Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Brian.McClelland wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:01 pm
fmr wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:16 am
rezoneight wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:16 pm I think "updates" isn't just updates to what you have (the logical thing). Thought someone posted about that here in the recent past. Maybe it was on GS.
If the "updates" doesn't refer to what we have installed, then the stupid thing should simply SHUT-UP, instead of annoying users with useless pop-up messages.

This is simply lazy, badly planned and badly programmed stuff.
Hi, fmr! Brian from Roland Cloud here. There is a simple way to turn off notifications. Located in the preferences menu in the lower left corner of Roland Cloud Manager, you'll find three check boxes, one of them will be "Allow Desktop Notifications." There is another option for "Auto-update My Instruments" that you can utilize to automatically update as new versions are released. Let me know if this corrects your issue. If you need further assistance, we can check the system logs and see if there is something else going with the notification process. Thanks!
so your "solution" is to hide the buggy behavior? why not just fix it?

rezoneight wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:16 pm I think "updates" isn't just updates to what you have (the logical thing). Thought someone posted about that here in the recent past. Maybe it was on GS.
If the "updates" doesn't refer to what we have installed, then the stupid thing should simply SHUT-UP, instead of annoying users with useless pop-up messages.

Hi, fmr! Brian from Roland Cloud here. There is a simple way to turn off notifications. Located in the preferences menu in the lower left corner of Roland Cloud Manager, you'll find three check boxes, one of them will be "Allow Desktop Notifications." There is another option for "Auto-update My Instruments" that you can utilize to automatically update as new versions are released. Let me know if this corrects your issue. If you need further assistance, we can check the system logs and see if there is something else going with the notification process. Thanks!
Is this the best you have to say? I'm not even going to tell you what I think of your advice :evil:
Fernando (FMR)

kinkajou wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:25 am
Arashi wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:18 pm Reinstalling might help (which is never a good sign for software quality).
...no, doesn't help at all.
I reinstalled the software manager several times only for testing, but still have the notice that there is an update for "Zenology Pro".
Last week it was for "Zenology FX"... it changes from time to time but mainly the "updates" are for the Zenology stuff.
Have you tried un-installing before re-installing? I've had to do that a few times on Windows 10 using 'Add or remove programs'.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:01 am
kinkajou wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:25 am
Arashi wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:18 pm Reinstalling might help (which is never a good sign for software quality).
...no, doesn't help at all.
I reinstalled the software manager several times only for testing, but still have the notice that there is an update for "Zenology Pro".
Last week it was for "Zenology FX"... it changes from time to time but mainly the "updates" are for the Zenology stuff.
Have you tried un-installing before re-installing? I've had to do that a few times on Windows 10 using 'Add or remove programs'.
as noted above, another sign of poorly designed software is when the "solution" is to constantly un-install and re-install it to get it to not malfunction.

Ok, but does it work?

Aloysius wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:15 am Ok, but does it work?
I already uninstalled and reinstalled RCM more than once (sometimes, because I simply couldn't make it to update itself, other times to try to install some instruments that simply would not install, and other times just to start fresh, in order to try to get rid of all the annoyances, like the dreaful messages "We have new instruments" and "there are updates").

None of those worked. When something is badly programmed, there is only one way to solve the problem: START FRESH AND CREATE A NEW PROGRAM.

I believe Roland has enough resources to hire one or two software programmers that actually know what they are doing.
Last edited by fmr on Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Fair enough

fmr wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:30 am
I already uninstalled and reinstalled RCM more than once (sometimes, because I simply couldn't make it to update itself, other times to try to install some instruments that simply would not install, and other times just to start fresh, in order to try to get rid of all the annoyances, like the dreaful messages "We have new instruments" and "there are updates").

None of those worked. When something is badly programmed, there is only one way to solve the problem: START FRESH AND CREATE A NEW PROGRAM.

I believe Roland has enough resources to hire one or two software programmers that actually know what they are doing.
Rubbish, sorry, but I've never encountered any issues you've mentioned.
Used RC from the very beginning on my intel 2018 i7 27" iMac and now also on new M1 Mac mini with NO issues whatsoever.
RC was always very stable for me and now with native Apple Silicone support, it's everything I've wished for :)

Atlatnesiti wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:19 am

Used RC from the very beginning on my intel 2018 i7 27" iMac and now also on new M1 Mac mini with NO issues whatsoever.
RC was always very stable for me and now with native Apple Silicone support, it's everything I've wished for :)
So, because YOU didn't encounter any problems, it's rubbish. Me and all the others that encountered them we just don't know what we are doing... Right :roll:

You, a novice, know it better then me, that use Roland Cloud since basically the beginning of it :lol:

Back off kid. Get back playing with your new toy, and leave the grownups talking.
Last edited by fmr on Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

I have had some issues with the Roland Cloud app about false positives and get network unavailability errors on quite a few occasions, but touch wood so far nothing that’s stopped me using the plugins. The app could definitely be improved though, for instance I don’t understand why you can’t just set somewhere once that you don’t have hardware like a Fantom, having to scroll through a load of irrelevant software to find updates/installs you do want gets old fast. Also not sure why it has pseudo web page behaviour, makes it slow to navigate and I’d prefer a classic grey windows app that functions better.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:34 am I have had some issues with the Roland Cloud app about false positives and get network unavailability errors on quite a few occasions, but touch wood so far nothing that’s stopped me using the plugins.
yeah, it doesn't prevent me from using the plug-ins either, it's just annoying.
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:34 am The app could definitely be improved though, for instance I don’t understand why you can’t just set somewhere once that you don’t have hardware like a Fantom, having to scroll through a load of irrelevant software to find updates/installs you do want gets old fast.
I wrote this more than once. If they want a manager for the hardware, FGS create a DIFFERENT app for that. Or at least give us the option to select what we are about to, in order to not have to go through all the rubbish.

If they think they persuade anyone with this disguised advertising... think again.
Fernando (FMR)

You can have it display just the software (versus hardware, right-click on the Category button) but it doesn't stay how it's set for the next time you load the app. They should add that option to the profile settings under Preferences in the lower-left.

Examigan wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:14 pm You can have it display just the software (versus hardware, right-click on the Category button) but it doesn't stay how it's set for the next time you load the app. They should add that option to the profile settings under Preferences in the lower-left.
That's a view filter only, and temporary, as you noticed.

And they should also have in the Settings an item to allow the user to put the directory where the plug-ins should be installed and what type of plug-.ins should be installed. Not everybody has their VSTs installed in C:\Program Files\VstPlugIns.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:30 am
Atlatnesiti wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:19 am

So, because YOU didn't encounter any problems, it's rubbish. Me and all the others that encountered them we just don't know what we are doing... Right :roll:

You, a novice, know it better then me, that use Roland Cloud since basically the beginning of it :lol:

Back off kid. Get back playing with your new toy, and leave the grownups talking.
Likely you don't have that much more experience given that its only been around since the end of 2016 :hihi:

At the end of the day, as you said, its not preventing you from using the products you paid for and its just annoying. Maybe save yourself some heartache and just get music made and check every once in awhile for updates. For me it ALWAYS says updates available when I click the icon in the Mac's menu bar. Always. But it's not keeping anything from working. So long story short, pick your poison.

And yes, I'm one of the adults :lol:

fmr wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:47 am

Is this the best you have to say? I'm not even going to tell you what I think of your advice :evil:
To be fair, Fernando, Brian has been nothing but courteous and gracious in his responses and attempts to help here, and certainly hasn't resorted to personally insulting or attacking anyone. I realize you're irritated, but dude... come on. :dog:

/also a Roland Cloud user from Day 1
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Return to “Instruments”