Reaktor 'Sapphire' metasequencer available for free download

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
KVRAF
2144 posts since 3 Mar, 2010

Post Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:39 am

That would be great - thank you in advance!

KVRer
2 posts since 6 Sep, 2019

Post Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:52 pm

This makes such beautiful sounds. I just let it play and wash over me. I'm wondering though if and how it can be played using a keyboard controller. Many thanks.

KVRist

Topic Starter

47 posts since 4 Jul, 2021

Post Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:17 am

Well I haven't played with Reaktor 6 much, so I'm not sure if it's changed how the MIDI input works, but as you have a keyboard controller I guess you already got that working. There's a MIDI matrix on the B panel, which should be pretty intuitive, but it's described in the manual how you can send individual channels or individual note ranges to each of the sequencers, and they can trigger, transpose, and advance the step and bar sequencers in various ways which is all also described in the manual. And that's the way to do it. What's really good is you can play one note, have it play a transposed sequence, put it through the mapper to fix it to a particular key, and then play another note to do something else to it. Two notes, and you got a whole thing going. If you can't figure it out, well no one else had a problem with that, but if you can't, let me know what the issue is that you can't figure out, and I'll try to explain it better.

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:35 am

Upon request, a version of Sapphire that works on Reaktor 5 is now available for download:

https://yofiel.com/max.php

KVRist
359 posts since 25 Aug, 2018

Post Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:44 am

It appears the Reaktor 5 ensemble contains two analog synths and a drum synth while the Reaktor 6 ensemble only contains a single analog synth. Am I seeing that correctly?

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:33 am

courtjestr wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:44 am
It appears the Reaktor 5 ensemble contains two analog synths and a drum synth while the Reaktor 6 ensemble only contains a single analog synth. Am I seeing that correctly?
Yes that's true. The demo snaps didn't use the other two instruments, so I removed them. They were only intended to show how it works. It's meant to be something to use with your own synths :)

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:35 am

yofiel wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:33 am
courtjestr wrote:
Yes that's true. The demo snaps didn't use the other two instruments, so I removed them. They were only intended to show how it works. It's meant to be something to use with your own synths. The synth is actually the R4 version of 2-osc with all the unnecessary encapsulations removed so it didn't use as much CPU, which was a problem back in those days :)

KVRist
359 posts since 25 Aug, 2018

Post Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:58 pm

yofiel wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:33 am
courtjestr wrote:
Yes that's true. The demo snaps didn't use the other two instruments, so I removed them. They were only intended to show how it works. It's meant to be something to use with your own synths :)
Okay. There are some drum snaps that used the drum synth, but only about three or four.

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:22 am

Oh sorry about that. Thanks for trying the snaps ) It's the same ensemble, but when I shared R5 ensembles before, some less skilled people complained they couldn't open it.

Think you wil use it to make any music?

KVRist
355 posts since 13 Jul, 2021

Post Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:22 am

Dude this sounds sweet. Also love your naming of your devices after some of my favorite philosophers. :)

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:11 am

Glad you like it. I tried sharing on NI forums, but people were rude again and I was rude back so I was banned again. One comment said cynically I used to ask for email but now I don't, so my software actually is free now. Well, the desire for life to be 'completely free' has created other problems, so I wrote a reply to that, finally, which is here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SocialEngineer ... ence_paid/

Return to “Modular Synthesis”