Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

musicdevelopments wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:50 pm
today the following was implemented:

It will appear in the next beta version.
Wow! Very much looking forward to this. Thank you!

I hope perception of my appreciation will not be diminished if I confess to just having a couple more ideas/comments here (for any future point) -

1. Being able to set a count for repeats before new generation would be helpful. Sort of like asking a pitcher who is facilitating your batting practice to "Please give me 3 chances to hit that signature fastball of yours, and then let's try the curveball.". So, say, x1, x2, x3, or x4 here (after which you've failed the pop quiz!, to mix my metaphors).

2. Then there is the truth that the number of repeats necessary for a practitioner to duplicate or internalize a given phrase will vary and is unknowable in advance for each phrase. A work-it-until-you-get-it (or give up) paradigm (rather than a "got-it or didn't" quiz) would be I think best supported by a one-touch keypress that says "OK, move on now".

Again, thank you very much for entertaining the idea and adding support for this use case.

I love Rapid Composer!

Re: Title case - I'm personally agnostic on the leading caps or not per se, but if leading caps are annoying the developer, then I see that as a big strike against them!

I would suggest that consistency is a good goal here. Either use leading caps consistently everywhere in menus, or shun leading caps consistently everywhere in menus. Consistency keeps the program looking professional and well-tended-to.

:tu: Thanks everyone for the feedback, lower case wins.
sj1 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:23 am but if leading caps are annoying the developer, then I see that as a big strike against them!
No, My Word Does Not Count, Really! :lol:
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

how do I use the new draw phrase stuff?
[/quote]

Never mind, I figured it out... pretty cool..
[/quote]

How dose it work ?

[deleted]
Last edited by BluGenes on Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

[deleted]
Last edited by BluGenes on Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

in composition, in a blank area of a track, hold down the control/command key and draw with the mouse.. alt/option is the other one.. one is for lines and one is free hand..

edit: also - play with the track view size for fine tweaking the results..

Thanks.

Hi,

I don't know now practical/difficult this might be to implement, but if the effort is not all out of proportion to the gain, I would find it helpful if the user could choose an option to visually lock the vertical zoom range (note range) of a track so that regenerations do not cause the display to "jump around" and get larger or smaller to the detriment of a user-chosen layout/range for the display.

For example, consider a melody generator set to a one-octave constrained range.

RC - Confined Note Range 01.jpg

If I have dragged the track height to made the largest possible display covering only that range (or slightly beyond it for context),

RC - Confined Note Range 02.jpg

then I have no interest in having that display be changing on me (getting larger and smaller) as melody re-generations take place at the end of each loop.

RC - Loop Regen On.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by sj1 on Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Separately, it would also be helpful to allow the size of the notes in a track display to grow even larger than the current allowable. max size. (IOW, zoom in more than currently allowed.)

As it is now, I can drag a track to be arbitrarily high, but if my goal is to, say, have a very large display of (for example) a single-octave range, then I cannot really achieve that right now because the note size tops out, and all the extra height I created merely becomes blank area to no purpose.

RC - Max Note Size 01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi,

I suggest adding a choice to allow chromatic note generation in the Melody Generator.

Existing choices:

RC - Note Generation Choices 01.jpg

Would it be possible to get a keyboard shortcut to Show/Hide the Browser? Thanks!
"and the Word was Sound..."
https://www.youtube.com/user/InLightTone

Hi,
You can set the allowed maximum note height in the settings:

sj1 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:14 pm Separately, it would also be helpful to allow the size of the notes in a track display to grow even larger than the current allowable. max size. (IOW, zoom in more than currently allowed.)

Yes, it is implemented now. You'll find the shortcut in the next beta version (in about 2 days).

Thanks,
Attila
InLight-Tone wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:06 pm Would it be possible to get a keyboard shortcut to Show/Hide the Browser? Thanks!

Hello Attila!
I continue my wish list)) If there is an opportunity, I would like to add .. When I hover the mouse over a chord in the master track, I see a pop-up menu (this is very convenient). But in the information on this menu, I would like to see not only the notes of the chord, but also the notes of the scale. Thanks.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”