IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
KVRist
201 posts since 14 Nov, 2016 from Berliner Umland

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:16 am

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:45 am
The site was down for a very short time. We've been around for 25 years, I think we're still quite professional in non-clownworld even with an occasional and brief web site downtime :)
The last 25 years have been a totally different market for plugins and music software. And consumers were falling for quite deceptive business models.

In my opinion your current frantically "all for nothing" clearance sale shouts more "bankruptcy avoidance" than "solid business".

KVRAF
8050 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:21 am

akeia wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:16 am
The site was down for a very short time. We've been around for 25 years, I think we're still quite professional in non-clownworld even with an occasional and brief web site downtime :)
The last 25 years have been a totally different market for plugins and music software. And consumers were falling for quite deceptive business models.

In my opinion your current frantically "all for nothing" clearance sale shouts more "bankruptcy avoidance" than "solid business".
One thing is for sure there will have quite a long sales drought after tis until they have a large base of new products (and then will anyone buy anything knowing that if they wait they will get it 80% off or even free?).

I suspect its about to go subscription...
PC, Studio One, BWS, Live (+PUSH2), FL Studio, Renoise, Reason, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths (Summit, Hydrasynth, DM12, P8), A4 + RYTM, MPC Live, Poly Tracker, Eurorack, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and Pedals

KVRist
465 posts since 8 Jun, 2019

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:29 am

SLiC wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:21 am
akeia wrote:

One thing is for sure there will have quite a long sales drought after tis until they have a large base of new products (and then will anyone buy anything knowing that if they wait they will get it 80% off or even free?).

You do know that they also sell hardware right

KVRian
528 posts since 12 Mar, 2002 from Sacramento, CA

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:59 am

DCrown wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:22 pm
No Promo and Promo!?
Oooh... "promo" means "sale" or "special offer". Not "demo" or "trial".

I see that green "promo" on almost all the products in the Group Buy - I think the special offer they're talking about IS the Group Buy.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

KVRAF
5300 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Hanover, Germany

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:40 am

akeia wrote:

Steile These :o

KVRist
377 posts since 10 May, 2019 from Germany

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:57 am

martinjuenke wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:40 am
akeia wrote:

Steile These :o

Wahnsinn!! Genau das habe ich auch gedacht... ;-)

KVRAF
6567 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Down the Withywindle

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:12 am

akeia wrote:

It also could mean that they're raising capital to develop the next iterations, and if we wish to use our current plugins, we will have to fork over for the newest version. Whenever IK implements M1 ARM Native compatability, I expect I'll have to pay for the privilege.
Should also yield a nice Xmas bonus for Peter. :hyper:
"We're an Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune"

Dennis.

KVRian
979 posts since 1 Jan, 2013

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:55 am

SLiC wrote:
This
"The sun's not yellow, it's chicken."

KVRAF

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:18 am

Except for a couple of TrackS modules, I have everything there I could possibly want. I ended up deleting the full Sampletank 4 sounds/instruments, they were pretty much useless to me. I like the newer add-ons: Shipwreck Piano, Malletopia, the electric grand and the stage piano.
If IK goes subscription, they'll lose one customer. Loudly, and with little restraint, lol.

Dennis.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

7479 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:44 am

Thank you for some of the entertaining posts this morning.
EXPOSED (this used to say... oops can't do that, but just know I do want to avoid violating vurt's moral code and stay out of his grey areas)
T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb

KVRAF
8050 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:12 am

Vleker wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:29 am
SLiC wrote:
akeia wrote:

You do know that they also sell hardware right
Yes- Like this (on the IK Site) https://www.safespacer.net/
Obviously diversifying!
PC, Studio One, BWS, Live (+PUSH2), FL Studio, Renoise, Reason, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths (Summit, Hydrasynth, DM12, P8), A4 + RYTM, MPC Live, Poly Tracker, Eurorack, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and Pedals

KVRAF
9959 posts since 2 Sep, 2003 from Surrey, UK

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:14 am

DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

KVRAF

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:16 am

Speculation should be expected, as I'd say most of your core support is on bbs'es, and now those of us who went into this have pretty much all you have to offer. So, a reasonable question is, besides the x-pedals and other hardware, what are you going to sell us, next? I expect Sampletank is due for a makeover, and you've mentioned the next version of TrackS. Amplitube 6 is likey a ways away, so what's da plan?!

Dennis.

KVRist
189 posts since 27 May, 2019

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:40 am

SLiC wrote:
akeia wrote:

They have been doing group buys for like 10 years.

KVRAF
4395 posts since 5 May, 2005 from Stockholm, Sweden

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:16 am

SLiC wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:12 am
Yes- Like this (on the IK Site) https://www.safespacer.net/
Obviously diversifying!
:scared:

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”