VPS Avenger has stopped working.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

VPS Avenger has become my favorite synth. Two days ago I tried to open a project with multiple instances of it and I received a message stating that "The CmDongle license will expire soon. Remaining days: 10." Because my license is less than 3 months old, I felt this message was just a glitch. So I restarted my DAW, reloaded the project, and then I noticed the GUI of the Avenger VST had been replaced with a new message "Error, cannot create plugin instance. Please reinstall the plugin!" I checked my license and re-downloaded software from Vengeance's website. I uninstalled old software. Then I reinstalled the with new. I then added it to my DAW and tried to open an instance of the software and received the error message again. About my computer and DAW: I am using a new computer, about one year old, with all updates to Windows current. I have 12 Gigs RAM. I am using FL Studio 20. I downloaded the Beta version of FL Studio 20.1 some months ago but have not installed the latest version of the software yet simply because the changes to version 20 seemed minimal and I was not overly enticed by FLEX. I own lot's of other VSTs that are working just fine, among them: Serum, Icarus, Harmor, SynthMaster, Loom, Sektor, Kick2, Sublab, etc. I have write an email to Vengeance's support team, but my response was less than fullfilling... as I had already done all of the things that were suggested. Has anybody else had this problem? I absolutely love the VST and I stalling a lot of projects that need completion (I am currently working from home in local public television production) because it is such a vital part of my projects. Thanks!

Looks like Avenger has become a total disaster since they switched the protection to Codemeter.

Had similar license issue here today. Downloaded V-Manager from Avenger account page (https://register.vps-avenger.com/). Running V-Manager solved the problem for me.

Frettchen wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:39 pm Had similar license issue here today. Downloaded V-Manager from Avenger account page (https://register.vps-avenger.com/). Running V-Manager solved the problem for me.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to try running the V-Manager again. Perhaps if there was a bug, it has been fixed. If it doesn't work, I will try to convince one of my friends, who is a computer tech, to defy the lockdown in our area to help, which is probably not best but I feel rather desperate.

you emailed rene I take it?
rsp
sound sculptist

Yes, I have. And at the moment, I am remaining cautiously optimistic as I try something at their suggestion (installing an older version of CodeMeter.) I uninstalled everything again today, including the VST software... and I'm currently downloading the factory content again. I will keep you guys up to date with my progress. And I am keeping my fingers crossed. So far, the process has been slow, as I understand it should be. The whole world isn't "business as usual" right now. As I explained in an email this morning to Andre, with Vengeance Sound, I think VPS Avenger is the finest software synth I have ever used, and I've been in music production since the 90s. My very first hardware synth was an Ensoniq SQ1 plus!

I had to delete my cmcontainer and then Andre reset my license and i could reactivate via Vman again

I downloaded an older version of CodeMeter and it worked! Thanks guys for all the help and suggestions. I will be writing Andre shortly to let him know the good news... Contemplating life without this VST was actually difficult. I literally started a project last night with Avenger and gave it the working title "Who Really Cares." LOL Thanks again for the help!

Meant to say in last post "I literally started a project WITHOUT Avenger..." Thanks again

zvenx wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:49 pm you emailed rene I take it?
rsp
Sorry to resurrect this thread, I'm having the same issue, Avenger stopped working. Apparently Codemeter sucks. Can someone let me know who this Rene person is that we can contact who might be able to help? Thanks.

I love avenger but this codemeter has to stop as it spoils one of my favourite synths ever ! I sold it but would buy again if it had a different copy protection like u-he .

This is why I now consider the copy protection a synth uses as the first decision driver for me, even before sound quality.

I'm not a music professional, but if I were and had multiple projects with dependencies on synths that require an internet connection, require interfacing with support to get working again, or anything in between, I wouldn't want to rely on that.

My preference is serial number or license file first. I will consider challenge/response protection in some cases, but not if there's a second option that doesn't use C/R. Incidentally, I'm not a dongle fan either. I get why some like it. But I have no dongle software and won't ever buy anything that does.

I recently abandoned another synth (not Avenger) because it lost its activation status (and requires a full C/R cycle to restore) for the third time on me. It's one thing to have to go through C/R when setting up a new machine, but different (and unacceptable to me) when it's a machine that has been activated, and then the activation is lost.

Again, not a pro here, and so it's sort of ok to deal with this stuff if it's just goofing around with music. But for pros or even people who care deeply about their projects, copy protection of this nature tends to really be disruptive.

zvenx wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:49 pm you emailed rene I take it?
rsp
Bump. Can anyone tell me who Rene is from Vengance Sound so I can contact him about these Avenger licensing issues? It sounds like he is the person who can help. Thanks.

Surely you would have gone to their website,
gone to the support tab and saw the email:
get support via email:
support@vengeance-sound.com

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:23 pm Surely you would have gone to their website,
gone to the support tab and saw the email:
get support via email:
support@vengeance-sound.com

rsp
I will do that but the thread above mentions contacting particular people from VPS directly and that this was helpful. I'm assuming this more direct route would be better than a ticket alone. If you are unwilling to share that information I will only open a ticket, but I thought someone with that direct contact information would be willing to share it with others.

Return to “Instruments”