What do you listen to your instruments on?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

What do you listen to your VSTi instruments on?

Laptop speakers
3%
Blue Tooth speaker
No votes
Low end computer speakers
1%
Average computer speakers
4%
High fidelity computer speakers
1%
Professional Monitor computer speakers
3%
THX computer speakers
1%
5.1 computer speakers
2%
Headphones
29%
Earbuds
3%
Home stereo speaker system
3%
Surround Sound home theater type system
2%
Passive studio monitors
5%
Active studio monitors
34%
Recording studio, in wall, mixing monitors
0%
Amplified PA type speakers
1%
TV
0%
a potato
6%

Total votes: 217

RELATED
PRODUCTS

What do you listen to your instruments on?

The accurate answer is a pair of JBL 104's (non-BT) that I recently bought. Before that it was a pair of Eris 3.5s, which I used to mix and master our last two albums. I have a few decent pairs of headphones, including a proper pair of AKGs, but I don't like using headphones and I don't need to any more, because I can listen as loud as I like as late into the night as I feel like. e.g. Last night I still had my speakers running flat out at 1:30am and 20m down the marina you can barely hear anything.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I also listen on BONES's JBL 104s.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I use Yamaha HS7 as monitors and DT 990 Pro headphones. I like both of them and I would replace them with HS8 and the same phones if they are damaged one day.

For listening to music, YouTube, games ... etc, I also use a cheap Logitech speakers with sub (z313). They are surprisingly good with a deeper bass than my HS7! But the HS7 have more details in mid and high frequency of course. Anyway, I listen with low to mid volume usually on all of them.

EnGee wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:57 am I use Yamaha HS7 as monitors and DT 990 Pro headphones. I like both of them and I would replace them with HS8 and the same phones if they are damaged one day.

For listening to music, YouTube, games ... etc, I also use a cheap Logitech speakers with sub (z313). They are surprisingly good with a deeper bass than my HS7! But the HS7 have more details in mid and high frequency of course. Anyway, I listen with low to mid volume usually on all of them.
I use the DT 990 Pro's for close listening, and I use AKG 141 Mk2's for the actual production, but I miss my HS80M's , they are boxed in another room as I simply don't have space here, but when I move next year I will be doing that, so I can't wait for the three points of reference.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:08 am
EnGee wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:57 am I use Yamaha HS7 as monitors and DT 990 Pro headphones. I like both of them and I would replace them with HS8 and the same phones if they are damaged one day.

I use the DT 990 Pro's for close listening, and I use AKG 141 Mk2's for the actual production, but I miss my HS80M's , they are boxed in another room as I simply don't have space here, but when I move next year I will be doing that, so I can't wait for the three points of reference.
The HS80M/HS8 are good. I should have bought them instead. Anyway, I might add a sub in the near future, although my music is not bass heavy. The problem is I don't hear/feel the bass clearly on HS7.

95% I listen on my Focal Shape 50s and for headphones I use the AKG702s.

I use a potato, but put carrots in my ears when it gets late so I don't wake the neighbors.

A chair

Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro
Monitors: JBL LSR305

A pair of Event Opal and a potato when I just need to enjoy music as it needs to be enjoyed.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

I use a oscilloscope and potatoes so i am sure that each instrument sounds like the real deal.
Not so interested in the Song/Melody only that it looks perfect on the oscilloscope :hihi:

Genelec 8020a monitors I've had for years with the matching 7050B subwoofer and HD 660S headhones.

my nads.

vurt wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:19 pmmy nads.
These ones?
;)

Return to “Instruments”