Deep Down

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I produced this track with my friend Doobie Dangerfield, who wrote the score. Please feel free to leave a comment. Thanks for listening.
RMDX

https://soundcloud.com/rmdx/deep-down
Last edited by r1_000 on Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nice. The percussion is overwhelming the other elements at times to me, but over all enjoyable track.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

Thanks for the feedback eassae it's much appreciated. I think the whole mix is out of balance.

Was gonna have a listen...but it seems to have disappeared?
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

Thanks for taking the time ChameleonMusic even though I took it down. I thought the mix was a bit off and I'm re doing it. Also waiting for a guitar part to mix in

r1_000 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:28 am Thanks for taking the time ChameleonMusic even though I took it down. I thought the mix was a bit off and I'm re doing it. Also waiting for a guitar part to mix in
Fair enough!

Maybe change the title of the topic to 'deleted post' or something, so people know?
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

I've put track back on to SoundCloud with it remixed.

Some nice parts to it; good solid sound choices. Enjoyable :tu:
Arrangement could have been a touch better.

Bansaw wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:59 pm Some nice parts to it; good solid sound choices. Enjoyable :tu:
Thank you for your comments. I'm curious about what you don't like about the arrangement.
Feel free to elaborate further or not. Just listening and leaving a comment means a lot. Thanks again.

r1_000 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:17 pm
Bansaw wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:59 pm Some nice parts to it; good solid sound choices. Enjoyable :tu:
Thank you for your comments. I'm curious about what you don't like about the arrangement.
Feel free to elaborate further or not. Just listening and leaving a comment means a lot. Thanks again.
Inserting a few bars of, for example:
- different percussion elements (drop the kick out, or drop the snare out)
- a bridge with a different chord progression
- a drop out with just pads
- a filter (HP or LP) modulation
- add an element, fade another element out
- make one element the obvious focus
etc.

Bansaw wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:58 pm
r1_000 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:17 pm
Inserting a few bars of, for example:
- different percussion elements (drop the kick out, or drop the snare out)
- a bridge with a different chord progression
- a drop out with just pads
- a filter (HP or LP) modulation
- add an element, fade another element out
- make one element the obvious focus
etc.
Thank you for taking the time to offer suggestions. I'll offer them to the other co-writer of the track next time we work on it.

Return to “Music Cafe”