Elx and a Make Noise Threesome (Indie-Pop?)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
KVRAF

Topic Starter

7273 posts since 18 Aug, 2007 from NYC

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:42 pm

pekbro wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:33 pm
elxsound wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:24 pm
pekbro wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:17 pm
Nice stuff J... I like it :tu:

Personally, I never had any resistance to the MN Trio, just on spending the money for them. :lol:

*I might shave a hairs worth of low end off of that if you want to account for listeners with crappy speakers like me. just sayin... Maybe even just in the reverb :shrug:

-Cheers
Do you know if that was just in the section where the subs kick in? I tried listening on different speakers, but basically, mine goes from monitors to crappy (mobile devices where the low end is cutout anyways). I had originally cut those subs out, but man... I love the bass. I just never got that naturally from software.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this track... I had intended to just make some cool noises and share, but stumbled into something I like (but don't know what it is at the same time).

I got some feedback today that will send me back to arrangement work and if I don't f**k it up, I'll have a different version in a while. I'll try to fix the bass in the mixing then.
It's really super minor, just sounds a little boxy on my speakers. Anyway, I just hi-pass at 40-50 hz
or so and use the filter slope to adjust. For me that works (mostly). :shrug:

*btw: I like to use Klanghelm VUMT Deluxe for this a lot as there is a handy Dynamic EQ that
you can use to further tune the bass after the cut. Not to mention the mono maker, also handy
for bass. Of course the VU meter and everything else makes VUMT pretty excellent all around.
I have it but honestly haven’t put it to use. I’ll use it for the next mix, but I believe I know the problem because I added the bass back after cutting it earlier. I’m sure I can cut more and not lose what I like about it. That’s all 0-Coast. I wish I jumped in on analog earlier.

Return to “Music Cafe”