MPC Studio 2

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://youtu.be/mhYrq_HTRCg

What's everyone's take on this bad boy? Looks slicker than dog shit.

I guess the MPC looks good if that's what you're into but that video got my attention more - why is it that so many of the new singers coming up sound like they have speech impediments? Seems like it's a deliberate style, or is it just bad engineering? Maybe it's just a silly fad - often sounds like the singer is trying to stick their tongue into the mic and lick out the insides of it. Very weird and I don't like it. If they want to do that...buy an ice cream. :smack:

kritikon wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:15 pm Maybe it's just a silly fad - often sounds like the singer is trying to stick their tongue into the mic and lick out the insides of it. Very weird and I don't like it.
:scared:
You sure you don't like it, chief? :lol:

If I was the microphone, maybe I would... :hihi:

Love the Akai range but, for me, the softwares kinda the weakest part. Looks well priced, if standalone, or pretending to be, isnt a priority.

Saying that bring out a retro version and Ill buy it because…retro version I guess 😁

kcearl wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:49 pm Love the Akai range but, for me, the softwares kinda the weakest part. Looks well priced, if standalone, or pretending to be, isnt a priority.

Saying that bring out a retro version and Ill buy it because…retro version I guess 😁
I'm thinking about it. I sold my MPC Live because the hardware version is just too convoluted to use when changing time signatures. The software doesn't suffer this. It's the one area where the software is miles better, and no one gives a crap but me about it apparently.

More succinctly, I'll buy it when the MPC software goes Apple Silicon native, so probably not for another year.

Anyone know if the software works on Linux?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”