IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
KVRist
32 posts since 8 Mar, 2021

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:02 pm

Ceej wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:49 am
kevingham wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:36 am
OK... I've been watching YouTube videos today about Modo Bass after seeing it won the KVR Reader awards last year (and probably will this year too). It looks ace and really great to make Dub/Reggae Bass lines with. So, if I buy this for 299Euoros....Recomendations/tips/etc?
Don't spend 299 EUR...

Since it sounds like you're a new customer, a brief recap. There are two "best" entry points into the group buy:

* $170 - buy "ARC System 3 (Software only)", using the coupon code GROOVE3IKM. That will qualify you for almost all the best products, because you'll now qualify for Crossgrade pricing which brings most of them down to $200. The big thing you wouldn't get here is T-RackS 5 Deluxe, but you can get T-RackS 5 plus several extra processors since we're up to 16 freebies now.

* $191 - slightly more complicated, but gets you T-RackS 5 Deluxe (and makes Syntronik 5 Deluxe available as a freebie if you want it). Buy "300 Gear Credits" on IK's site, using the coupon code GROOVE3IKM again. Then download and install your free T-RackS 5 CS. Open up the Custom Shop app on your computer, and use the 300 credits to buy T-RackS 5 Deluxe. Now you're in the group buy and can get 16 more things valued $300 or less.
I got a question as a fellow newbie :)
if I buy the 300 Credits on the IK Multimedia Site, that doesn't qualify me, right? (since it isn't in the qualifying products)
so I can purchase tracks deluxe for those 300 points and it counts as a 299 part of the GB, even though, I spent 199? AND even though I "purchased" it through the CS?

and lastly: are you 100% sure you qualify for the GB this way?

thanks in advance! :hihi: :)

edit
because:
"CAN I USE MY JAMPOINTS REWARD DISCOUNT TO PURCHASE QUALIFYING SOFTWARE?
Yes, loyal users can use their JamPoints when purchasing from the IK Online Store. JamPoints can also be used in the Custom Shop providing the payment is not made with Gear Credits."

KVRian
526 posts since 12 Mar, 2002 from Sacramento, CA

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:38 pm

twasq wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:02 pm
Ceej wrote:
* $191 - slightly more complicated, but gets you T-RackS 5 Deluxe (and makes Syntronik 5 Deluxe available as a freebie if you want it). Buy "300 Gear Credits" on IK's site, using the coupon code GROOVE3IKM again. Then download and install your free T-RackS 5 CS. Open up the Custom Shop app on your computer, and use the 300 credits to buy T-RackS 5 Deluxe. Now you're in the group buy and can get 16 more things valued $300 or less.
if I buy the 300 Credits on the IK Multimedia Site, that doesn't qualify me, right? (since it isn't in the qualifying products)
Only buying 300 credits will not qualify you, correct.
so I can purchase tracks deluxe for those 300 points and it counts as a 299 part of the GB, even though, I spent 199? AND even though I "purchased" it through the CS?
That's correct. It doesn't matter what you actually spend; what matters is the MSRP of the qualifying product you buy.

It's fine to buy in the Custom Shop; that's specifically mentioned in the FAQ on the Group Buy page.

because:
Yes, loyal users can use their JamPoints when purchasing from the IK Online Store. JamPoints can also be used in the Custom Shop providing the payment is not made with Gear Credits."
That's saying you can't use JamPoints along with Gear Credits to buy something. Like, if you have 250 Gear Credits and 50 JamPoints, you couldn't combine them. However, using JamPoints to lower the cost of Gear Credits and then using Gear Credits to buy a product is just fine. Yep, I'm 100% sure, since I've done it and seen dozens of others do it. You're good. :)
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

KVRAF
3746 posts since 15 Aug, 2003 from seattle

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:39 pm

twasq wrote:

thanks in advance! :hihi: :)

edit
because:
Yes.
I had $87 in Jam points, I bought 300 Gear Credits at $225 and used the 30% you can use from Jam points to get it to $158 out of pocket. I then bought into the sale twice, at $199 and $99 respectively.

KVRist
305 posts since 18 Apr, 2008

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:57 pm

People planning to use gear credits should make sure the software they want for the initial purchase is available in the custom shop. You can do this by downloading the custom shop to your computer and taking a look.

KVRian
579 posts since 31 Oct, 2009

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:10 pm

I was able to buy into the GB by buying 200 gear credits with jampoints for $112. I chose Sampletron 2 as my main product and that gave me the 16 freebies.

Now that I've gotten my head back in the game with how IK does things it kinda all makes sense. But they do need to simplify and streamline some things. Luckily someone posted a link on how to get the missing Sampletank items downloaded. The answer I got back from IK after two days was,

"You can use either the IK Product Manager "Sounds" tab or your User Area on ikmultimedia.com to download your sound content."

Well the product manager said it had downloaded everything but I was missing a bunch of Sampletank items even though I owned Total Studio 2 Max it was not downloading the older items from Sampletank 3 it seems, like London grooves and a bunch of drum packs, etc. Again, luckily a member above had posted a link to their answer page for this problem which was spot on.

I do have to say that I'm impressed with both the quality and quantity I received for this $112 and I look forward to receiving my AXE I/O someday to see how much the Hi-Z input resistance adjustment and their overall design potentially give a boost to Amplitube's realistic-ness and sound quality.

You really can't be upset with this deal considering the quantity given and the quality these days they have on offer. They do keep improving. So that's nice to see.

Thanks to everyone for their help with comprehending the deep mess that is IK's methods. I look forward to them continuing their process improvements in the coming years to remove these user struggles and bring improved clarity and simplicity.

PS, does anyone know if I buy T-Racks again as a freebie, does that increase my available authorization count? I'm down to 5 on that one from long gone computers and wonder how I can get my authorization quantity back up to 10.

KVRian

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:55 pm

You can just write to IK support about the authorization count. It can be reset if you've "lost" the old computers.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

KVRian
579 posts since 31 Oct, 2009

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:57 pm

Thanks Ceej. Always appreciate your quality replies.
Yes, those were old PCs with old Windows installs/reinstalls I've done since and never realize I need to deauthorize everytime I do a refresh. Which is like annually at least with Windows to keep everything from bogging down. Appreciate it.

KVRAF
8021 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:22 pm

Bradster wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:34 am
SLiC wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:15 am
So, now up to 8 free products I cant redeem as I have everything in the offer :-( Wish they would put some new stuff in or let us have jam points or gear credit or something for them, or even let us give them away! Seems such a waste!
I'm in exactly the same boat. Those who benefit the most from this GB obviously are the ones who don't already own a lot of IKMM tiles or one of the TS bundles. My earliest registration was 2005. Gaaak.

I know a few people on here have asked for Resonator to be made available as a freebie. Perhaps that would inspire more buy-ins?
resonator would be cool, even the new pedals in A5…

It would be nice if IK gave something to loyal customers who had already paid a lot of money to buy their software before the giveaway…
PC, Studio One, BWS, Live (+PUSH2), FL Studio, Renoise, Reason, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths (Summit, Hydrasynth, DM12, P8), A4 + RYTM, MPC Live, Poly Tracker, Eurorack, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and Pedals

KVRist

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:30 pm

Ceej wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:38 pm
twasq wrote:
Ceej wrote:
Only buying 300 credits will not qualify you, correct.
That's correct. It doesn't matter what you actually spend; what matters is the MSRP of the qualifying product you buy.

It's fine to buy in the Custom Shop; that's specifically mentioned in the FAQ on the Group Buy page.

because:
That's saying you can't use JamPoints along with Gear Credits to buy something. Like, if you have 250 Gear Credits and 50 JamPoints, you couldn't combine them. However, using JamPoints to lower the cost of Gear Credits and then using Gear Credits to buy a product is just fine. Yep, I'm 100% sure, since I've done it and seen dozens of others do it. You're good. :)
Thank you so much! x)

Just One last:
Since i own Tracks one, Tracks Deluxe is displayed gor 299 to me. If I Buy it for like 200 with gear credits, for what Price do I qualify? Is the MSRP 299 them?

KVRian

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:37 pm

twasq wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:30 pm
Just One last:
Since i own Tracks one, Tracks Deluxe is displayed gor 299 to me. If I Buy it for like 200 with gear credits, for what Price do I qualify? Is the MSRP 299 them?
T-RackS Deluxe doesn't have any kind of Upgrade or Crossgrade price. It's $299.99 for everybody, or 300 Gear Credits. You'll qualify for any freebies under $299.99.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

KVRist
188 posts since 5 Sep, 2017

Post Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:03 am

16666 entries… pretty cool number ;)

KVRist

Post Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:24 am

Ceej wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:37 pm
twasq wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:30 pm
Just One last:
T-RackS Deluxe doesn't have any kind of Upgrade or Crossgrade price. It's $299.99 for everybody, or 300 Gear Credits. You'll qualify for any freebies under $299.99.
Thank you so much! This means I can get Philharmony as a freebie I love you mate : )

KVRist

Post Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:00 am

JohnRosso wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:03 am
16666 entries… pretty cool number ;)
16 Times satan 😁

KVRAF
6563 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Down the Withywindle

Post Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:09 am

I put in 260€ with jampoints, for 2 entries. Didn't really try to game it, we don't do Paypal in any case. Just Amplitube 5 with all the add-ons was worth it to me. I've had many hours of fun and inspiration with that. My Gretsch 12 string sounds gorgeous through a custom Leslie patch. Works well with the Fender collections as well, and even a cleaned up Orange. My fave is my Leslie patch, though.
"We're an Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune"

Dennis.

KVRist
188 posts since 5 Sep, 2017

Post Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:17 am

Oh, did i miss something… IK can extend promotion through October!

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”