Far Beyond - Cinematic Orchestral Album

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
KVRist
123 posts since 15 May, 2016

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:57 am

Hi folks,
As a way of marking half a decade since I've started composing cinematic orchestral music, I've decided to remaster 15 older public tracks of mine and release them as my very first full length album! The main difference in sound (most noticeably in the compositions that are already 4 or 5 years old) is that I've attempted to deal with some issues such as lack of low end, excessive muddiness, (very) nasty resonances around 3k and 2k Hz, among others. The track styles are fairly diverse, ranging from sentimental to gloomy, but I tried to maintain a certain level of sonic coherence throughout the album. Even though the compositions are a bit old by now, I would still appreciate any feedback you can provide on the music. Cheers! :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk8eq0z4Vis

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:41 am

As posts rarely go unanswered here, I suppose the whole album was a bit too long for most people to listen to... As such, I'm also sharing a shorter, 20 mins long, selection of the album made my Epic Music World. Once again, feedback would be much appreciated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSHCcdqOZbA

KVRian
561 posts since 29 Feb, 2004 from Toronto

Post Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:58 am

Phew, gets a little epic in there :) True, I don't have time for the full album but I enjoyed the above pieces. Musically it was nice, if not a little predictable at times (though what genre isn't when done 'correctly'). Sonically there are fizzy issues for me, gets a little tiring after a while. Enjoyed overall.
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:11 am

Morgaxx wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:58 am
Phew, gets a little epic in there :) True, I don't have time for the full album but I enjoyed the above pieces. Musically it was nice, if not a little predictable at times (though what genre isn't when done 'correctly'). Sonically there are fizzy issues for me, gets a little tiring after a while. Enjoyed overall.
Thanks for the comment, Morgaxx! Could you please explain what were the main issues with the sound for you?

Return to “Music Cafe”