Waveform new features requests

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Watchful wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:31 pm Yeah, and triplets need to be revamped.
As of the latest beta you can toggle the triplet grid independent of the time signature.

I'll definitely check that out! Thanks!
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Can we get a key-command option to change the timebase from 'secs' to 'bars' quickly?

The 'triplets' selection as a key-command could be quite useful as well (especially with new update).

The possibility for a dual timeline ruler would be pretty cool. So you could see min/secs and bars/beats at the same time, just a thought.

Kang wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:37 pm
The 'triplets' selection as a key-command could be quite useful as well (especially with new update).
Discovery:

There is a "Tracktion.toggleTripletGrid();" command available. Unfortunately it doesn't update the triplets option on either the properties menu or the time sig near the transport, and it only works when triplets is NOT selected. They should probably just work in conjunction to each other.

So now there's three triplet options: Triplets in the time signature, triplets in the snapping grid, and triplets in the MIDI clips. I'm not yet sure how I like this. Maybe it's good to have separate options, but they seem to interact and make lining up MIDI tricky.

The new triplets feature is an improvement, no question.

But my beef remains the same: it's still not addressing a lot of options. Okay, I can make sextuplets by dividing triplets. That can be a lot of work; consider for example Schubert's Ave Maria, which has them on virtually every bar.

And I admit I'm going a bit extreme here, but the following is not exactly a rare piece of work. Note bar 1.

I suspect the history of Waveform's triplets goes back to Tracktion 1.0, when *everything* had to fit onto one screen, so triplets was jammed in the lower right corner so it could fit somewhere.

The new approach is a big improvement, but still quite limiting in what it allows.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

One last try. Please bring back the colour editor. Please. I am willing to pay several hundred quid for that.
MacBook Pro i7 - 16 GB RAM
10.13.6 (High Sierra)
Tracktion 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, W8, W9, W10 Pro, W11 Pro, W11.5 Pro, W12 Pro
Logic Pro X
ProTools 9, 10, 11

Can we get a simple vector morph device?...that can take 4 inputs in a rack and vector morph between them...much more deterministic and musical than trying to separately modulate independent volume filters...if you want to be really nice have a mouse trajectory draw and record function ,...and then a replay recorded trajectory with speed and direction controls
Thanks!
Music had a one night stand with sound design.....And the condom broke

Kang wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:37 pm Can we get a key-command option to change the timebase from 'secs' to 'bars' quickly?

The possibility for a dual timeline ruler would be pretty cool. So you could see min/secs and bars/beats at the same time, just a thought.
A dual timeline would be awesome. I miss that from my Cakewalk Sonar days, but the key command quick switch would be almost as nice.

Couple feature requests for multi sampler
1. Add at least one more loop type....bi-directional/pingpong or add being able to modulate loop direction....modulating sample start/end and loop/end in ping pong looping adds interesting textures as well....similar to bliss et al
2. Add adjustable loop crossfades for smoothness
3. Add sample start offset parameter that is modulatable so you can vary sample start without losing original start marker...similar to bitwig sampler et al
4. Add a new vertical line for playhead and allow modulation of playhead position and speed......(playhead scrubbing) of sample using the mouse or midi learning of controller rotary or slider independent of note phrasing adds interesting textures as too....allows wavescanning type effects...similar to bliss/harmor/skanner xt/bitwig sampler
5. Add modulatable sample select mode for MS between layers, and the layer select modes you already have in DS (round robin, random, etc)...this allows for wavesequencing type effects...similar to pigments,Msoundfactory, bitwig sampler et al

-sfz import would be nice...improvements from sf2 in(stereo,bitdepth,articulations)
-Event triggers and keyswitches would be nice

Thanks,

Relatively new guy here, so apologies if this is a duplicate, but quick searches in this topic for a few seemingly reasonable terms on the subject did not yield in results.

FR: Not sure whether this would breach any IPR, but having a feature like Reaper's parameter modulation for linking plugin parameters would be just swell, at least within plugin racks. That would make emphasis and compander tricks quite straightforward and I guess it would be only a matter of time for the creatives to go berzerk with it with more unusual stuff.
Last edited by scotofil on Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bermudagold wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:59 pm Can we get a simple vector morph device?...that can take 4 inputs in a rack and vector morph between them...much more deterministic and musical than trying to separately modulate independent volume filters...if you want to be really nice have a mouse trajectory draw and record function ,...and then a replay recorded trajectory with speed and direction controls
Thanks!
I've also often thought about rack devices that could make the experience of using racks much more fun. For example, a simple mixer would be much better than having to add and connect a bunch of volume/pan plugins. An X-Y mixer would be very cool!

spoontechnique wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:52 pm
bermudagold wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:59 pm Can we get a simple vector morph device?...that can take 4 inputs in a rack and vector morph between them...much more deterministic and musical than trying to separately modulate independent volume filters...if you want to be really nice have a mouse trajectory draw and record function ,...and then a replay recorded trajectory with speed and direction controls
Thanks!
I've also often thought about rack devices that could make the experience of using racks much more fun. For example, a simple mixer would be much better than having to add and connect a bunch of volume/pan plugins. An X-Y mixer would be very cool!
yep...especially since they were one of the pioneers in modular plugin racks with visual routing and later native modulators...concepts that everyone takes for granted now... If all you need is an x/y joystick they have had them for a few years...its part of the macro and faceplate creation toolkit...check the video @3:15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHyorMInAMY

Support for komplete kontrol mk2 keyboards. A must ....

Hi,

I am unsure if those have been suggested but the following features would be great:
1. Plugin de-duplication between VST & VST3 and be able to choose to show only one or the other if both exist (as in Ardour).
2. As Waveform is one of the if not the most popular paid DAW in Linux, LV2 built in support is a must.
3. CONTINUE TO BE JUST AWESOME!

Return to “Tracktion”