Blue in Green (Miles Davis)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all!

Just sharing my very humble cover of Blue in Green. Hope you will like it.

Played with my Ibanez FGM100, used THU-full for the sound, mixed in Reaper.

Cheers!

https://youtu.be/3QRUz5J2qfI

Would have turned the guitar down slightly in the mix, I know its supposed to be the focus, but a touch too loud for me. Apart from that very skillful, nice vibe. Well done, sir.

Bansaw wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:26 am Would have turned the guitar down slightly in the mix, I know its supposed to be the focus, but a touch too loud for me. Apart from that very skillful, nice vibe. Well done, sir.
Thank you so much for taking time to listen to it and to give your feedback. I'm so pleased you enjoyed it! Thank you also for your comment about the mix. I was concerned the piano would at times cover the guitar, but I totally hear what you say and I will try to do better in this regard next time :)
Thanks again!

I actually didn't think the guitar was too loud, but you're competing with the brushes. Is it a single-track full backing, or are you able to adjust just the drums? You just need to carve a bit more space out for the guitar.

Otherwise, nice playing!

elxsound wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:49 am I actually didn't think the guitar was too loud, but you're competing with the brushes. Is it a single-track full backing, or are you able to adjust just the drums? You just need to carve a bit more space out for the guitar.

Otherwise, nice playing!
Thanks a lot for your comment. Yes you guessed right, unfortunately it was a single track backing track so I couldn't adjust much within it. I could have created my own backing track (I have the tool for that) but I really liked the vibe of this one even if it made me not have that much control over it.
Thanks again!

AngeloFusion wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:56 am
elxsound wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:49 am I actually didn't think the guitar was too loud, but you're competing with the brushes. Is it a single-track full backing, or are you able to adjust just the drums? You just need to carve a bit more space out for the guitar.

Otherwise, nice playing!
Thanks a lot for your comment. Yes you guessed right, unfortunately it was a single track backing track so I couldn't adjust much within it. I could have created my own backing track (I have the tool for that) but I really liked the vibe of this one even if it made me not have that much control over it.
Thanks again!
Makes sense. Do you have anything like Fabfilter's Pro-MB or a dynamic EQ? You should be able to add the dynamic EQ on the backing track, then have it duck at a specific frequency. Probably medium attack/release and perhaps just a .5 to 1db cut so it's not too obvious.
Once you have it set up you can just keep it in a template for future releases so the focus remains on just you without making the backing sound unnatural when it ducks.

Thanks for sharing! I copied & pasted your message in my mix folder so that I can work on that for that track and some others to come. That was super kind of you, thanks a lot! :)

Hi AngeloFusion,

Expression and elegance in this beautiful jazz standard by Miles Davis.

Despite being a pre-recorded and mixed backing track, I can personally perceive all the elements clearly without guitar overshadowing any instrument.

However that is only possible because all the elements of your performance, beautiful guitar tone, technique, vibrato and improvisation are outstanding, which makes for a very rich emotional balance that allows to hear everything in its place.

I maybe might suggest to darken the guitar tone a little bit to achieve a more intimate character. That could interactively improve the sound mix full picture.

BTW, I see (and listen) you use TH-U . That is great! I have used the entire TH series since TH-1 as I have been a beta tester, music demos and preset creator for years for Overloud and several of their amazing products. TH-U is light years ahead in quality and performance!

Thank you for adding a special touch to KVR music cafe with your contribution.

Carlos.
Session guitarist and music producer from Venezuela
One of my old demos: (Scarbee and Overloud)
https://bit.ly/3mDq0D3

Jazzguitar wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:08 pm Hi AngeloFusion,

Expression and elegance in this beautiful jazz standard by Miles Davis.

Despite being a pre-recorded and mixed backing track, I can personally perceive all the elements clearly without guitar overshadowing any instrument.

However that is only possible because all the elements of your performance, beautiful guitar tone, technique, vibrato and improvisation are outstanding, which makes for a very rich emotional balance that allows to hear everything in its place.

I maybe might suggest to darken the guitar tone a little bit to achieve a more intimate character. That could interactively improve the sound mix full picture.

BTW, I see (and listen) you use TH-U . That is great! I have used the entire TH series since TH-1 as I have been a beta tester, music demos and preset creator for years for Overloud and several of their amazing products. TH-U is light years ahead in quality and performance!

Thank you for adding a special touch to KVR music cafe with your contribution.

Carlos.
A warm thank you for your message which really touched me! I'm so glad you enjoyed this video!
I think you are right with your suggestion of a darker tone, it would suit better. Thanks for the suggestion!
Ohhh you've been a beta tester of THU!!! Overloud THU really rocks!! It is poweful and versatile and you can do so much with it. I have so much more to explore and discover with it. This plugin is amazing indeed!
Thanks again for your message! Cheers!

Well done,
TH-U is amazing :phones:

MattiaSanti wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:33 pm Well done,
TH-U is amazing :phones:
Thank you so much for your support! And yes, THU rocks! :)

Return to “Music Cafe”