Reaktor 'Sapphire' metasequencer available for free download

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That would be great - thank you in advance!

This makes such beautiful sounds. I just let it play and wash over me. I'm wondering though if and how it can be played using a keyboard controller. Many thanks.

Well I haven't played with Reaktor 6 much, so I'm not sure if it's changed how the MIDI input works, but as you have a keyboard controller I guess you already got that working. There's a MIDI matrix on the B panel, which should be pretty intuitive, but it's described in the manual how you can send individual channels or individual note ranges to each of the sequencers, and they can trigger, transpose, and advance the step and bar sequencers in various ways which is all also described in the manual. And that's the way to do it. What's really good is you can play one note, have it play a transposed sequence, put it through the mapper to fix it to a particular key, and then play another note to do something else to it. Two notes, and you got a whole thing going. If you can't figure it out, well no one else had a problem with that, but if you can't, let me know what the issue is that you can't figure out, and I'll try to explain it better.

Upon request, a version of Sapphire that works on Reaktor 5 is now available for download:

https://yofiel.com/max.php

It appears the Reaktor 5 ensemble contains two analog synths and a drum synth while the Reaktor 6 ensemble only contains a single analog synth. Am I seeing that correctly?

courtjestr wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:44 pm It appears the Reaktor 5 ensemble contains two analog synths and a drum synth while the Reaktor 6 ensemble only contains a single analog synth. Am I seeing that correctly?
Yes that's true. The demo snaps didn't use the other two instruments, so I removed them. They were only intended to show how it works. It's meant to be something to use with your own synths :)

yofiel wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:33 pm
courtjestr wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:44 pm It appears the Reaktor 5 ensemble contains two analog synths and a drum synth while the Reaktor 6 ensemble only contains a single analog synth. Am I seeing that correctly?
Yes that's true. The demo snaps didn't use the other two instruments, so I removed them. They were only intended to show how it works. It's meant to be something to use with your own synths. The synth is actually the R4 version of 2-osc with all the unnecessary encapsulations removed so it didn't use as much CPU, which was a problem back in those days :)

yofiel wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:33 pm
Yes that's true. The demo snaps didn't use the other two instruments, so I removed them. They were only intended to show how it works. It's meant to be something to use with your own synths :)
Okay. There are some drum snaps that used the drum synth, but only about three or four.

Oh sorry about that. Thanks for trying the snaps ) It's the same ensemble, but when I shared R5 ensembles before, some less skilled people complained they couldn't open it.

Think you wil use it to make any music?

Dude this sounds sweet. Also love your naming of your devices after some of my favorite philosophers. :)

Glad you like it. I tried sharing on NI forums, but people were rude again and I was rude back so I was banned again. One comment said cynically I used to ask for email but now I don't, so my software actually is free now. Well, the desire for life to be 'completely free' has created other problems, so I wrote a reply to that, finally, which is here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SocialEngineer ... ence_paid/

Thank u for all the sharing u did over the years. im concentrating on saphire, lenin, hegel, and marx. leviathon v1 is the only one that opens A panel, v2 will not but who cares? u gave us all so much to explore for a lifetime , i dont think an A page will matter in life. saphire and lenin and marx will keep a person busy for dozens of lifetimes.

still trying to figure out saphire getting drum demo instrument to sound . but doesnt matter. life is short and precious when we can find a place to sit and not have to worry about death coming to our door once in a while, thats when a different magic opens up. hope your doing well. we chatted almost around 8 years ago. hope to get those snaps to user library soon.

Does anyone know where I can download Hegel and Leviathan at this time? They don't seem to be in the User Library any more.

Thanks in advance!

Return to “Modular Synthesis”