Went OTB - and then ITB again

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
AnX
KVRAF
10351 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Post Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:26 am

Bullshit

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
88177 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:32 am

bones, serious question even if it sounds like it isn't.

if it was possible to upload your consciousness to a computer,leaving the meat sack behind forever, would you do it?

the ultimate itb experience!?

vitocorleone123
KVRian
1018 posts since 30 Jun, 2014 from Pacific NW

Post Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:40 am

BONES wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:20 am
...
So your answer is: “I can’t actually prove anything and support what I claim, so I’ll continue to rant and bluster and hope no one notices I failed yet again.”

Got it. You are an empty shell. A shame, because, as I’ve said before, I do enjoy your music. It’s important to be able to separate the art from the artist, as time proves over and over.
Last edited by vitocorleone123 on Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cryophonik
KVRAF
7562 posts since 7 Sep, 2006 from Roseville, CA

Post Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:55 am

What is the definition of OTB these days anyway? An entirely hardware system, including a hardware multitrack recorder? Or is it just integrating some hardware into a computer-based DAW setup (I’d personally consider that to be hybrid)?

User avatar
pixel85
KVRian
1476 posts since 11 Apr, 2008

Post Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:04 am

BONES wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:02 am
pixel85 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:04 am
When I heard their Odyssey, I fell into love at first sight. This time sonic advantage was huge over plugins
No, it's not and it's crippled compared to the 8 voice union/poly and unlimited patch storage of Korg's software version. I was so excited about Korg's new Odyssey hardware that I almost bought one without even looking at it. Fortunately, the sales guy wanted to see it and asked if we could take it out of the box. As soon as I realised it had no patch memory, I went home empty handed. The VST is every bit as special as the hardware and a lot more useful.
Bodyssey is my best purchase this year. It's way more fun to play than plugins. I know that you won't believe it, but I'm getting pleasure from tweaking synths.
I don't even have to turn on the PC to use it. No plugin can do that :P
I barely touched vst synths after I got Odyssey, and I made several tracks with it. Without 8 voice of polyphony, 6 wavetable oscillators, 10 LFO and 20 multimode filters (alright, a multimode filter would be useful but just that) ;)
I don't need patch memory. I've been spoiled by plugins with patch memory for decades which would make me coming back and constantly tweaking the same patch over and over again. Lack of patch memory is a great remedy for that.
I don't need patch memory because I don't play live, and my income is earned mostly by sound design that in 99/100 cases doesn't involve synthesis (I wouldn't use hardware synth for that anyway).
Different people, different needs.
Beware! The software discussed in this topic has unacceptable aliasing at -386dBTP but it can be fixed by changing the sample rate to 12Bit

User avatar
pixel85
KVRian
1476 posts since 11 Apr, 2008

Post Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:07 am

cryophonik wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:55 am
What is the definition of OTB these days anyway? An entirely hardware system, including a hardware multitrack recorder? Or is it just integrating some hardware into a computer-based DAW setup (I’d personally consider that to be hybrid)?
You answered your own question.
I would say 'full OTB' to describe a situation where someone is using only hardware without a PC. Everything that is 'mixed' is called Hybrid these days.
Beware! The software discussed in this topic has unacceptable aliasing at -386dBTP but it can be fixed by changing the sample rate to 12Bit

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
88177 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:09 am

cryophonik wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:55 am
What is the definition of OTB these days anyway?
something to do with drugs or booze

"f**k man im out of my box :drunk: "

User avatar
elxsound
KVRAF
7456 posts since 18 Aug, 2007 from NYC

Post Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:42 am

vurt wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:09 am
cryophonik wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:55 am
What is the definition of OTB these days anyway?
something to do with drugs or booze

"f**k man im out of my box :drunk: "
Your posts have a whole different meaning if you’re using box as slang for vagina.

I probably know better, but I’m gonna pretend that I don’t. :lol:

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
88177 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:44 am

elxsound wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:42 am
vurt wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:09 am
cryophonik wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:55 am
What is the definition of OTB these days anyway?
something to do with drugs or booze

"f**k man im out of my box :drunk: "
Your posts have a whole different meaning if you’re using box as slang for vagina.

I probably know better, but I’m gonna pretend that I don’t. :lol:
that would be fuzz box (or dirt box for the anus of course).
my box, is my head.

actual local slang for the vajayjay is "clunge" :party:
how sexy!

User avatar
elxsound
KVRAF
7456 posts since 18 Aug, 2007 from NYC

Post Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:45 am

vurt wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:44 am
elxsound wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:42 am
vurt wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:09 am
cryophonik wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:55 am
What is the definition of OTB these days anyway?
something to do with drugs or booze

"f**k man im out of my box :drunk: "
Your posts have a whole different meaning if you’re using box as slang for vagina.

I probably know better, but I’m gonna pretend that I don’t. :lol:
that would be fuzz box (or dirt box for the anus of course).
my box, is my head.

actual local slang for the vajayjay is "clunge" :party:
how sexy!
Clunge?!? So not sexy.

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
88177 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:46 am

aye, tbf, we dont tend to use it "in the moment" :lol:

just the missus might for example say "damn this heat, my clunge is reet sweaty"

User avatar
elxsound
KVRAF
7456 posts since 18 Aug, 2007 from NYC

Post Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:07 am

:lol:

kritikon
KVRAF
5683 posts since 24 May, 2002 from Tutukaka, New Zealand

Post Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:22 pm

vurt wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:46 am
aye, tbf, we dont tend to use it "in the moment" :lol:

just the missus might for example say "damn this heat, my clunge is reet sweaty"
Clunge sounds more like a dumpling or something...derbyshire hotpot with clunge dumplings. But I guess I wouldn't want a sweaty dumpling...sweaty clunge being in reality, I suppose more like a fish stew. :?

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
88177 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:28 pm

kritikon wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:22 pm
vurt wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:46 am
aye, tbf, we dont tend to use it "in the moment" :lol:

just the missus might for example say "damn this heat, my clunge is reet sweaty"
Clunge sounds more like a dumpling or something...derbyshire hotpot with clunge dumplings. But I guess I wouldn't want a sweaty dumpling...sweaty clunge being in reality, I suppose more like a fish stew. :?
luckily, i dont tend to spend much time with her at work, with the ovens...

i didnt invent it :shrug:
i first heard it years back when my beard was referred to as "a clunge sponge" :hihi:

im on the edge of being "out of my box"
so i shall say f**k yall, all a yall :tu:

noodling ahoy!!! :harp:

User avatar
elxsound
KVRAF
7456 posts since 18 Aug, 2007 from NYC

Post Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:02 pm

Clunge Sponge sounds like the name of my next artist name.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”