Producing Music In Reverse - Cheating ?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Scenario A - you compose and arrange a song, and then fire up the DAW, and record it.

Scenario B - you arrange a song in the DAW, with no preconceived ideas, using all the resources of a modern DAW at your disposal.

Scenario C - some combination of A and B

For me, scenario C is, by far, the most satisfying method, and usually gets the "best" result.
Prestissimo in Moto Perpetuo

Hink wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:39 pm
Michael L wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:57 pm Will you lose weight & become younger?
...you will lose weight when you become older
Unless I cheat and produce music in reverse, back to the future, yesno?
Last edited by Michael L on Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

if it works tell me...plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:35 am ? doing yourself find you something that Is . challenge / task or process whole the cheating I'm like feels
It . doing myself found often have I something it's but ..music of piece a producing when DAW a in work to way strange a It's

Producing music in reverse is simply creating one main verse and subsequently working backwards in the composition, creating an intro-verse followed by an ending of the first verse in which it leads into and that and then the beginning of the track itself. It allows for a complete picture of the composition, just like when you paint a picture from the centre of the canvas. I then switch back to the main section and follow that up as I continue on with the rest of the track. Because I have worked out the core of what the track is, I'm then able to bring the elements from the first part of the track to the ending of the track so elements fit. I may create a track that fits at either end of the main track that's entirely different, which is often the case in film production type tracks.

These techniques were those that I used on the track.... S_Y_T_R_O_P_H_I_A_
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:22 pm Producing music in reverse is simply creating one main verse and subsequently working backwards in the composition, creating an intro-verse followed by an ending of the first verse in which it leads into and that and then the beginning of the track itself. It allows for a complete picture of the composition, just like when you paint a picture from the centre of the canvas. I then switch back to the main section and follow that up as I continue on with the rest of the track. Because I have worked out the core of what the track is, I'm then able to bring the elements from the first part of the track to the ending of the track so elements fit. I may create a track that fits at either end of the main track that's entirely different, which is often the case in film production type tracks.

It's not cheating.
If that's cheating, then using music theory to compose a song also cheating.

Some people produce music to convey a message, some express feelings, some just want to make interesting sound, some want to make money/became famous, some even use calculators and math equation to making music to experiement.
There are many ways to produce music

vurt wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:07 pm i do have a friend "oops sorry dave" who got the nickname after shooting in a girls hair as she knelt down and unzipped him.
Was that a gun in his pocket, or was he just glad to be unzipped :-P
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:22 pm Producing music in reverse is simply ...
... entirely something different than anybody else ever thought of, and nothing special imho.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:22 pm Producing music in reverse is simply creating one main verse and subsequently working backwards in the composition, creating an intro-verse followed by an ending of the first verse in which it leads into and that and then the beginning of the track itself. It allows for a complete picture of the composition, just like when you paint a picture from the centre of the canvas. I then switch back to the main section and follow that up as I continue on with the rest of the track. Because I have worked out the core of what the track is, I'm then able to bring the elements from the first part of the track to the ending of the track so elements fit. I may create a track that fits at either end of the main track that's entirely different, which is often the case in film production type tracks.

wha-da-hell are yo twying ta say-ee? 8)

Kinh wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:51 am wha-da-hell are yo twying ta say-ee? 8)
Just that he created a track.... S_Y_T_R_O_P_H_I_A_

BertKoor wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:50 am
Kinh wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:51 am wha-da-hell are yo twying ta say-ee? 8)
Just that he created a track.... S_Y_T_R_O_P_H_I_A_
Almost, but not quite, the fear of styrofoam, allegedly.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... tyrophobia

THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:22 pm Producing music in reverse is simply creating one main verse and subsequently working backwards in the composition, creating an intro-verse followed by an ending of the first verse in which it leads into and that and then the beginning of the track itself. ...
Mmmm ... that's just a "pattern-based" way of composing. All pattern-based DAWs
support exactly this approach: Ableton Live, Bitwig, ...

Because "pattern-based" just means: You first create an overflowing "pattern" in which
all parts of the song are already present. And then by copying this pattern and muting
individual tracks of the pattern, you create all parts of the song: intro, verse, chorus,
break, etc..

So nothing special. In fact, I would say that 90% of EDM composers do it this way.
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

every singer-song-writer with a guitar/piano in history wrote:Hey I found this riff!!
Let's extend it to a full song...

Backward DAW.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Don't know about EDM, but that's how you produce old school metal.
Natas liah lla!

Return to “Production Techniques”