Contest: September Gossip ”Simplicity” with the results.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

^ Fixed it--thank you.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

mountainmaster wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:17 am @Dirtgrain, your submission is not downloadable.
btw. what is the idea behind that rule "it must be donwloadable"?
i don't understand it - can someone explain? why should someone want to download it - what do you do with the file?
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:28 am btw. what is the idea behind that rule "it must be donwloadable"?
i don't understand it - can someone explain? why should someone want to download it - what do you do with the file?
Maybe to audition all songs with their levels set to the same loudness.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

The Noodlist wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:39 am
tomtom1 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:28 am btw. what is the idea behind that rule "it must be donwloadable"?
ah ok... that could make sense. (advanced users :D ) thx for reply.
myself in 2022

vurt wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:50 pm
tomtom1 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:24 pm
maybe this will be my last piece for a long time.
no! :smack:
:o
:lol:
too kind!
we will see what will happen...

:?: but who did the "thumbs up"?
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:34 am :?: but who did the "thumbs up"?
:hihi:
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

Beautiful music?

Tonal harmony, repetition, occasional surprices, generation and violation of patterns, generation and violation of expectations: Does that make it?

Here is a link to Aug result if anyone missed it

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=568504&sid=93b93ef ... 9150f9c923

harvon wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:34 pm
mountainmaster wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:23 pm I am working on a track with piano, guitar, drums and bass. The piano is essential but I cannot decide which of the others to drop. :(
I would use 4 instruments and accept the points reduction which it might cause.
I decided to drop the bass. The drums would have been a more logical choice perhaps, but I really like the piano and drums interaction in this track.

I've been plagued with issues on Windoze 10, constant freezing. I had boot into safe mode and run system file checker, it wasn't meant to be.....
ImageEdit I stupidly managed to install a program called
"Expresscache" that seems to be the culprit.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AT LAST!!!
Inspiration has finally struck :wheee: :hyper:
I need to do some cleanups, but in essence I have my entry :phew:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

tomtom1 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:32 am
More significantly, when trying to decide voting preferences it's much easier to flick between downloaded recordings than to faff {a highly technical term} about with all sorts of different streaming services :phones:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

folderol wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:57 am
tomtom1 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:32 am
More significantly, when trying to decide voting preferences it's much easier to flick between downloaded recordings than to faff {a highly technical term} about with all sorts of different streaming services :phones:

My old laptop doesn't have properly working speakers/soundcard.
I usually download all the entries (put on usb key) and listen in the car/basement
:shrug:

Laguna Rising wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:14 pm My old laptop doesn't have properly working speakers/soundcard.
I usually download all the entries (put on usb key) and listen in the car/basement
:shrug:
These are cheap and work OK. I find them thinner sounding than a Laptop's onboard sound card.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193574978248 ... %3A2334524

I might just skip the drum track this month . . .

FEAR

peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Return to “Music Cafe”