SampleTron 2 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Examigan wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:53 am I just tried that and get the same result you did. The flute sound plays in place of the Phatty samples I was using.
Thanks! I'll contact Support.

Is it just me or does anyone else have issues with SampleTron saving and recalling its settings within Logic??

I've done a fresh reinstall of it and it didn't fix anything. I haven't been able to use it in any projects at all, luckily its library still runs up fine in SampleTank, but I still wasn't the instrument to work as it has a few unique features. The interesting thing is I don't have any problem with Syntronik or B-3X recalling their info.

I plan to contact support, I just wasn't to know if its a common enough problem with Logic.

simon.a.billington wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:33 pm Is it just me or does anyone else have issues with SampleTron saving and recalling its settings within Logic??
Have you tried running SampleTron 2 inside a wrapper?

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:28 pm Pushing toward a year we may likely bring it back to this introductory pricing. If an equal deal 8-12 months from now is considered a good deal, cool. But that's what typically happens.

Original SampleTron users receive JamPoints to take an additional discount and should qualify for the crossgrade + introductory pricing if they have an IK product that is 99.99+ and non-NFR.

Hope that info helps.
Just had a laugh at this post from Peter in May considering the giant Group Buy. :lol:

Lotuz2019 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:00 pm
simon.a.billington wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:33 pm Is it just me or does anyone else have issues with SampleTron saving and recalling its settings within Logic??
Have you tried running SampleTron 2 inside a wrapper?
No, I don't do wrappers if I can... or rappers. :ud:

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:07 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:28 pm Pushing toward a year we may likely bring it back to this introductory pricing. If an equal deal 8-12 months from now is considered a good deal, cool. But that's what typically happens.

Original SampleTron users receive JamPoints to take an additional discount and should qualify for the crossgrade + introductory pricing if they have an IK product that is 99.99+ and non-NFR.

Hope that info helps.
Just had a laugh at this post from Peter in May considering the giant Group Buy. :lol:
:shrug: SampleTron 2 is at full price.

I'm flattered that I'm occupying real estate in the minds of the "gotcha journalists" of KVR, though. Thank you.

But I'm also happy that plenty of people have happily used SampleTron 2 for months on their projects. Some (elsewhere like VI-Control where they're prone to see value in something they'll use in projects and purchase if they feel it is a value) have purchased it upon release and recommend it to others in this very group buy. It's cool to see that.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:45 pm

Hope that info helps.

I'm flattered that I'm occupying real estate in the minds of the "gotcha journalists" of KVR, though. Thank you.

But I'm also happy that plenty of people have happily used SampleTron 2 for months on their projects. Some (elsewhere like VI-Control where they're prone to see value in something they'll use in projects and purchase if they feel it is a value) have purchased it upon release and recommend it to others in this very group buy. It's cool to see that.
You are being so petty. I always like to give you credit for putting up with so much abuse sometimes but maybe you’re just having a bad here? There’s not much from your post and not much really from his post, so maybe stop slamming this forum based on something so petty.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:45 pm

Hope that info helps.

The comment that prompted your original quote was someone saying, "knowing IK there will be deals soon enough." That ended up being very true. I mean, I've gotten 12 products for the price of one right now. That's certainly a better deal than paying full price for one product right? So the OP was totally correct.

I wasn't trying to play gotcha journalist, I was literally just trying to read this thread to see people's thoughts on SampleTron2 because I'm considering picking it up next in the group buy. That was one of the first comments on the page. It struck as me as funny in hindsight. That's all.

Everyone who knows IK knows that group buys and crazy deals are baked into the cake and you're sometimes better off waiting. Paying full price for SampleTron2 back then would certainly have gotten you a lot less than paying full price for it now. There's no way to dispute that. Hence why so many IK customers wait for the big deals. And folks who gotta have things early are certainly entitled to doing that too. Both approaches are fine.

I remember when I first bought Sampletank 2xl they had a 2-for1 deal on their website back then. I found Soniksynth 2 on another website on sale for $99. After registering it, I was able to claim the 2nd plugin (ST2) for free on the IK site. Much later I updraded to ST3 for $69 (it was on sale at that time and I used some Jam Points) and then later upgraded to Total Studio Max 2.

Examigan wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:48 pm I remember when I first bought Sampletank 2xl they had a 2-for1 deal on their website back then. I found Soniksynth 2 on another website on sale for $99. After registering it, I was able to claim the 2nd plugin (ST2) for free on the IK site. Much later I updraded to ST3 for $69 (it was on sale at that time and I used some Jam Points) and then later upgraded to Total Studio Max 2.
Yeah I just worked my way to Total Studio Max myself. Great set of tools, good investment my mind. It's not without a few small issues, but nothing ever is. Thats really a given in life.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:20 am
Lotuz2019 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:28 pm Guys, could you please try this?

Make a new project in your DAW.
Load SampleTron 2 and select Empty (next to Preset Manager).
Create your own 'track' in SampleTron (load your own samples and save).
Now save and close your project.
Move the folder that holds your samples to a different location.
Open your project again and check if SampleTron 2 loads your 'track'.

When I perform this test, SampleTron 2 loads the Classik Tape Flute preset. I wonder why it doesn't mention that the 'track' couldn't be found and more importantly why it doesn't ask where to search for the samples.
Has anyone tried this? SampleTron 2 does say it can't find the samples at the original location, but it doesn't seem to offer a way to search for the new location. And that worries me, because if it for some reason is not possible to put the samples back at exactly the same location, then I assume it is not possible to totally recall your project.
After emailing back and forth with Support, I have come to the conclusion that you need to be able to put the samples back at exactly the same location. Then the project will load, you can save the parameter settings as preset (if you haven't already done that) and then you can manually rebuild your track with the samples at the new location (Load, Save and Overwrite) and preset (Save and Overwrite). Save the project and then you can remove the samples from the original location. This might look like you have to rebuild it entirely, but you don't have to redo all the parameter settings. Still it's rather cumbersome imo.

So if you want your projects, tracks and presets to be future-proof (think of a new computer or a new drive), then it's best to save your samples at a location that will stay exactly the same and therefore is accessible for SampleTron 2 at all times.

I'm hoping SampleTron 2 one day will have a 'search for missing samples' function in the Load Error message similar to other sample players or perhaps a tab in the Settings where you can add the locations where SampleTron 2 should look for samples first in case the samples can't be found at their original location.

And now back to enjoying SampleTron 2! :)

Has anyone noticed that the "Install To" command in the Product Manager has no bearing on where Sampletron content gets installed? I have an external drive with all my IK Multimedia content, and wanted Sampletron 2 samples to go there to, but no matter what it only installs to Public Documents. Changing the install path worked for all other instrumnts.

Can I just move it after install?

^^^
Yes, but you should let Support know that the "Install to" choice did not work for you. Not that it helps, but it worked here (Windows 7 SP1).

And, after moving the whole library, change the path in SampleTron 2's Settings / Sound Content (and in ST4)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Return to “Instruments”