IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
KVRAF
2319 posts since 23 Dec, 2002

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:58 pm

agharta wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:15 pm
Scotty wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:40 pm
You don't need to reinstall them. You can copy the folders and just point Sampletank to the libraries and rescan if it doesn't do it automatically. You can also copy them across platforms as well. I've duplicated my Sampletank folders from my main PC to my secondary Mac daw. I've had no issues and I've been working with Sampletank for years. Works great.
Thanks.
Is this true for their other libraries?
I haven't tested it with Sampletron II or Syntronik as I just bought them. Given that they load in Sampletank IV as well as in their own shell I suspect that it would be the same.

KVRAF
6574 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Down the Withywindle

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:08 pm

Wasn't too sure about Fender 1, it's at least a decade old. Going through Amplitube 5, I've got a very cool Twin patch that is damn close to the real thing. Three of my 'roll my own' patches have come from Fender 1 and they're brilliant, just needing a bit if volume roll-off on the gee-tar.
"We're an Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune"

Dennis.

KVRist
189 posts since 27 May, 2019

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:27 pm

maschinelf wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:54 pm
It's not just about choosing to back up though .. the way installations are handled makes the backup process a pita besides the separate pc-mac thing. Imo not worth it. If it is worth it to others, then more power to them.

And ppl justifying it while simultaneously dissing mac users for not spending $10 is itself an almost Apple level of fanboyism. Or maybe just a way to tell themselves they bought in to something good or feel good about their purchase, and/or hoping to touch those targets while others don't rain on their parade.

The extensions for the purpose of saving face is about right. They probably had it in mind that they would extend if and when necessary, but were hoping to reach it before October and necessitating a second round. Yea maybe the reactivation purchase thing is a minor issue but combined with the convoluted install and backup process it's enough to put me (and I suspect several others) off. Not enough to make me swear off IK forever, as I own a few of their products and might pick up a few more in future, but enough to make me think this particular GB actually does not offer as much as the marketing spin makes it seem. And also apparently enough that they really appear to be struggling to reach their target, and hence the two rounds of extensions.

Edit - and I won't be surprised if they extend it even if they don't reach their new target for this month.
Or you know, some of us actually know how much the hosting for 100 GB sound libraries costs and understand that is unreasonable for a company to allow you to perpetually download them when ever you want at no cost.

KVRAF
2319 posts since 23 Dec, 2002

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:53 pm

gerk wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:27 pm
Or you know, some of us actually know how much the hosting for 100 GB sound libraries costs and understand that is unreasonable for a company to allow you to perpetually download them when ever you want at no cost.
For rough math purposes : SampleTank Max is 260 gigs + 18 gigs for Syntronik Deluxe + 8 gigs for Sampletron II + Optional Expansion Libraries. Likely in excess of 300 GB of sample data across the IK product line. You get half a year to get your sh^t together to download it after you purchase a licence (or $6.99 with Jam points) and have at all of it again. Life is good.

KVRian
878 posts since 3 Sep, 2011

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:54 pm

gerk wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:27 pm
Well then more power to you .. and good on you for monitoring hosting prices 😄😄.. perhaps you can also explain why other devs don't seem to have a problem with this .. really dude, no one is saying you should 'perpetually' download them. Infact I'm pretty sure someone pointed this out, not sure if it was on this thread though, that there's actually nothing stopping someone from downloading the libraries everyday for 180 days just for the hell of it. That same post also pointed how it actually might make more sense to restrict it on the basis of number of downloads allowed, which even some smaller companies like Wave Alchemy for example used to offer, and I think even they eventually removed this restriction.

KVRian
878 posts since 3 Sep, 2011

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:22 pm

Or let me put this another way in case anyone is butthurt about others disagreeing with their idea of a good sale .. firstly it's actually not a bad offer for someone who owns none or very few IK products, or is interested in enough of their remaining catalogue. If I didn't for example already own T-rackS max then there would be enough modules of interest. But the way it is I can choose maybe the tapes and comprexxor and the convolution reverb, and otherwise the only thing of interest is the syntronik single libraries. None of the amplitube or modo stuff interests me, and the sample tank libraries are of minor interest. Mixbox and arc are sort of interesting but the entry point is too high considering what else is left to choose and the cost-benefit. And $10 might sound trivial but when your purchase is $49.99 then it's 20 percent of that which is a significant portion. Btw I got t-racks max for a bargain price of close to $100 with jampoints and a crossgrade after buying an uno synth, and thankful to IK for that great deal. So in sum this deal might be great for some, especially those that own relatively few of their products, but for me personally I think they've had much better sales in the past.

One more thing, say I bought in at $49.99 and chose all 22 or whatever the number of syntronik libraries. That still leaves 3 and I'd be happy to just take 3 download reactivation credits in effect giving me two years, even at a much lower value than what I'd be permitted (anything upto 49.99). But oh that's not part of the group buy etc etc.
Last edited by maschinelf on Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

KVRist
94 posts since 1 Jul, 2021

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:25 pm

J4R1O wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:42 pm
My guess is 2 more freebies...
My guess is it will end at 19998

Only 0.6%, it is even way less, because many a man bought more items to join several price levels, so let's say about 0.4% have joined IKM Group Buy. Only!!!
Not sure whether there would be more when another dev would make such a group buy,
but that's really not a lot.
I suppose most people have spent their money on holidays, so maybe bad timing or Arturia has become that strong!?
Arturia has become better indeed with some interesting releases and I consider Arturia main competitor, whereas Native Instruments seems to sleep about the last 5 years (just my opinion), on the other hand Amplitube 5 and Hammond were some great releases, too. Or some people do not like IKM "forces" you to download within 180 day and then pay!? There are some no-gos and people won't buy a special brand, I for instance do not buy Plugin Alliance products. And also no NI, but for a different reason, NI has become boring imo.
Well, I don't know...
I am fine with Group Buy.
Last edited by DCrown on Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

KVRAF

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:13 pm

I had enough stuff already that I only really needed to go in once, but no, the psych worked on me even as I was clicking 'buy' for my second entry, though I was aware of it. Now, I have more than anything I could want. So, now, my IK cup overfloweth. People who went in 4 times… :nutter:

Dennis.

KVRian
804 posts since 4 Feb, 2021

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:21 pm

Just woke up. I see I was in a wonderful mood yesterday. Yeah, well, some days….
Did I remember to tell ya it is all about principles, and if I could download my mac lib, I would likely delete it less than an hour later? Samplemoog was okay to me, but also a little meh. I can do better with modern emus for sure or my Altair 231. Enjoy your downloads. All 125 tetabites.

Freya’s Peace to all
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or obligue motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

KVRAF
9300 posts since 12 May, 2008

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:31 pm

TribeOfHǫfuð wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:21 pm
Just woke up. I see I was in a wonderful mood yesterday. Yeah, well, some days….
Did I remember to tell ya it is all about principles, and if I could download my mac lib, I would likely delete it less than an hour later? Samplemoog was okay to me, but also a little meh. I can do better with modern emus for sure or my Altair 231. Enjoy your downloads. All 125 tetabites.

Freya’s Peace to all
I think you mean 125 gababits.
System: Windows 10, Dell XPS 2-in-1, Bitwig 3, Steinberg UR44.

KVRian
804 posts since 4 Feb, 2021

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:36 pm

I stand corrected. And there are only 124 of them. However, I have heard that Teta´s Bites is a great catering:

https://www.instagram.com/tetasbites/?hl=da
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or obligue motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

KVRist

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:20 pm

@TribeOfHǫfuð

You posted that you are not sure if you stored some IKM library on an external drive and then would like to install it after some years, if it would still be up to date or still run.

I think, quite a lot of devs charge money for upgrades. Well, they call it upgrades, although it's just updates more or less to justify an upgrade charge.
Truly speaking Amplitube 5 could also be just an update of version 4, but devs call it upgrade to make some spectacular promotion and to charge some money again.
Some devs make un update, when another dev would make an upgrade.

So update and upgrade, it's a bit confusing and just a making more money thing, isn't it?!

KVRAF

Post Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:31 am

Amplitube 5 is in no way comparable to previous iterations. Especially when you get all the sig modules free, it's in a different league. I said earlier in this thread that I found Amplitube 3&4 interesting. Amplitube 5 is fun, easy to get great tone from, and will be used in my future recordings.

Dennis.

KVRist

Post Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:40 am

Amplitube 5 is great, I like it a lot.
But I liked Amplitube 4 as much as I like Amplitube 5.
LOL your posts sound like you could not have used Amplitube 4 for productions LOL
Are you trying to say Amplitube 4 was crap? LOL
And of course it's comparable.
They added new speaker technology, great.
Changed gui a little, great and a few things more, great!
I could play guitar and bass with 4 and still can with 5.
Yes, you can call that upgrade, of course, you can, you could also have called it update
or upgrade, but for free like Cockos Reaper does, one upgrade is for free each time and with every upgrade you get hundreds of cool updates, that's really cool!
Afaik some devs even never charge un upgrade !
The greatest free upgrade was by SSL native to awesome and completely different version 2!!! I love this dev!
The upgrade is so great, because now you can even use two different versions of bus comp and channel, they are both great and different! That's good customer service!
Of course, different devs make different business and that's the way it is in capitalism :)

KVRAF

Post Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:25 am

DCrown wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:40 am
Amplitube 5 is great, I like it a lot.
But I liked Amplitube 4 as much as I like Amplitube 5.
LOL your posts sound like you could not have used Amplitube 4 for productions LOL
Are you trying to say Amplitube 4 was crap? LOL
And of course it's comparable.
They added new speaker technology, great.
Changed gui a little, great and a few things more, great!
I could play guitar and bass with 4 and still can with 5.
Yes, you can call that upgrade, of course, you can, you could also have called it update
or upgrade, but for free like Cockos Reaper does, one upgrade is for free each time and with every upgrade you get hundreds of cool updates, that's really cool!
Afaik some devs even never charge un upgrade !
The greatest free upgrade was by SSL native to awesome and completely different version 2!!! I love this dev!
The upgrade is so great, because now you can even use two different versions of bus comp and channel, they are both great and different! That's good customer service!
Of course, different devs make different business and that's the way it is in capitalism :)
It was limited, and the GUI was a pain. The only amp I liked from 4 was the Red Pig. The Fender collections didn't sound as good, or feel as good. I'm sure I'm susceptible to the placebo effect as anyone, but I never played with either previous iterations for hours on end. Not tweaking, just playing. Last night I was playing my semi through a custom Twin patch. Never heard Amplitube like that. And it responds to dynamics and volume roll-off, just like real amps.

Dennis.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”