I'm happy to announce that an AU version is imminent!
EDIT: It's live. We now support the AudioUnit plugin format.
Last edited by CHAIR on Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

CHAIR wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:23 am
gaggle of hermits wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:16 am is there any support for midi learn or attaching midi CCs to some of the controllers? it would be handy to be able to map a foot or breath controller to playing position and have it saved in a preset.
Wouldn't MIDI learn and CC be something the DAW should be dealing with? On Steinbergs Forum is a great deal of complaining that VST3 can't even receive any MIDI directly, just translated note events. Or am I misunderstanding?
i can do it in the DAW, at least in Logic and in Live. it's just a bit more self-contained within the plugin if the setting is saved with a preset as well. i don't know the hoops you have to jump through to do it in a plugin though - it's not a showstopper for me.

Who insulted you?
It’s a valid question about 32bit… it’s 2021, I havent used a 32bit plug in 10 years.

It’s almost equal to asking for Dx support

ho...this plugin is crazy, i will ugprade to pro soon.Please release a kick
time for me to leave KVR.Bye bye ! 03/2022 :phones:

Can you please add à Way to enter the note for the tune parameter ?
time for me to leave KVR.Bye bye ! 03/2022 :phones:

CHAIR wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:09 pm Hi everyone, this is our first post here and we'd like to present to you EXC!TE SNARE DRUM,....
Congratulations on the release of EX!CTE-Snare-Drum. It sounds great in the demos.

Unfortunately, although the installation process completes without errors, the instrument is not recognized on Windows 7 64. I am on Windows 10 but I have an old backup travel laptop that only supports Windows 7.

I know your disclaimer reads clearly Windows 10.
I read only 2 or 3 percent of developers don't consider the existence of Windows 7 adducing security problems.
But then there are more than 700 developers that still release versions for Windows 7 64bits (and sometime x86) even of complex and advanced software.

I know it's not your obligation, and maybe some will point fingers at me for still using Windows 7 alongside Windows 10.
I'm just doing a respectful suggestion.

Best of luck in your development!
Session guitarist and music producer from Venezuela
One of my old demos: (Scarbee and Overloud)
https://bit.ly/3mDq0D3

jonalyn wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:08 pm Can you please add à Way to enter the note for the tune parameter ?
This is a totally valid request. We have tried this already, and it's not so simple as it may sound. However, we will revisit this and see if we can make it happen.

Jazzguitar wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:18 am
CHAIR wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:09 pm Hi everyone, this is our first post here and we'd like to present to you EXC!TE SNARE DRUM,....
Congratulations on the release of EX!CTE-Snare-Drum. It sounds great in the demos.

Unfortunately, although the installation process completes without errors, the instrument is not recognized on Windows 7 64. I am on Windows 10 but I have an old backup travel laptop that only supports Windows 7.

I know your disclaimer reads clearly Windows 10.
Thank you for your kind words.
We only have two Windows machines to test and both have Windows 10, that's basically the reason why we wrote that Windows 10 is a requirement. If you can help us troubleshooting, we can see if we find the issue why it's not running on Windows 7.
Preferably this would be in our forum at https://discourse.chair.audio/c/softwar ... re-drum/15

We added AudioUnit (AU) support! Logic users with M1 processor must enable Rosetta mode for now though.

thanks for the update - can't wait to give it a spin

CHAIR wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:14 pm
jonalyn wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:08 pm Can you please add à Way to enter the note for the tune parameter ?
This is a totally valid request. We have tried this already, and it's not so simple as it may sound. However, we will revisit this and see if we can make it happen.
https://www.music.mcgill.ca/~gary/307/week1/node28.html

the freebie is cool - snares are a little grainy, but what really piqued my interest is sidechain input from the video. it looks so organic.
i don't think this makes sense with only midi input - it's not its biggest strength it would appear.

I cannot get the sidechain working in a 'live' mode in Logic at all.

Works fine from an audio track with a beat or whatever (in fact it responds to external audio really rather nicely), but as soon as I try to play it from an audio channel with input monitoring enabled I get nothing. I've tested the AU version in PlogueBidule and that works fine. Is there some strange quirk in Logic which needs dealing with before it will work with a live input?

I love the sound of these guys' code, which looks like strange thing to say, but I said it.

Also, can we make the default value of the FreqShift 0 rather than 50?

CinningBao wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:41 pm Also, can we make the default value of the FreqShift 0 rather than 50?
Hi CinningBao,
this is intentional, because the frequency shifter is not only a nice feature to change the spectrum of the input sound but it also very effectively suppresses feedback. Signal excitation through a microphone could easily result in terrible feedback, that's why the default is not zero.

Return to “Instruments”