Pianoteq 7 Electric Pianos vs Keyscape... Which one do you like the most?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I haven't used Keyscape so I can't comment on the comparison but the electric piano presets are definitely a weak spot for Pianoteq.
I was initially planning to buy the Stage version but you really need the tweaks in Pro or Standard to get the Rhodes and Wurlitzer sounding "right".
(Comparing to my MkI Rhodes and 203W Wurli)
I love the stock Clavinet sound though!
But yes, with tweaking, you can get a lot of different, great, Rhodes sounds - I'm still tweaking the Wurlitzer but it's getting there!

I found the the e. pianos in Pianoteq 4 to be weak, but with much improvement with version 5 and the introduction of the second library. In both libraries. At version 6 I let go of Lounge Lizard, although recently found I missed it for its "experimental" properties. I also find the "rubber hammer" quality to be special in the LL4. Recently bought again for that reason.
Keyscape is mostly "chimmey" and often too bell like, but again is okay in tweaking to more experimental ways. The thing that separates Keyscape to me is not the electrics as much as the electronic MKS pianos. Nails the Roland sound without having to deal with Roland. But overall, its expense compared to its focus makes it more of a luxury than a necessity to me.

Every new version of Pianoteq has had voice improvements that make it a necessity for me.
If you have the money, buy all three. But if you don't, Pianoteq.

Add: Last night, I tried some layering in Pianoteq of a Gentle Chorus MKII with a 1/10th volume of Vibraphone. Which replaces many of the Keyscape presets easily.

I just l love Electrics since I've been playing them for five decades. They all can have their place.

Return to “Instruments”