IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
TribeOfHǫfuð
KVRian
806 posts since 4 Feb, 2021

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:22 am

martinjuenke wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:12 am
Tell us more! :tu:
All right. Hofund is the magical sword of Heimdall, the guardian of the gates to Valhalla at the end of the rainbow bridge Bifrost. He is destined to kill Loki and vice versa during Ragnarok. If any Jotuns dare to cross bifrost he will alarm Valhalla with his big fat Gjallerhorn. The mess will be much worse than even a analog-versus digital debate at KVR.
Last edited by TribeOfHǫfuð on Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or obligue motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

agharta
KVRian
1151 posts since 10 Jan, 2018

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:23 am

Well that explains a lot, case closed.

TribeOfHǫfuð
KVRian

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:25 am

Glad you finally came to your senses. Now, do not let it repeat itself or else.... :wink:
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or obligue motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

martinjuenke
KVRAF
5363 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Hanover, Germany

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:54 am

Isn't Vahalla providing reverbs?

TribeOfHǫfuð
KVRian

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:59 am

Yup. Buy one and guess how many you will get for free.

Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

Topic Starter

7542 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:25 pm

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:52 am
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:56 am
SLiC wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:45 am
martinjuenke wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:58 am
Popcorn anybody?
Buy 1 carton of Popcorn, get 25 cartons free :tu:
up to 24 free :D
So you guys changed it to fix the math afterall?
There was never any math to fix. Has always been stated as up to 24 free, 25 for the price of 1.

Edit - get to that extension (still not looking great at the current rate, so hopefully more people start jumping in soon) and you'll see the last tiers.
EXPOSED (this used to say... oops can't do that, but just know I do want to avoid violating vurt's moral code and stay out of his grey areas)
T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb

J4R1O
KVRian
996 posts since 1 Jan, 2013

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:42 pm

My guess is 2 more freebies...
"The sun's not yellow, it's chicken."

maschinelf
KVRian
880 posts since 3 Sep, 2011

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:54 pm

It's not just about choosing to back up though .. the way installations are handled makes the backup process a pita besides the separate pc-mac thing. Imo not worth it. If it is worth it to others, then more power to them.

And ppl justifying it while simultaneously dissing mac users for not spending $10 is itself an almost Apple level of fanboyism. Or maybe just a way to tell themselves they bought in to something good or feel good about their purchase, and/or hoping to touch those targets while others don't rain on their parade.

The extensions for the purpose of saving face is about right. They probably had it in mind that they would extend if and when necessary, but were hoping to reach it before October and necessitating a second round. Yea maybe the reactivation purchase thing is a minor issue but combined with the convoluted install and backup process it's enough to put me (and I suspect several others) off. Not enough to make me swear off IK forever, as I own a few of their products and might pick up a few more in future, but enough to make me think this particular GB actually does not offer as much as the marketing spin makes it seem. And also apparently enough that they really appear to be struggling to reach their target, and hence the two rounds of extensions.

Edit - and I won't be surprised if they extend it even if they don't reach their new target for this month.

Ceej
KVRian
563 posts since 12 Mar, 2002 from Sacramento, CA

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:23 pm

I would just like to point out for people who might be put off by the "re-download fee" fracas that it does only apply to sound banks - basically to the sample data for SampleTank-based products. You can always go back and redownload any of your plugins for free. So if you're sticking to T-RackS, AmpliTube, and separate products like the MODOs, Hammond, and Lurssen, feel free to ignore the whole thing.

[*] - MODO Drum does have a significant sample library associated with it, but at least at the moment it doesn't seem to be affected by the re-download fee since the samples are bundled in the plugin installer itself. I suppose that could change in future.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

Scotty
KVRAF
2361 posts since 23 Dec, 2002

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:44 pm

Ceej wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:23 pm
I would just like to point out for people who might be put off by the "re-download fee" fracas that it does only apply to sound banks - basically to the sample data for SampleTank-based products. You can always go back and redownload any of your plugins for free. So if you're sticking to T-RackS, AmpliTube, and separate products like the MODOs, Hammond, and Lurssen, feel free to ignore the whole thing.

[*] - MODO Drum does have a significant sample library associated with it, but at least at the moment it doesn't seem to be affected by the re-download fee since the samples are bundled in the plugin installer itself. I suppose that could change in future.
To round out your post Mellotron and Syntronik are also sample based with a 180 day download window. I think most of us can manage a back up strategy and a 6 month window to download our stuff. Really appreciate your ongoing support of this thread Ceej. Great work.

agharta
KVRian

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:26 pm

What is the recommended procedure for backing up the libraries in case you need to install them from scratch on a new PC?
Windows only, no interest in Apple.
Can I just backup the folders with all the samples etc?
Or do you need to save the zip files and reinstall from there?
I am used to Kontakt where there are no dependencies so you can just backup the folders.

Scotty
KVRAF
2361 posts since 23 Dec, 2002

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:40 pm

You don't need to reinstall them. You can copy the folders and just point Sampletank to the libraries and rescan if it doesn't do it automatically. You can also copy them across platforms as well. I've duplicated my Sampletank folders from my main PC to my secondary Mac daw. I've had no issues and I've been working with Sampletank for years. Works great.

Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
9356 posts since 12 May, 2008

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:49 pm

Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:25 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:52 am
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:56 am
SLiC wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:45 am
martinjuenke wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:58 am
Popcorn anybody?
Buy 1 carton of Popcorn, get 25 cartons free :tu:
up to 24 free :D
So you guys changed it to fix the math afterall?
There was never any math to fix. Has always been stated as up to 24 free, 25 for the price of 1.

Edit - get to that extension (still not looking great at the current rate, so hopefully more people start jumping in soon) and you'll see the last tiers.
Oh ok. I'm still confused about the registration numbers. Unless guys have a typo here:
"Buy 1 Get 17 Free* when 17,000 registrations are reached

Buy 1 Get 18 Free* when 18,000 registrations are reached

Buy 1 Get 19 Free* when 19,000 registrations are reached

Buy 1 Get 20 Free* when 20,000 registrations are reached

And so on, up to our goal of 25,000 participants, and 25 titles for the price of 1!"

The top tier should actually be 24,000 for 24 free products then not 25,000 right?
System: Windows 10, Dell XPS 2-in-1, Bitwig 3, Steinberg UR44.

Ceej
KVRian
563 posts since 12 Mar, 2002 from Sacramento, CA

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:54 pm

They didn't make it clear, especially at first, but nothing says (anymore) that all tiers require 1000 participants. It seems like tiers 21-24 will require 1250 participants each.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

agharta
KVRian

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:15 pm

Scotty wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:40 pm
You don't need to reinstall them. You can copy the folders and just point Sampletank to the libraries and rescan if it doesn't do it automatically. You can also copy them across platforms as well. I've duplicated my Sampletank folders from my main PC to my secondary Mac daw. I've had no issues and I've been working with Sampletank for years. Works great.
Thanks.
Is this true for their other libraries?

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”