IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
KVRAF
9018 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Post Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:47 am

jimgue wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:24 pm
gerk wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:10 pm
Well, that's it... I own everything in the GB. Now I am buying things I already own from bundles or have licenses I can resell later.
Didn't think that was allowed/possible :?
Imagine this scenario:

1. You already own Black76 and nothing else from IK
2. You purchase MODO Drums in the group buy
3. You sell your Black76 license for $10 (plus whatever the cost of the transfer if any - not sure what IK's policy is)
4. In the Promotions tab, you select Black76 as one of your 15 products (Note: it's now NFR)

...that should be totally possible within the rules of the Group Buy.

KVRian
632 posts since 27 Nov, 2017 from CO, USA

Post Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:54 am

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:43 am
Yeah I mentioned this earlier in the thread. It leaves the installers there after installation, there should definitely be a setting to delete them automatically after install. I cleared out about 20gb the other day after I noticed by accident all those files.
the toontrack installer tells you the size of the installers it hasn't deleted and let's you delete them from within the installer with one click

KVRAF
2675 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Post Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:39 pm

LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:59 pm
DCrown wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:49 pm
If you re-sold and transfered a plugin that is listed to be qualified for group buy, would the buyer qualify for group buy?
No, transferred licenses don't qualify for the group buy.
It might be difficult even if you could, because you have to wait 90 days after purchase before you can transfer eligible items from your account.
Windows10; plugins from AAS, Ableton, AIR, Ample, Arturia, Cakewalk, Cherry, DiscoDSP, Fathom, IKM, Initial, iZotope, KV331, NI, PluginGuru, PreSonus, Surge, TAL, Tone2, Toontrack, Tracktion, u-he, UJAM, UVI, Vital, Waves, XLN ...

KVRist
147 posts since 26 Jun, 2010

Post Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:49 pm

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:47 am
jimgue wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:24 pm
gerk wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:10 pm
Well, that's it... I own everything in the GB. Now I am buying things I already own from bundles or have licenses I can resell later.
Didn't think that was allowed/possible :?
Imagine this scenario:

1. You already own Black76 and nothing else from IK
2. You purchase MODO Drums in the group buy
3. You sell your Black76 license for $10 (plus whatever the cost of the transfer if any - not sure what IK's policy is)
4. In the Promotions tab, you select Black76 as one of your 15 products (Note: it's now NFR)

...that should be totally possible within the rules of the Group Buy.
How about this scenario?

1.You already own Modo Bass (fully paid for) and have many other IK stuff over $99.
2. You buy a qualifying $199 product and select Modo Bass crossgrade as a freebie.
3. Can you later sell the original Modo Bass (and still have the freebie version)? Or does the freebie NFR version make the original unable to be sold?

KVRist
97 posts since 1 Jul, 2021

Post Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:55 pm

You can not select what you you already own afaik. Every plugin I already own is greyed out and can't be selected

KVRAF
2345 posts since 23 Dec, 2002

Post Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:06 pm

I appreciate creativity and economizing but why are we trying to game something that is already an incredible value? You buy in and as of today you get 15 free products and likely a few more before it is through. If all of us turn into resellers of IK gear that would put IK in direct competition with its customers and that just won't sustain a company. They do well, we do well. It is kind of how it works with this promotion. My two bits. Likely unwelcomed but it is how I see it.

KVRAF
5348 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Hanover, Germany

Post Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:07 pm

Well said :tu:

KVRer
2 posts since 7 May, 2015

Post Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:19 pm

ditto Scotty!

KVRAF
9996 posts since 2 Sep, 2003 from Surrey, UK

Post Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:24 pm

From a couple of hours ago:

DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

KVRAF
9996 posts since 2 Sep, 2003 from Surrey, UK

Post Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:30 pm

monomox wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:37 am
yesterday I cleaned 15 GB from the IK Product Manager folder in my hard drive... sounds like a design flaw, no?
It may come in handy, but that's a lot of bloat
today there's another AT5 update and that's another 2.4 GB... I mean, it's not a lot of work to move that stuff (or delete), but the program does not notify you that it's storing all the installers, I just happened to notice the bloat in that folder by chance
Nope, automatic deletion was not implemented, by design. That way you can back-up the Sounds Library downloads, so that you do not need to download them again. Remember the fun to be had with Native Access which did (still does?) automatically delete the downloads after use.

However, a reminder in the IK Product Manager would be useful.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

KVRAF
9340 posts since 12 May, 2008

Post Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:03 pm

DarkStar wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:30 pm
monomox wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:37 am
yesterday I cleaned 15 GB from the IK Product Manager folder in my hard drive... sounds like a design flaw, no?
It may come in handy, but that's a lot of bloat
today there's another AT5 update and that's another 2.4 GB... I mean, it's not a lot of work to move that stuff (or delete), but the program does not notify you that it's storing all the installers, I just happened to notice the bloat in that folder by chance
Nope, automatic deletion was not implemented, by design. That way you can back-up the Sounds Library downloads, so that you do not need to download them again. Remember the fun to be had with Native Access which did (still does?) automatically delete the downloads after use.

However, a reminder in the IK Product Manager would be useful.
Or an OPTION per product.
System: Windows 10, Dell XPS 2-in-1, Bitwig 3, Steinberg UR44.

KVRist
188 posts since 19 Jul, 2014

Post Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:57 pm

Would someone here please advise me how to move the Syntronik (which I already own) now that I have Sampletank 3 & just purchased Sampletank 4. I thought it would be easy, but even if I leave the syntronik instruments in the Sampletank 3 folders (exactly copied from their original spot) Pointing the Syntronik instance to the Sampletank 3 or its Instruments folder winds up as "not recognized". Opening IK Manager is suggesting I re-download the files (for a fee). I have the downloads, and I also have the actual file structure of Sampletank 3. But if I can't point Syntronik to the contents, how can I have my pudding?

KVRian
585 posts since 31 Oct, 2009

Post Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:22 pm

A little public service warning in case someone didn't catch this like me.

A little rant to let off steam. Mostly my fault in hindsight, so not really completely mad at them as much as myself I guess. But definitely disappointed. I don't like complainers any more than the next guy but it feels good to get it out there at least once. Seems it's the fine print that seems to piss me off the most with these companies. Well, here goes:

So I bought AXE I/O (full version, not the solo version) and Amplitube Max 5 believing that qualified me for the group buy. Nope!

I even asked them beforehand via email and the way they worded their reply upon quick glance I didn't catch the n before or. "The AXE IO nor AmpliTube 5 MAX will qualify for the Group Buy promotion."

I read that as "The Axe I/O or Amplitube 5 Max will qualify you for the group buy promotion."

Typically in proper English we use "Neither" as well when using nor as in "Neither this nor that" to ensure the reader catches the 'n'. But their Italian and I'm the native English speaker so I guess it's on me for missing it.

(Now I understand why they only answered with that one sentence and totally didn't answer my additional questions about confirming they would honor the gb even if the device took a long time to arrive.)

I remember seeing Amplitube 5 in the qualified products so thought I was good. After all, how could I spend MORE for Max and it doesn't qualify? I was believing for sure that was not the case. And bought an interface too. Their top of the line one at that! Turns out the MAX version of Amplutube doesn't qualify. Jeesh. Can't win for lose every time I buy from IK. It's always some minor technicality. I told myself I'd never buy another GB from them (I've bought 2-3 times in the past 15 years) and always ultimately realize it's not quite the value I'm thinking it is. As the smart shopper should have only ever bought one $99 product and then TSMAX3. That's the best value and available to even new customers. Loyalty doesn't count as much as you'd believe with IK. But this GB seemed a great deal. And it is. If you're very careful.

1. This time hardware does not qualify. I'm used to it counting from past GBs. I didn't take notice.
2. Standard and Max versions are different and you cannot assume buying the more expensive version qualifies you.

So, in the end I guess it was my fault for reading their reply too quickly. Sigh.

So now I have a 15th interface on the way (eventually when the backorder is fulfilled) that I don't really need, spent an additional $300 and am still not in the GB. Fun times.

This is what I get for being too busy with work to read forum threads these days and quadruple validate fine details.

Well, I hope the AXE I/O is as great as it's marketed to be and I love it enough to make up for my mistake here. I have a ton of guitars and other gear so hopefully I'll truly love it. I will say they have improved their quality over the years and do seem to be taking input over time as well to improve how they do things. I hope all this inflow of cash leads to more improvement and longevity for the company and therefore further backs my investment. I've especially loved to see how much Peter has supported the KVR community over the years as well. I remember contacting him WAY back about a purchase and he was great even then when just starting out about 15 years or so ago?

So now I have to decide to spend yet another $112+ to still get in the GB. I'm down to $50 in jampoints left though so might be a bit more in total.

Anyway, can someone confirm if buying the gear credits and SampleTron 2 with them via the custom shop is this still a working method? I thought I saw someone saying gear credits or sampetron aren't appearing anymore? I don't have time these days to read every post of these big threads. Thanks guys.

PS, Also having Amplitube 5 Max hasn't ticked all the boxes in CS nor the IK product manager as I'd hoped. (Which is why I'd bothered to go for the interface with Max in the first place.) Not yet anyway. Even after registering the serial for A5Max. In fact it isn't showing A5Max as owned in the product manager for me at all. In CS it now shows I have the upgrade to it, yet many little pedals and amps/cabs still show unchecked. But when you click on it, it says it's already included in A5 and A5 max. I guess I have to open a ticket with them to get it all to appear.

Okay. Rant over. Moving on. Spending more again today most likely to try again to get in the GB.

KVRian
562 posts since 12 Mar, 2002 from Sacramento, CA

Post Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:40 pm

Sorry you got bit like that. The Group Buy page does say MAX products aren't included, and none of them are listed as qualifying purchases, but you're far from the only person to assume that "AmpliTube 5 MAX" is "AmpliTube 5 + more stuff" and so would count as "AmpliTube 5" qualifying, at least. They could make that less confusing.

I can confirm that buying Gear Credits and buying a qualifying product in the Custom Shop will enter you in the group buy, at whatever price level the qualifying product shows up for you. I did it with AmpliTube 5 so I'm as confident as I can be that it'll work for SampleTron 2 as well. You should be able to get the SampleTron 2 Crossgrade for 200 Gear Credits and be entered in the Group Buy at the $199.99 tier. The only "catch" worth noting is that products you buy in the Custom Shop can't be resold.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

KVRAF
3861 posts since 15 Aug, 2003 from seattle

Post Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:30 pm

Ceej wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:40 pm
Sorry you got bit like that. The Group Buy page does say MAX products aren't included, and none of them are listed as qualifying purchases, but you're far from the only person to assume that "AmpliTube 5 MAX" is "AmpliTube 5 + more stuff" and so would count as "AmpliTube 5" qualifying, at least. They could make that less confusing.

I can confirm that buying Gear Credits and buying a qualifying product in the Custom Shop will enter you in the group buy, at whatever price level the qualifying product shows up for you. I did it with AmpliTube 5 so I'm as confident as I can be that it'll work for SampleTron 2 as well. You should be able to get the SampleTron 2 Crossgrade for 200 Gear Credits and be entered in the Group Buy at the $199.99 tier. The only "catch" worth noting is that products you buy in the Custom Shop can't be resold.
This is how I did it. I bought 300 gear credits for $225 - 30% Jam points I had cam in at $158, then bought in at $199 and $99.

As far as Custom Shop stuff not being able to be resold, if I recall correctly you have to buy a $20 license transfer credit for each item you sell nomally, and I'm not at all sure how that would work with the group buy since none of the "promotional" for the price of etc. items are transferable. I don't know if technically you lose them if you sell the original purchase? So I just treat IK stuff as not transferable.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”