Kilit: Turkish Pop Song

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey there,

this is an older song of mine that I recently rerecorded and remixed. Hope you have fun listening!

https://soundcloud.com/abiuslu/kilit-2021

grettings from cologne

Has anyone an idea for a forum where this kind of music would attract more reactions? :-)

I should turn the synth in the chorus down or sidechain it (maybe to the vocals). otherwise i´m quite content with the mix, but i´m curious for suggestions.

Peace :-)

Great pop song. You have crafted together all the needed elements of a catchy pop song. Interplay and syncopation between rhythm guitar, drums/bass, even on a micro note by note scale is nice. Tones are all what id expect or want in a track such as this. Vocals were also well done. Me, I don't speak nuthin' but English (but can read French) yet I liked the vocals. I usually don't pay attention to lyrics too much, just the vocal melodies or emoted sense, so language is not an issue.

harika iş
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

I call it a rock song! The double-chorus is really well written!! I got goosebumps on the lengthened notes part.

I'd love the vocal to be more focused and ambient. The music is a little too clear ;)

Morgaxx wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:49 pm Great pop song. You have crafted together all the needed elements of a catchy pop song. Interplay and syncopation between rhythm guitar, drums/bass, even on a micro note by note scale is nice. Tones are all what id expect or want in a track such as this. Vocals were also well done. Me, I don't speak nuthin' but English (but can read French) yet I liked the vocals. I usually don't pay attention to lyrics too much, just the vocal melodies or emoted sense, so language is not an issue.

harika iş
Thank you so much for your kind words! The lyrics describe a kind of lock (kilit) that one chooses to lock on himself/herself. I think I tried to describe something like a self chosen depressive, isolated life or view on life.

Thank you :-)

shawshawraw wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:29 pm I call it a rock song! The double-chorus is really well written!! I got goosebumps on the lengthened notes part.

I'd love the vocal to be more focused and ambient. The music is a little too clear ;)
Thank you! I find the vocals too soft to call it “rock”, but that’s up to you of course. I try to realise my idea of “adult pop/rock” somehow.

Soooo, yes for a rock song the music is too clear you’re right. I find the idea of a dirtier version appealing, but on the other side I like the poppy piano part. Maybe it would be better to have a clearer style I don’t know…

But I don’t really get what you mean by “focused and ambient” because for me this is a contradiction. To make something more ambient I would think of delays, reverb and maybe modulation. Focused makes me think of something dry and clean. Would you care to comment further on this?

abi wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:07 pm Thank you! I find the vocals too soft to call it “rock”, but that’s up to you of course. I try to realise my idea of “adult pop/rock” somehow.

Soooo, yes for a rock song the music is too clear you’re right. I find the idea of a dirtier version appealing, but on the other side I like the poppy piano part. Maybe it would be better to have a clearer style I don’t know…

But I don’t really get what you mean by “focused and ambient” because for me this is a contradiction. To make something more ambient I would think of delays, reverb and maybe modulation. Focused makes me think of something dry and clean. Would you care to comment further on this?

Those electric guitar strumming straight chords at 1:05 and 3:13 are screaming ROCK! :D I love those moments.

Wrong word! I was gonna say "presence", thinking of the "presence" knob on a guitar amp, but somehow typed "ambient"... My bad!

I can't understand the lyrics but I am certainly grooving to it right now.

shawshawraw wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:44 pm4 user_id=24887]
Wrong word! I was gonna say "presence", thinking of the "presence" knob on a guitar amp, but somehow typed "ambient"... My bad!
Ah ok, thanks for clarifying!

Sounds pretty good. I was wondering if you’ve made any songs with rhythms like oyun, halay, or other Turkish rhythms. I don’t know Turkish but it sounds ok so far. I think it’s more so ‘adult contemporary’ or something we’d classify it here in the US, mainly because of the electric guitar.
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

Music Bird wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:01 am Sounds pretty good. I was wondering if you’ve made any songs with rhythms like oyun, halay, or other Turkish rhythms. I don’t know Turkish but it sounds ok so far. I think it’s more so ‘adult contemporary’ or something we’d classify it here in the US, mainly because of the electric guitar.
Thank you!

I try from time to time to use odd signatures like 9/8 and 7/8 when I want to have something like an oriental groove. For example:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=547384

This one is in 7/8 which is a common rhythm in Turkey, maybe you like it! „Oyun“ means „game“ by the way…

Return to “Music Cafe”