Went OTB - and then ITB again

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In the end, the products expose their worth in daily living. Did a synth make it to a track? If yes: Who cares if it was soft or hard, it worked. If not: Have you had fun playing it and experimenting, at least? If yes: Fun is priceless. If no: Well, I hope it looks cool at least, on the screen or in the studio.

Feed your muse, not the trolls.
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

-deleted-
Last edited by Uncle E on Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-deleted-

ITB or OTB highly depends on the $/€ factor. Then there is the convenience/fast workflow factor vs the extra personal joy of real knob twisting. I dunno man. I once had to put a hardware to rest as a Dinosaur upgrade to Zebra2. Urs made me do it, with his evil plan to dominate the world of software synths.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

-deleted-

well I came here because of reports from members :shrug:

However I will defend the NEEDS of those with unique cognitive abilities to the end of the world and back even if it means being overly extreme to the ultimate ridiculous level simply due to the complete ignorance that surrounds in it in what is suppose to be an enlightened society on this subject. This thread clearly shows the ignorance...dont like it? I really dont care...I care about the kids whose lives I make a difference in, many others didnt.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

@Hink: Can you then please explain why BONES can keep up his constant personal attacks for ages without any consequences on KVR?
I think I'm missing something here?
I see that it is his NEED to degrade and abuse others, I don't see how this makes a positive difference?
I'm confused.

I didn't report anybody, but somehow I don't get the idea.

Trauma can be healed, but an audio forum is the wrong place for it.
Especially if we're not talking about healing but about taking out adverse childhood experiences on others.
That doesn't help anybody.

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
Last edited by ThomasHelzle on Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

how dare you, he has unique cognitive abilities, after all! :shrug:
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Thing is, there is this thing called habituation effecting all of us. If a stimulus gets constant, the brain may sooner or later cease to react upon it and eventually ignore it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habituation

Like the ticking of a clock, which dissappears from perception. In relation to drugs, the body can stop reacting to a certain amount of the stuff untill you increase it again. In daily living it happens when we become indifference to the gear we own; when their looks, feel and sound do not longer ignite our muse. So we usually need variation sooner or later. I gave up the idea of a perfect studio decades ago because it will always change, quite naturally. And here comes the point: The more varied gear the world can offer, the better for the quest of turning our muses on again. Differences between soft and hard ain't weakness but an advantage because you may need the other if one starts to turn you off. The more variations, the more to keep us all going. All is good, said the man with the master plan. And no, that ain't Christ, but Odin as far I am concerned. :D
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

ThomasHelzle wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:21 pm @Hink: Can you then please explain why BONES can keep up his constant personal attacks for ages without any consequences on KVR?
I think I'm missing something here?
I see that it is his NEED to degrade and abuse others, I don't see how this makes a positive difference?
I'm confused.

I didn't report anybody, but somehow I don't get the idea.

Trauma can be healed, but an audio forum is the wrong place for it.
Especially if we're not talking about healing but about taking out adverse childhood experiences on others.
That doesn't help anybody.

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
listen, I am not really comfortable having a talk like this about him and not to him...I get people's concerns but I think we should establish a few things.

I do not care to ban, I have many good reasons for this but I wont go into them...I am surprised that this isn't in the pro column for me :hihi:

I agree with the you statements but a problem has come up on KvR where we get reports because BONES simply disagrees...I'm sorry bt many of those reports clearly cannot be the threshold.

I became a mod in 2016, BONES has been a member since basically the beginning and (no fault) a precedent has been well established that I have followed.

BONES has made more of an effort than most to try, he doesnt always but he actually responds much better to redirection than many that pop right into my head (like the things I get called, you have no clue...I had to shut off my PMs for months because of the abuse of long time supposed adult members NONE FROM BONES)...I applaud his effort.

and that snide comment about cognitive abilities below yours...that is actually more correct than perhaps was intended...there might be reasons BONES acts as he does. (that is not a statement of fact, it's a benefit of the doubt)

Moderator comes from the word moderate, KvR has a lot of members and we try to do the best we can...I am not the only mod, I gave you my reasoning and I would suggest if you think I am out of line and not doing my job please report me. Please keep in mind, I do believe in multiple chances, the benefit of the doubt.

"Trauma can be healed, but an audio forum is the wrong place for it.
That doesn't help anybody."

huh? How is an audio forum not the place to talk about instruments helping people deal with trauma? (I take exception to the fact that trauma can be healed)...I'm not sure what you are referring to "adverse childhood experiences"...in case there was a confusion caused by me, I work on the residence of a school/residence for children on the spectrum and specific behavior issues..I am a BHP (behaviorial health professional)...it isnt all trauma based but a lot of it is and a lot of the negative behavior is trauma related caused by ignorance.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

He is Australian tho....

@Hink
Of course banning is not the first choice, but like with TheoM back in the day, allowing a bully to have his way doesn't benefit the community in my book.
In your institution, I am sure you have all kinds of tools to make sure that a group isn't dominated by somebody acting out his or her issues to the detriment of everybody else.
Sure KVR can take some wild discussion, no problem with that. And I'm not referring to somebody disagreeing with someone. I refer to "You are a completely demented idiot" for using this or that controller or synth.

And sure, "moderate" shouldn't mean to go around and ban everybody, but I understand it as a tool to keep things civil.

Why I say that KVR is a bad place to heal trauma is because here we do not have a way to know who we are talking to or what the backstory is. Member pages don't contain a list of personal issues or how someone may use language.
I come to KVR to learn about interesting stuff in the audio world, not for abuse.

And I do not criticise you. I like your humor and knowing your background increases my respect for you.
I'm also fine with just keeping BONES muted to at least be spared the worst of it (although I still see the quotes).
But I often find it sad when a thread that started out really interesting and informative goes down in flames again for no other reason than personal issues of a specific person that shouting at others on KVR won't solve.

But I'll not pester you any more.
I was just curious what is happening here.

Peace, over and out,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

TribeOfHǫfuð wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:16 pm In the end, the products expose their worth in daily living. Did a synth make it to a track? If yes: Who cares if it was soft or hard, it worked. If not: Have you had fun playing it and experimenting, at least? If yes: Fun is priceless.
:tu: :clap:

At the end of the day,the focus should always be on the music and not on the tools...

How boring and unproductive would it be if a mechanic sat around all day staring at his spanner collection ? :wink:
No auto tune...

Uncle E wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:32 pm
DrGonzo wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:36 am I'm starting to wonder if people like myself who prefer being creative with specialized hardware have an unhealthy portion of ADD in them. I most certainly have an Alternative Paralysis disorder. Ask me to make 15 cool sounds with just a sine wave and a delay and I'll be over the project with gusto and passion, and I'll go places where I never though possible. Just thinking about it makes me excited :)

But give me Massive X and say "Hey Dude - make 15 sounds ok?" I'll probably finding myself going away to wash the dishes or cut the grass.
The smartest person I know is on the spectrum. He makes products enjoyed by BILLIONS of people and is richer than anyone on KVR. Utilize what makes you different.

Another person who can do more with sine waves + delays than Massive X is Brian Eno.
What does this even mean...it what context does this matter? If you do understand, then you understand the journey for those on the spectrum it's quite unique...that kid did amazing on AGT too...and people not on the spectrum are also good and bad at things, so? I work with different clients and guess what, each is different

I know kids on the spectrum who have extremely high iqs, they are proficient in technical stuff, some in art, some in math, some in reading, some things that go over many adults heads, but go into crisis because they cannot fold their underpants as neatly as their tshirt. :shrug:

Why do you think I use the term cognitive and physical abilities and omit the dis? The shortest distance between two points might be a straight line, but that isnt the only way to get there and while the other may seem weird to you, others might find it the better route.

You told me how sensitive this thread was, but in my line of work we would view that attitude (sort of whataboutism) as out of line, counterproductive, lacking understanding or empathy and as far from sensitive as it gets. We dont compare each individual against another, we are there to help them reach personal goals outlined to suit their individual needs. Each has their own coping skills based on their needs which is exactly what I am speaking of, and those coping skills are critical to the survival of the individual.

Hink wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:20 pm
I know kids on the spectrum who have extremely high iqs, they are proficient in technical stuff, some in art, some in math, some in reading, some things that go over many adults heads, but go into crisis because they cannot fold their underpants as neatly as their tshirt. :shrug:

The shortest distance between two points might be a straight line, but that isnt the only way to get there and while the other may seem weird to you, others might find it the better route.
:tu: :clap: :hug:
No auto tune...

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”