new, tone poem

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

in the manner of an opening
"microtonal", which isn't a word I'm a great big fan of. *bendy, a lot of in between*.
the title refers to Satie Maniere de Commencement, but no connotation, it's just the expectation as to flow of time is this is apparently the beginning of something, not any middle.
Not so much in the form of a pear, either.

further exploration into a harmonic language. Long tones, it may bore yous. Texture is big. Refers in the end to tonality but the resolution isn't so nameable.

more may be built over this like a bed, or maybe not. it'll keep going 'to the right' as far as timline; under two minutes.

i find long tones quite validating ...

[/thread]

it's a manner of mine, anyway. it relaxes me, no matter the dissonance index
[/also meta]

I actually mistook something of mine for something else there was such stylistic resemblance. the two are actually nearer being polar opposites than the same. I realized this is what they call 'mannered'. These stupid little drum roll-ins...
actually quite formal

like later Zappa when, if there was a reggae or swing feel Wackerman would have to do this _trip-le-et &_ roll-in

yattata yat: two beat anacrusis, 1

anyway, this is located in that Ligeti density/flux world, there is no reason to call things dissonant in the old ways, it will go where it goes

link wont play for me, nor download. No idea why

very nice.
has me in mind of space odyssey 8)

sounds fairly complete as is, or could go elsewhere from a great beginning!

definite validation :tu:

embed works, right-click opens a download dialog, link is not the problem

with a day's distance, the gesture at the end seems kind of flaky exposed like that, not a real ending anyway tho

first session seemed promising, I made a mess eventually and CUT.
something new needs to happen there. ATM I've had to do this from pencil tool, need to play something

thx vurt

Nice textures and passing. I like how thin the upper frequencies feel…like they're super sharp. Ends abruptly for me.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

better non-ending now.
it needed a little extra towards the end

right there piano is going to take over in front
thx

Nice!
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

ok, this bit is about done

I think I'll look at the wild Brazieal clip for piano, if not IDK, I want to play it but controller in storage for the moment.
I don't know what happened to the guy, google has no reports of his demise anyway

Nice. Like vurt, images from a movie jumped into my head, and my movie was The Andromeda Strain (the scene where the scientists first observe the microbe growing). The percussive elements would add to the suspense/excitement/fear.

Good work :)

thx
I think I'm going to let this one alone and just do the next bit as a discrete other event.
https://youtu.be/ivAAGC8762E

jancivil wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:48 am I think I'm going to let this one alone and just do the next bit as a discrete other event ...
With the length of 1:53 minutes it is still fragmentary, but it "should"
only be the opening. However, this start is very reverberant,
psychedelic and unusual.

I think the song itself after this intro can only be a track played in
"fast speed heavy death metal" fashion. So - I'm really looking
forward to this part now! :hyper:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Return to “Music Cafe”