Overloud Gem Mod Dimension for FREE

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Setup was unable to create the directory C:\ProgramData\Overloud\Gem Mod. :help: :help: :help:

Make sure if you have Ransomware protection enabled on your security suite it's not blocking access to the Program Data folder.

Gem Mod installed fine here on two separate systems. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:23 pm
Aloysius wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:54 pm Some people think DAWs are instruments.
Some people think Wave Editors are DAWs ...
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=570865&p=8218246#p8218246

:shrug:
Waveform is Tracktion's new name and it has been a DAW since V1. And you didn't even get it's name straight as you called it "Wavepad" in your utterly nonsensical reply. Get sober asap is my advice for you.

(by the way: am I the only one noticing that for some strange reason there's an awful lot of audio-related products and companies with "Wave" or "Waves" in their name? There's also Waves and Korg's Wavestation and Wavesfactory and Wave Arts and who knows what else... so confusing! That surely must be a conspiracy of sorts... :hihi:)
Last edited by jens on Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

i am a second hand vegetarian... the cow eats grass... i eat the cow

p.s. i am NEVER out of phrase
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

jens wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:35 pm Get sober asap is my advice for you.
Don't be so judgemental is my advice for you jens. It was a genuine mistake, and I have been sober for many years (I don't drink alcohol) YMMV

Teksonik wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:28 pm Make sure if you have Ransomware protection enabled on your security suite it's not blocking access to the Program Data folder.

No ransomware protection. Tried different ways from the net but nothing seems to work. :dog:

Daimonicon wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:31 pm
Teksonik wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:28 pm Make sure if you have Ransomware protection enabled on your security suite it's not blocking access to the Program Data folder.

No ransomware protection. Tried different ways from the net but nothing seems to work. :dog:
Did you install as Administrator? ... it installed fine here, but their other freebie (the GEM EQ) couldn't find my VST3 folder for some reason.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:27 pm
Daimonicon wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:31 pm

Did you install as Administrator? ... it installed fine here, but their other freebie (the GEM EQ) couldn't find my VST3 folder for some reason.
Yes I tried as admin too but didn't help. I give up for tonight. I really need to sleep and see if I can find a solution tomorrow.

I like it :tu:

btw: I couldn't get it to connect to the net for activation via the VST2.4 or the Stand alone, had to activate it via the VST3 version. Probably it's something on my end, just thought to mention it if anyone has any trouble.

donkey tugger wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:51 pm Hehe, on the 12 string electric after the amp - instant Johnny Marr.

Now, if I could just do the picking as well.... :cry:
i've tried the same with my 12 string hahaha

Daimonicon wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:24 pm Setup was unable to create the directory C:\ProgramData\Overloud\Gem Mod. :help: :help: :help:
Have you resolve the problem?

MattiaSanti wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:10 pm
Autobot wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:53 pm
MattiaSanti wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:21 pm
Autobot wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:13 pm can this be authorized without an internet connection?
yes of course. You can download the software (obliviously via internet) and then you can authorize the plug-in with a USB Stick.
I've downloaded the installer and I got a serial number but this is not enough unfortunately.
I think it's additionally tied to a kinda machine-id? So the USB needs to be plugged in all the time?
The instructions on the Overloud website is confusing me :lol:
https://www.overloud.com/node/356
Well I found that page by myself. Still not smarter than before. Does the removable USB device need to be plugged in all the time?
rabbit in a hole

Autobot wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:58 am
MattiaSanti wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:10 pm
Autobot wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:53 pm
MattiaSanti wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:21 pm
Autobot wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:13 pm can this be authorized without an internet connection?
yes of course. You can download the software (obliviously via internet) and then you can authorize the plug-in with a USB Stick.
I've downloaded the installer and I got a serial number but this is not enough unfortunately.
I think it's additionally tied to a kinda machine-id? So the USB needs to be plugged in all the time?
The instructions on the Overloud website is confusing me :lol:
https://www.overloud.com/node/356
Well I found that page by myself. Still not smarter than before. Does the removable USB device need to be plugged in all the time?
If you authorize your machine obviously no USB device has to be plugged in. If you authorize to a stick obviously it has to be plugged in. I do both so that I do not have to plug in anything but I am save in case that I need a portable license.

Oh damn, what a great plug!! Cheers for the gift, will be looking at that dev great stuff

MattiaSanti wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:20 am
Daimonicon wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:24 pm Setup was unable to create the directory C:\ProgramData\Overloud\Gem Mod. :help: :help: :help:
Have you resolve the problem?
No. No matter what it doesn't work. :dog:

Return to “Effects”