Overloud Gem Mod Dimension for FREE

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:37 pm
Aloysius wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:25 pm Because it's an instrument not a cabbage?
Except it's an effect plugin. Not an instrument. So it belongs in the Effects forum.
The choice is instrument or gabbage. Choose your poison.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Autobot wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:39 pm
Aloysius wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:25 pm Because it's an instrument not a cabbage?
:o Maybe that's the reason why you wonder about phase issues? :oops:
Some people think DAWs are instruments.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

MattiaSanti wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:38 pm Hi,
it seems that Overloud is giving away 1000 copies a day for one week of their new plug-in named Gem MOD.
Thanks for the head up. :tu:

Got my license which surprised me since I thought 1000 licenses would be gone in an instant.

Will give Gem Mod a good tryout later today...... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

let me know if you like it! i'm using it with my guitar and i can't stop playing ahaha

Autobot wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:53 pm
MattiaSanti wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:21 pm
Autobot wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:13 pm can this be authorized without an internet connection?
yes of course. You can download the software (obliviously via internet) and then you can authorize the plug-in with a USB Stick.
I've downloaded the installer and I got a serial number but this is not enough unfortunately.
I think it's additionally tied to a kinda machine-id? So the USB needs to be plugged in all the time?
The instructions on the Overloud website is confusing me :lol:
https://www.overloud.com/node/356

Would be interesting to compare this to the Arturia's offering, which I unfortunately do not have.

Scarlet Pumpernickel wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:07 pm Would be interesting to compare this to the Arturia's offering, which I unfortunately do not have.
I'm doing that right now and to be honest I like them both. The Arturia sounds a bit darker perhaps more "classic" to me but the Gem Mod has a much wider range of tones and has more wideness even without increasing the stereo knob.

Having both makes perfect sense to me as they each have their own character that will come in useful at various times.

Just to see what happened I ran the Gem Mod into the JUN-6 with a single saw wave init patch and the resulting sound was so rich I'm probably in a higher tax bracket now..... :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

sounds very similar to logic's stock Ensemble. But ensemble is pretty cool so...

THis plugin made my day. Excellent in making big sounding vocal

Hehe, on the 12 string electric after the amp - instant Johnny Marr.

Now, if I could just do the picking as well.... :cry:

donkey tugger wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:51 pm Hehe, on the 12 string electric after the amp - instant Johnny Marr.

Now, if I could just do the picking as well.... :cry:
Yeah, that's the hard part. Love that dude's guitar work in The Smith's. Will try this dimension model out for some jangle later. I know live Marr was using CE-2's (at least in the early days) but it never occurred me that it could've been a Dimension D in the studio. He was also notorious for overdubbing, so who knows what you're actually hearing! :lol:

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:24 pm He was also notorious for overdubbing, so who knows what you're actually hearing! :lol:
The Headmaster Ritual! How many f**king guitars? :lol:

Aloysius wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:53 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:37 pm
Except it's an effect plugin. Not an instrument. So it belongs in the Effects forum.
The choice is instrument or gabbage. Choose your poison.
I knew some people who were vegetarians for a while. They said it was just a phase.

metalifuxx wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:57 pm I knew some people who were vegetarians for a while. They said it was just a phase.
i've been vegetarian for 35 years (including 16 years as a Vegan) ... deffo not a phase. :P

Nice freebie from Overloud thanks to BPB :tu:

[edit]
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”