Overloud Gem Mod Dimension for FREE

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRAF
4740 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Post Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:19 pm

It’s not free tho, you give them data and potential buying power.

Voxengo is free. Download, install. No nagging no logins no registration
Image

KVRAF
21271 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Post Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:23 pm

Same old lame argument... it IS free (ATM). Period.

KVRAF
4740 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Post Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:25 pm

Yes yes
Image

AKJ
KVRAF
1940 posts since 2 Mar, 2004

Post Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:28 pm

Ploki wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:19 pm
It’s not free tho, you give them data and potential buying power.

Voxengo is free. Download, install. No nagging no logins no registration
You are free not to sign up and miss this GEM gem. This is really ridiculous.

KVRAF
4740 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Post Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:29 pm

Just being technically accurate

I did download it, it’s okay as expected from GEM
Image

User avatar
addled muppet weed
83841 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:18 am

Dirtgrain wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:42 pm

Also, nice new nickname, "Dish the Dirt Vurt"
i never touched you! that's fake news!!!

User avatar
addled muppet weed
83841 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:19 am

JerGoertz wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:15 pm
vurt wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:07 pm
dave has been seen eyeing up the latest offering from overloud.
will he split from ik?
That saucy trollop! :x
jer spent yesterday evening with reaktor, pics inside!

User avatar
KVRAF
1631 posts since 27 Aug, 2004

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:20 am

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:41 am
A couple of things:
3. This chorus completely disappears in mono - I had tested and discovered that last night
4. The Arturia Dimension D and UAD Dimension D clones do not disappear in mono
5. This sounds great in Stereo though
Not only does it disappear in mono, but adjusting the stereo width in the plugin itself will cause the effect to disappear.

Of course I can't say that mono is a major use case for me and it does sound pretty good in stereo.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

User avatar
Boss Lovin' DR
8922 posts since 15 Mar, 2002 from the grimness of yorkshire

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:33 am

mumpcake wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:20 am
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:41 am
A couple of things:
3. This chorus completely disappears in mono - I had tested and discovered that last night
4. The Arturia Dimension D and UAD Dimension D clones do not disappear in mono
5. This sounds great in Stereo though
Not only does it disappear in mono, but adjusting the stereo width in the plugin itself will cause the effect to disappear.

Of course I can't say that mono is a major use case for me and it does sound pretty good in stereo.
Weird. Not happening here. I'm wondering if that's because in FL even mono tracks are dealt with by the audio engine as being stereo - I'm sure someone can explain it better than me..

KVRist
102 posts since 31 Jan, 2021

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:52 pm

Gem Mob is a wonderful enhancer when used very subtly similar to how one might use tape saturation. I like it just enough to make an instrument sound richer without it sounding like an effect. The listener can't "hear" the chorus effect; they only hear a more "glossy" or fuller instrument. I also like to add it to the effects return, right before the room reverb. Gem Mob goes well with the newly release free Audio Obsession room reverb plugin.

User avatar
KVRian
964 posts since 2 Sep, 2019

Post Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:13 am

jens wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:43 pm
jamcat wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:46 am
This is only the Dimension D model.
I regret signing up for Overloud spam for this.

This isn’t a $99 plugin.
damn right! What are they thinking? How come they dare to offer this to us at all, even if it is free right now? They should pay us for being willing to even just download it! Bloody spam!
billcarroll wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:48 pm
Weird we should find agreement, I think.

Classic KVR complaining about free plugins. There should be an annual KVR award for this.
I said that FOR ME, it wasn’t worth signing up for. The reason is I already have the excellent Arturia Dimension D model. Had I realized before signing up for an Overload account that this wasn’t the full version, I would not have bothered. I was really only interested in the Yamaha chorus. (Mixbox has a decent Solina chorus, though the one built into Arturia’s Solina is better.)

But for someone else who is looking for a Dimension D model, I’m sure this is a great offer.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

KVRAF
1870 posts since 11 Mar, 2003

Post Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:23 am

jamcat wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:13 am
I said that FOR ME, it wasn’t worth signing up for. The reason is I already have the excellent Arturia Dimension D model.
Just to be clear, you can make an account without selecting the 'sign up to newsletter' option. I also have the Arturia and find it comparable - actually having level adjustments makes it a bit more useful than the Arturia in some respects.
jamcat wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:13 am
Had I realized before signing up for an Overload account that this wasn’t the full version, I would not have bothered.
I'm not sure what you mean - how is this not the full version of the Dimension D?

User avatar
KVRian
964 posts since 2 Sep, 2019

Post Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:36 am

Mr Arkadin wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:23 am
jamcat wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:13 am
I said that FOR ME, it wasn’t worth signing up for. The reason is I already have the excellent Arturia Dimension D model.
Just to be clear, you can make an account without selecting the 'sign up to newsletter' option. I also have the Arturia and find it comparable - actually having level adjustments makes it a bit more useful than the Arturia in some respects.
jamcat wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:13 am
Had I realized before signing up for an Overload account that this wasn’t the full version, I would not have bothered.
I'm not sure what you mean - how is this not the full version of the Dimension D?
I mean that Gem:Mod is not the full version of Modula. At the time I signed up, it wasn’t clear to me that Mod was just a light version with only one of the models, since only GEM:Modula had been announced at the same time.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

KVRist
367 posts since 15 Jan, 2003 from USA

Post Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:57 am

I bought the Gem Modula this morning, but probably would have waited if I had known about the free Mod Dimension. For me, the Dimension is the main modulation effect of interest.

AKJ
KVRAF
1940 posts since 2 Mar, 2004

Post Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:59 am

jamcat wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:36 am
I mean that Gem:Mod is not the full version of Modula. At the time I signed up, it wasn’t clear to me that Mod was just a light version with only one of the models, since only GEM:Modula had been announced at the same time.
The webpage had all the information available. You were never promised anything else than a free Dimension D model. If you mix up products that's your problem and Overloud cannot be blamed for it. The communication was clear.

Return to “Effects”